ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Fall Conference Talk: CCL/ESCC Blue

DeanOfSelection said:
*hearing BR got a huge addition from the transfer portal to making that game even more difficult as well as Badke's last game vs MC

Classic. Let me guess another senior from a public coming in for a 1-year scholarship program? Badke with one more scam up his sleeve to solidify his legacy?
Nope

Hard to understand you Catholic guys. One minute you ready to tear into each other the next minute your ready to hug and kiss!
Love it ❤️
You started it you damn Public! LOL. My initial post could have easily been misinterpreted so I understand his response. The good book teaches us to forgive.....I think.....; )

DeanOfSelection said:
*hearing BR got a huge addition from the transfer portal to making that game even more difficult as well as Badke's last game vs MC

Classic. Let me guess another senior from a public coming in for a 1-year scholarship program? Badke with one more scam up his sleeve to solidify his legacy?
Not coming up from Public but it's a game changer that will get get some birds chirping if it gets approved and goes through. I'll say this, they won't be missing Willie Shaw as much.

Not coming up from Public but it's a game changer that will get get some birds chirping if it gets approved and goes through. I'll say this, they won't be missing Willie Shaw as much.
Let the birds chirp.
Rogers from BR, OL from Providence, and Wr Miller from Marist were all standout 22 transfers for MC.
Warren got multiple 22 athletes to boast their program.

If a kid who was on the verge of going to BR as an 8th graders wants to play for a title contender, give him a shot.
Transfers, as we've seen, aren't always successful.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Let the birds chirp.
Rogers from BR, OL from Providence, and Wr Miller from Marist were all standout 22 transfers for MC.
Warren got multiple 22 athletes to boast their program.

If a kid who was on the verge of going to BR as an 8th graders wants to play for a title contender, give him a shot.
Transfers, as we've seen, aren't always successful.
I know MC had their share of transfer in from the Class of 22 and not knocking BR for getting this guy, Frazier and Boyer. It's just something everyone needs to get used to that it's much easier of a process then it used to be. I'm not moving or coming up with any elaborate lie to get my kid at a new school, but it happens. Days of sitting out a year are gone if you work the system and it's easy to work. And MC has felt the sting of kids leaving....3 to IMG....numerous others to various school....hell we were Phillips farm system for awhile.

Last edited:
I'm know MC had their share of transfer in from the Class of 22 and not knocking BR from getting this guy, Frazier and Boyer. It's just something everyone needs to get used to that it's much easier of a process then it used to be. I'm not moving or coming up with any elaborate lie to get my kid at a new school, but it happens. Days of sitting out a year are gone if you work the system and it's easy to work. And MC has felt the sting of kids leaving....3 to IMG....numerous others to various school....hell we were Phillips farm system for awhile.

Correct, given the current setup, transfers aren't going to stop.
Clayton, who would have been a 22 standout for BR, was also lost to Philips.
I'm hoping the kids get a full 8-10 weeks of coaching from BR S&C before August to develop some team cohesion.

Reactions: McCaravan
I'm know MC had their share of transfer in from the Class of 22 and not knocking BR for getting this guy, Frazier and Boyer. It's just something everyone needs to get used to that it's much easier of a process then it used to be. I'm not moving or coming up with any elaborate lie to get my kid at a new school, but it happens. Days of sitting out a year are gone if you work the system and it's easy to work. And MC has felt the sting of kids leaving....3 to IMG....numerous others to various school....hell we were Phillips farm system for awhile.
Does Rita getting any of these transfers? Never really hear about anything about it so I am assuming that she doesn't.

Does Rita getting any of these transfers? Never really hear about anything about it so I am assuming that she doesn't.
That I can’t tell you. I have a lot of family dug in at BR so I get reliable info from them. I’m sure SR has got transfers.....Tommy Mister was a senior year transfer...years ago now I know

If MC's last full season in 2019 is any indication then I think MC will do just fine. The Freshman were 9-0. Their closest game was to Loyola by 5 points. They beat St. Rita as well 28-7. All I heard that season is that this Freshman group were better than the current junior class that were still undefeated. In 2019 the Sophomores were 7-1-1. Lost to Loyola and tied Marist. Very similar situation as the 2019 State championship team.

Reactions: MC2023
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT