ADVERTISEMENT

5-4 Flyers

FLYERS 5-4? Can't wait to see the lucky 9-0 that draws them round one 😂
matching a 5-4 team vs. a 9-0 team in the first round and having the 5-4 team the favorite is old news.
We just did that last year with 4-5 Nazareth Academy taking out 9-0 Prairie Ridge in the first round and then beating a 9-1 team via running clock in the Round of 32.
Seedings are meaningless. I cringe every time I read about how a team can use a forfeit win for playoff points. The only time it matters is if a team is in the 4-5 range record-wise and needs playoff points to get into the postseason. Otherwise, seedings are a crap shoot. Last year in 6A, a three seed (out of 16 teams in the north) and a four seed (out of 16 teams in the south) played for the state title.
This coming season in 8A, it's possible that Loyola could be a 7-2 team come tourney time. Last year, in a 1-32 seeding, the best-ranked 7-2 8A team was seeded 10th.
Loyola seeded 10th in 8A?
The less offered up about "seeding" the better.

matching a 5-4 team vs. a 9-0 team in the first round and having the 5-4 team the favorite is old news.
We just did that last year with 4-5 Nazareth Academy taking out 9-0 Prairie Ridge in the first round and then beating a 9-1 team via running clock in the Round of 32.
Seedings are meaningless. I cringe every time I read about how a team can use a forfeit win for playoff points. The only time it matters is if a team is in the 4-5 range record-wise and needs playoff points to get into the postseason. Otherwise, seedings are a crap shoot. Last year in 6A, a three seed (out of 16 teams in the north) and a four seed (out of 16 teams in the south) played for the state title.
This coming season in 8A, it's possible that Loyola could be a 7-2 team come tourney time. Last year, in a 1-32 seeding, the best-ranked 7-2 8A team was seeded 10th.

No crap, dude. Saying obvious stuff isn’t the intelligent statement you think it is. Point is until IHSA adopts a more complicated playoff seeding system (check out joeeitel.com if you want to see the mess Ohio has to sift through) you’re going to have 5-4 teams knocking off paper tigers every year.

Problem with that method is before Ohio expanded they did have the occasional 10-0 team miss the playoffs entirely.

Reactions: k1867
No kidding??? Pretty clear and obvious post there, bruh. Way to come thru in the clutch 👌

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT