ADVERTISEMENT

2017 NFL Draft: Players who could get drafted from Illinois?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Below are some names I've stumbled across...please feel free to add any others I might be missing

DT Josh Augusta Peoria/Missouri
WR Corey Davis Wheaton South/WMU
OG Dan Feeney Sandburg/Indiana
DT Ryan Glasgow Marmion Academy/Michigan
WR Kenny Golladay St. Rita/North Dakota/NIU
RB Brian Hill Belleville West/Wyoming
OC Ethan Pocic Lemont/LSU
WR Robert Tonyan McHenry/Indiana State
WR Jordan Westerkamp Montini Catholic/Nebraska
WR Lance Lenior Crete-Monee/WIU
DL Jaleel Johnson Montini Catholic/Iowa
WR Dan Williams East St. Louis/Jackson State
DB Maurice Fleming Curie/Iowa/West Virginia
LB Joseph Jones Plano/Northwestern
LB Chase Allen Belleville East/SIU
DE Pat O'Connor St. Rita/Eastern Michigan
OG Cameron Lee Oakwood/Illinois State

Below are some names I've stumbled across...please feel free to add any others I might be missing

DT Josh Augusta Peoria/Missouri
WR Corey Davis Wheaton South/WMU
OG Dan Feeney Sandburg/Indiana
DT Ryan Glasgow Marmion Academy/Michigan
WR Kenny Golladay St. Rita/North Dakota/NIU
RB Brian Hill Belleville West/Wyoming
OC Ethan Pocic Lemont/LSU
TE Robert Tonyan McHenry/Indiana State
WR Jordan Westerkamp Montini Catholic/Nebraska
DL Jaleel Johnson Montini Catholic/Iowa

Adoree Jackson -USC Trojans - Belleville (yes I count him)
Joseph Jones - Northwestern - Plano (had a superb pro day)

Reactions: crusader_of_90
All.... Fwiw Former Rochester QB Wes Lunt (Uof I) reached an undrafted free-agent agreement with the Minnesota Vikings. Lunt said "he was contacted by the Minnesota Vikings and several other teams as the final rounds of the NFL draft were taking place Saturday."

He will get a shot.... Ratsy

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Jordan Westerkamp's knee injury must be worse than originally thought. He is the perfect "possession" type receiver that is currently thriving in the NFL. The latest news is that he has not been offered any contracts yet from any team. There was a buzz that the Patriots were interested but that ended up being merely a rumor. That kid has the heart of a Lion and I really hope that he gets a chance over the next few weeks.

Reactions: Gene K.
OC and Gollady (St. Rita) both to Detroit

Two players from the same high school team being drafted by the same NFL team is unusual.
Pat O'Connor St. Rita/EMU and Kenny Gollady St. Rita/NIU join the list of other St. Rita player to make NFL rooster that include All Pro Dennis Lick from the Chicago Bears. Others include Mike Kafka, Darius Fleming, Matt Conrath, Bruce Gaston, Ryan Donahue, Ahmad Merritt, and Tony Simmons.

I know I may be missing someone. If anyone can remember other St. Rita players to make an NFL rooster please update my list.

Last edited:
Aurora Christian alumnus, Joel Bouagnon, RB from Northern Illinois University is an undrafted free agent to the Chicago Bears.

Good luck Joel. I hope he makes the team!

Reactions: epicbret
Two players from the same high school team being drafted by the same NFL team is unusual.
Pat O'Connor St. Rita/EMU and Kenny Gollady St. Rita/NIU join the list of other St. Rita player to make NFL rooster that include All Pro Dennis Lick from the Chicago Bears. Others include Mike Kafka, Darius Fleming, Matt Conrath, Bruce Gaston, Ryan Donahue, Ahmad Merritt, and Tracy Simmons.

I know I may be missing someone. If anyone can remember other St. Rita players to make an NFL rooster please update my list.
Tony Simmons WR SR/WIS/NE not Tracy but solid list TL

Crete Monee High Schools Lance Lenoir UFA with Chicago Bears. Should leave with a contract.

Jordan Westerkamp's knee injury must be worse than originally thought. He is the perfect "possession" type receiver that is currently thriving in the NFL. The latest news is that he has not been offered any contracts yet from any team. There was a buzz that the Patriots were interested but that ended up being merely a rumor. That kid has the heart of a Lion and I really hope that he gets a chance over the next few weeks.
Tampa Bay giving him a try-out.

I feel like he was out of position at DT at ILL
Who knows what was going on there with that clown Cubit. However, I liked him on D. I did see him at the gym last week and it looked like he slimmed down some. Wonder if it means anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT