ADVERTISEMENT

6A is very interesting

Are we sold on Libertyville?
Am an Lville fan admittedly, they have definitely look really good, but the conference is very weak this year so it’s going to be hard to know for sure until playoff time. Lake forest lost to Stevenson last night who Libertyville has already clobbered and Warren had some trouble with Mundelein last night so it seems extremely likely that they finish 9-0 without any real tests

I follow LF and NSC and I expect Libertyville to be 9-0...if LF or Warren get it together, maybe they can give em a game but I don't see either winning. Both beat Libertyville last year but this is a more explosive, experienced Wildcats squad.

Reactions: Alexander32
This is why 6A needs to be seeded 1-32!

The plethora of really good teams are up north knocking each other out early before the final battle with ESL.

With 1-32, there'd be a possibility of a semi-final involving Geneva, ESL, CG, Libertyville or Fenwick.
The south has Kankakee, Richard’s, Quincy, Chatham, etc. I’m for 1-32 but I’m not willing to say that most of the better teams are north just yet.

The south has Kankakee, Richard’s, Quincy, Chatham, etc. I’m for 1-32 but I’m not willing to say that most of the better teams are north just yet.

Libertyville went down to Richards and beat em 48-15. Up north has my vote.

I'm not here to disparage Richards or their conference but when Libertyville beat them by 20 last year it was very telling because Libertyville was only 5-5 last year and finished fifth in the North Suburban Conference. People can say the NSC is down lately but compared to some other leagues it stacks up pretty well.

This is why 6A needs to be seeded 1-32!

The plethora of really good teams are up north knocking each other out early before the final battle with ESL.

With 1-32, there'd be a possibility of a semi-final involving Geneva, ESL, CG, Libertyville or Fenwick.
Libertyville played esl in the 2nd rd i believe a few years ago.

Libertyville went down to Richards and beat em 48-15. Up north has my vote.

I'm not here to disparage Richards or their conference but when Libertyville beat them by 20 last year it was very telling because Libertyville was only 5-5 last year and finished fifth in the North Suburban Conference. People can say the NSC is down lately but compared to some other leagues it stacks up pretty well.
Kankakee, chatham, and lemont have been as good as anyone not named CG from up north. Crete and richards have also been top 5 in 6a and been paired in the southern bracket.

Am an Lville fan admittedly, they have definitely look really good, but the conference is very weak this year so it’s going to be hard to know for sure until playoff time. Lake forest lost to Stevenson last night who Libertyville has already clobbered and Warren had some trouble with Mundelein last night so it seems extremely likely that they finish 9-0 without any real tests
Warren (Six flags) is not dead just yet. Libertyville vs Warren will be interesting. Bad weather is coming. Look at warren schedule and how many road games they have this year. Teams still have to deal with Warren run game. Stewart may be the best RB in 8A. I agree Warren may down a little this year but their demise may be a little overated.
🎢

Warren (Six flags) is not dead just yet. Libertyville vs Warren will be interesting. Bad weather is coming. Look at warren schedule and how many road games they have this year. Teams still have to deal with Warren run game. Stewart may be the best RB in 8A. I agree Warren may down a little this year but their demise may be a little overated.
🎢
Warren is in trouble. They struggled mightily with Mundelein. I think it's time we have an intervention Micah...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT