ADVERTISEMENT

An Edgy Thread tradition they couldn’t take away...TESTING DAY NUMBERS!!

McCaravan

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
Tomorrow is Catholic School Entrance Exam. A Edgy tradition is to post those numbers and either pound your chest with pride because your Alma mater tested high or say to yourself “What the hell happened?” Also a chance to find out where some highly touted 8th graders that jumped the border to play in Indiana this landed.

I do want to say congrats to these schools recruiting teams. There was no shadow days allowed, for the coaches there was no grade school sports to watch in the State, they made lemons out of lemonade.

Post those numbers here tomorrow or any predictions or preregistration numbers you here....it’s all we got this “season”

Marist cleaning house - big numbers on boys from them.
I heard the same....over 600 between and gals. Heard Rita is very low again. MC is probably going to be in the 210-220 range.

I heard the same....over 600 between and gals. Heard Rita is very low again. MC is probably going to be in the 210-220 range.

Last night on AM 560 they were running ads for the school and promoting testing day, I’ve never heard them do that before.

Seriously, a 6 hours before test time and this crap is pulled again. Habits are hard to break

If these prognostications are correct, pull right over to 77th and Western and don’t be just a number. Probably more financial aid available for families in need with the lower numbers.

Reactions: Bowie50 and Gene K.
If these prognostications are correct, pull right over to 77th and Western and don’t be just a number. Probably more financial aid available for families in need with the lower numbers.
Early numbers said Trump was supposed to win Georgia’s and Pennsylvania too, never trust the early numbers! I wish every school got 300 like the old days

Rice - 190
Rita - 141
MC -218
McAuley - 233
DeLaSalle - 317 (boys and girls don't know split)
Marist - 278 boys 314 girls

Reactions: McCaravan
Rice - 190
Rita - 141
MC -218
McAuley - 233
DeLaSalle - 317 (boys and girls don't know split)
Marist - 278 boys 314 girls
All pretty much on course from the last couple year. With Marist huge numbers year after year and De La Salle and I’m sure Laurence uptick in numbers is the all boys school becoming a a thing of the past? 233 for the Mighty Macs seems Mighty low

We are normally on the third page of this thread by now....man I hate 2020

For comparative I would add 20 to 30 to Rita Rice and MC for public school kids that would test but have no capacity to go to a private school. I think these numbers are most likely more realistic to their opening day numbers.

I would have assumed numbers would be up with more parents wanting a backup plan if public isn't back in person learning.

As long as Rita is getting the athletes, low test numbers are great for athletics. School health is a different issue.

Any north side news?

Pats?
ND?
DePaul?
Res?
Regina?
Loyola?

I know DePaul offered three test dates.

Since this is a football board who did the best on the FB front?

MC probably got 6 of the top 10 FB kids from the southside. Marist Rice and Rita got the scraps

Reactions: Blue Ruin
MC probably got 6 of the top 10 FB kids from the southside. Marist Rice and Rita got the scraps
We got 7, we left you each one! 😀. Honestly though I have no idea since there wasn’t any football played on the Southside. I know some kids went to play in Indiana this year, heard MC got a QB from Orland that’s supposed to be really good, outside of that I have no clue.

I don’t understand how if MC outtests BR ever year how are they still 7A & BR is 8A every year?

I don’t understand how if MC outtests BR ever year how are they still 7A & BR is 8A every year?
Testing numbers are just that, testing numbers, not actual enrollment. Rice may retain more of their testers since most live very close to the school, while some MC testers decide they either don’t want or can’t make the trip daily. Rice is also more likely to get some of the kids Marist rejects from the area. The only number that matters is the one in August on who shows up.

Right now I think Rice has about 40 more students then MC so maybe they will be in 7A next year.

Reactions: go_rice
I heard yesterday that DePaul Prep had 700 test takers. With new facilities there could be a new big kid on the block up North

I heard yesterday that DePaul Prep had 700 test takers. With new facilities there could be a new big kid on the block up North
I didn’t think they had 700 in the whole school....New campus and a good hoops but 700? Wow

Testing numbers are just that, testing numbers, not actual enrollment. Rice may retain more of their testers since most live very close to the school, while some MC testers decide they either don’t want or can’t make the trip daily. Rice is also more likely to get some of the kids Marist rejects from the area. The only number that matters is the one in August on who shows up. Right now I think Rice has about 40 more students then MC so maybe they will be in 7A next year.
With single sex schools that 40 gets doubled to 80. And for years that 80 would be multiplied by 1.65. So 40 became 132 for IHSA enrollment purposes when you count heads that actually show up with checks the first day.

Last edited:
Don't have exact numbers (yet) but heard that ND exceeded their goal. Suffice to say that ND will continue to be the largest all boys school in the state.

Reactions: eireog and Gene K.
don't have numbers but heard loyola was up significantly, Notre Dame up a bit and Iggys was slightly below target.

Revised Marist numbers - they were actually down 92 from last year - the Boys were 251 and 269 girls

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT