ADVERTISEMENT

Althoff @ Rochester

Wassup13

Nov 9, 2002
To me this is the best game of the week.

It's like seeing a state championship game in week two. They met last year in round two and it was a close very high scoring game.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Last year's Post Dispatch article:

Althoff knocked Rochest QB Nic Baker down all game as it sacked him 12 times.

Unofficially, Althoff was hit for 21 penalties for 182 yards, most of which came in the third and fourth quarter. The last drive of the third quarter completely fell apart after the Crusaders were hit with three holding penalties over the course of seven plays. The high-octane offense that had given Althoff that third-quarter cushion was neutered as yellow flags littered the field.

To me this is the best game of the week.

It's like seeing a state championship game in week two. They met last year in round two and it was a close very high scoring game.

This won't be a state title like game. Althoff is way down. Rochester/Highland will be the south best game. Rochester wins by 30+ this year.

Despite Dc68 stating that 4A is decided (just like he preordained Phillips last year - and Hinterland's silly blustering - I think Althoff keeps this game competitive - maybe even wins.

There will be fools on here who discount physical size - I personally believe that bigger/stronger men have an advantage in the game of football - and Rochester has not faced a downhill team like Althoff this season.

Here are some numbers:
LT: 6/5 – 295
LG: 6/4 – 285
C: 5/10 – 218
RG: 6/3 – 230
RT: 6/8 – 340

Oline Average: 6/3 - 273.6

When those big boys lean on ya for a few hours, it it effective. If Althoff throws 10 times in the game, it will be five times too many, in my opinion.

Reactions: Tez711
Despite Dc68 stating that 4A is decided (just like he preordained Phillips last year - and Hinterland's silly blustering - I think Althoff keeps this game competitive - maybe even wins.

There will be fools on here who discount physical size - I personally believe that bigger/stronger men have an advantage in the game of football - and Rochester has not faced a downhill team like Althoff this season.

Here are some numbers:

When those big boys lean on ya for a few hours, it it effective. If Althoff throws 10 times in the game, it will be five times too many, in my opinion.

So, telling people like it is is blustering now? OK.

Here are some numbers:

The line is big and imposing I agree. I would run all day and keep the ball away from the Rochester offense. Stay away from the false start and holding penalties that will like happen right at crucial 3rd down instances, etc.

Stay away from the false start and holding penalties that will like happen right at crucial 3rd down instances, etc.
I will say the false starts are minimal this year, but there have been some holding calls - just not near the rate of last year when every lineman was on his own island pass blocking. A three second drive block in the trenches lessens the number of calls made, for certain.

Not that DL and Staff can't decipher offenses in their sleep, I just don;t know which game tape represents the offence Althoff will run next week. New starter - the 6/2-200 running QB - completely changed the Crusader offence. They even run some full-house sets now.

Less Althoff skill than last year + game at Rochester = Rochester win.

If you couldn't get a call at your place, good luck up there. Grind out on the ground is a good strategy for sure, but it's nice to have some home run hitters to offset any inefficiencies.

Hope is a close game though.

I agree they got jobbed on a few calls. DL intimidates/works/whatever you want to call it, his sideline official to where he got several late calls to go his way.

Was the Althoff coach a mute? I assume he has a mouth, tongue, lips, voice box, etc. He has a right to lobby the officials for calls also. Apparently, he didn't know that! Don't try to lay the Crusader coach's shortcomings off on Derek Leonard. It is unbecoming!

As far as this year's game is concerned, what I have stated about Highland goes for Althoff as well: they will do good to get within 20 points of Rochester. Not braggin', just fact!

Was the Althoff coach a mute? I assume he has a mouth, tongue, lips, voice box, etc. He has a right to lobby the officials for calls also. Apparently, he didn't know that! Don't try to lay the Crusader coach's shortcomings off on Derek Leonard. It is unbecoming!

As far as this year's game is concerned, what I have stated about Highland goes for Althoff as well: they will do good to get within 20 points of Rochester. Not braggin', just fact!

I'm done talking about the Highland game. Since it will be played we will see who is right.

...but it's nice to have some home run hitters to offset any inefficiencies.
Althoff has a couple players who could break big ones, but Justin Strong is truly elite. He will be the best player on the field at all times. Whether an interception, a return, run or reception - if he touches the ball, it's an average of 20 yards.

Also consider how many 50+ yard scores ACHS has this season - a couple dozen at least.

Homerun hitters remain,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT