ADVERTISEMENT

4A round one preview?

I’ll sum it up for him:

JCA 175
The combined al-star teams of the other 31 teams 3

I’ll sum it up for him:

JCA 175
The combined al-star teams of the other 31 teams 3
Once again, thanks for your insightful input. And I would say that ESL is a bigger favorite in 6A, and he provided a preview.

Reactions: rjjtwest
Once again, thanks for your insightful input. And I would say that ESL is a bigger favorite in 6A, and he provided a preview.
I would agree, I would crown ESTL in 6A before i would JCA in 4A. A stout run defense can stop JCA.

@EdgyTim, I see you have posted previews for round one for class 5-8A. Are you going to do a 4A preview?
Working on it but in all honesty getting the information for the 4a and below class is difficult.....another reason why doing what I do for all 8 classes is the reason why I've always covered 8A thru 5A for all these years. If I had a staff of say 5 then maybe...but it won't be in the same format

I think JCA is the obvious choice but do not look past Richmond Burton, SHG and Rochester. The Leonards are Hall of Famers and RB has been one the best teams in the state in the last 4 years

I think JCA is the obvious choice but do not look past Richmond Burton, SHG and Rochester. The Leonards are Hall of Famers and RB has been one the best teams in the state in the last 4 years
I think you have to add Phillips to the list, they seem to be getting stronger as the season has went on. And of course Cahokia can make a long run if they can get by Rochester in the first round.

I think you have to add Phillips to the list, they seem to be getting stronger as the season has went on. And of course Cahokia can make a long run if they can get by Rochester in the first round.
Phillips is getting stronger because of their schedule. They haven't played a team who is any good since the MC game. When they played teams which I would say are similar to JCA in talent (Batavia and MC), they lost by a combined score of 75-6. JCA and Phillips share one common opponent, Simeon. JCA beat Simeon 55-6, Phillips beat them 14-12. I would not add Phillips to that list.

Phillips is getting stronger because of their schedule. They haven't played a team who is any good since the MC game. When they played teams which I would say are similar to JCA in talent (Batavia and MC), they lost by a combined score of 75-6. JCA and Phillips share one common opponent, Simeon. JCA beat Simeon 55-6, Phillips beat them 14-12. I would not add Phillips to that list.
I agree with what you say here but they are playing 4A, not MTC or Simeon level.

But you stated that they should be added to the list of teams that could beat JCA. While I agree they may win a few games in 4A playoffs, they will not beat JCA.
I'm not sure anyone beats JCA but in the past Phillips has proven stout vs the run and that is JCA specialty so I think they have at least a punchers chance.

I'm not sure anyone beats JCA but in the past Phillips has proven stout vs the run and that is JCA specialty so I think they have at least a punchers chance.
I get your reasoning, but this years' Phillips is nothing like the teams they have had in previous years. I don't think this years Phillips team beats more than one or two teams on JCA's schedule.

Anyone that's paid even a little attention to jca this year knows they have a good enough passing game also!

Anyone that's paid even a little attention to jca this year knows they have a good enough passing game also!
Likely so, simply throwing another team out there that could be a possibility. Kind of like throwing names out for 6A, Only for laughs.

Richmond-Burton has a terrific coach and program. They were beyond impressive in 2019, taking apart some pretty good teams on the way to a title. This year, their close calls against Plano and Johnsburg give me pause.

Reactions: Alexander32
Richmond-Burton has a terrific coach and program. They were beyond impressive in 2019, taking apart some pretty good teams on the way to a title. This year, their close calls against Plano and Johnsburg give me pause.
Agree 100 percent. Could see them winning the whole thing. Could see them losing to SF, JC, Rochester, or SHG by 30 plus. Just can’t get a handle on them. Even the big win against sycamore doesn’t look as good as I thought it would at the start of the year. They did get a good playoff draw though. Should win their first three games by running clock.

Without ever seeing JCA but knowing enough to know they are the prohibitive favorite to win 4A. With that said, as we all know upsets happen in high school sports, and will again this post season as well. I wish SHG had the line that they had back in the spring season. If they did, I would say they have a shot at beating JCA. But, that team all graduated, and while this fall's team has some outstanding wideouts and a very surprising and incredibly good qb, I don't believe they have the up front defense to stop the running game of JCA. I think SHG's only chance of beating them would be a score fest type of game similar to the game JCA had with Riverside Brookfield many years back. (with Tim Brasic) the qb for R-B, for those that might remember that game. As for Rochester having trouble with Cahokia, I don't think so. That game will be over by halftime or early third quarter. Rochester is well prepared for them , (as always) no matter who they are playing, and Rochester has an incredibly special player in Beatty. The only team that has a chance to take Rochester down in the south bracket is SHG, and they will have to play a nearly perfect, flawless game in order to do it. My two cents, for what it's worth.....

I thought the same thing but then they dismantled Sycamore and made me a believer again.

Believe quite a few starters didn’t play in those 2 games

Reactions: doctor_d
Without ever seeing JCA but knowing enough to know they are the prohibitive favorite to win 4A. With that said, as we all know upsets happen in high school sports, and will again this post season as well. I wish SHG had the line that they had back in the spring season. If they did, I would say they have a shot at beating JCA. But, that team all graduated, and while this fall's team has some outstanding wideouts and a very surprising and incredibly good qb, I don't believe they have the up front defense to stop the running game of JCA. I think SHG's only chance of beating them would be a score fest type of game similar to the game JCA had with Riverside Brookfield many years back. (with Tim Brasic) the qb for R-B, for those that might remember that game. As for Rochester having trouble with Cahokia, I don't think so. That game will be over by halftime or early third quarter. Rochester is well prepared for them , (as always) no matter who they are playing, and Rochester has an incredibly special player in Beatty. The only team that has a chance to take Rochester down in the south bracket is SHG, and they will have to play a nearly perfect, flawless game in order to do it. My two cents, for what it's worth.....
I agree, SHG needs to get JCA in a shootout to have a shot. In 2011, JCA rushed for over 600 yards and scored 45 points........... but lost to Montini 70-45. That being said, I still picked JCA to beat SHG in the 4A final. It just seems to be their year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT