ADVERTISEMENT

1A Final - Camp Point Central vs Lena-Winslow

If only the IHSA could figure out how to get the score, clock, down and distance on the screen, but I guess that's too much to ask.

Reactions: 89morrisgrad
Camp Point Central 7, Lena-Winslow 0 half

Both defenses playing well. Neither team having success with running stretch plays as pursuit has been terrific.

Passing game for CPC has two drops, but you can see they don't throw often.

CPC onside kick was puzzling. Their defense has been playing great. Pin em deep, flip the field, instead Lena got it at the 50.

#12 for CPC has some size. I'd toss some jump balls up to him out wide.

Halfback pass into triple coverage was something 😬

Ok game so far.

End of 3rd

CPC 7, Lena 0

#33 for CPC is a load. They're running him a ton now.

Odd way to end that game by LW. 3min left and down by 2 scores and there was zero urgency in the play calling. Still taking 10-15 seconds in the huddle.

Reactions: FB1976 and rjjtwest
Odd way to end that game by LW. 3min left and down by 2 scores and there was zero urgency in the play calling. Still taking 10-15 seconds in the huddle.
They knew it was over at that point. They don't have a hurry up offense and have thrown 9 passes all season.

Reactions: rjjtwest
This game should be a wake up call to the teams that were annointed Champs before the season started. Nothing is guaranteed.
Well their track record has earned them that right. They hadn’t lost a game in almost 3 years and dominated CPC last year. So yah, anointed yes but well earned

THis game also demonstrates that size is overrated. LW had 40 pounds on man on them, but give me quickness and mental toughness. Gotta love the way GPP plays the game.

They knew it was over at that point. They don't have a hurry up offense and have thrown 9 passes all season.
I get it. They have been hugely successful doing what they do. But you have to atleast prepare for the possibility that you may trail late or need a quick score.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
I get it. They have been hugely successful doing what they do. But you have to atleast prepare for the possibility that you may trail late or need a quick score.
Tough to prepare for when you haven't had to worry about it for 3 years.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
I mean, what do these teams do all week in practice? These wingT teams have about about 10 plays in their playbook and they play other wingT programs.

You’d think they’d practice a few pass plays and an uptempo offense.
Maybe they practice to perfect the wint T so they can win 3 straight titles and 32 games in a row.

It's tough to be that successful when everyone in the stadium knows what you're gonna do.

Maybe they practice to perfect the wint T so they can win 3 straight titles and 32 games in a row.

It's tough to be that successful when everyone in the stadium knows what you're gonna do.
And that’s why they lost today.

Reactions: jha618
Well, maybe this will be L-W's wake-up call. The need to be progressive is here. Attend some coaching clinics and evolve. The spread is proliferating thru all levels of football now...you'll even see it in JFL.

Reactions: corey90
Well, maybe this will be L-W's wake-up call. The need to be progressive is here. Attend some coaching clinics and evolve. The spread is proliferating thru all levels of football now...you'll even see it in JFL.
Lol. They've been running the same offense for decades. They lose one game in 3 years and they need to scrap it all and start over?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT