ADVERTISEMENT

1a-8a who wins the titles down in Champaign?

Leggo24

Oct 6, 2018
Who wins each class? Who are the teams with 1+ loss that you think can make some serious noise in class 6/7/8a

Wasn’t this topic already on the thread titled

2 weeks out , what team is the biggest favorite to win its class?

I'm going to go on a limb here, but that Lincoln Way East team may win 8A

What topic would you like to discuss?

I think any topic is fine on HS Football, saying there is already a thread from last week is silly, seeing how all the threads are similar in scope and redundancy

There is always one major surprise Thanksgiving weekend. Have to see the brackets Sat night.

I think any topic is fine on HS Football, saying there is already a thread from last week is silly, seeing how all the threads are similar in scope and redundancy
I agree on any thread is a good thread. I was just letting the gentleman know that there was a similar thread in case he missed it.

Wasn’t this topic already on the thread titled

2 weeks out , what team is the biggest favorite to win its class?
Actually, I’m going to say no.
You appear to be the only person on the old tread that interpreted the question as asking what team was going to win each class.
Seems to me that most, if not all, others took the question to mean which single team was the most prohibitive favorite to win a class.

Reactions: tmjgrady
Batavia 7A repeat.?. A playoff experienced program coming off a State Championship. But again, they're west of 59, have ugly uni's, not from Naperville and are not Parochial..

Last edited:
Reactions: Cat Box
AC
Hope
B Mac
IC
MCHS
CG
???
LWE

I think this is very likely and I would add BATAVIA as the 7A champ in a repeat.

Would be stunning if private schools won Class 1A thru 5A. Unlikely that’s ever happened before.

I think this is very likely and I would add BATAVIA as the 7A champ in a repeat.

Would be stunning if private schools won Class 1A thru 5A. Unlikely that’s ever happened before.
Stirring the pot in my own way

Reactions: Tain33
Batavia 7A repeat.?. A playoff experienced program coming off a State Championship. But again, they're west of 59, have ugly uni's, not from Naperville and are not Parochial..
Personally I do not see Batavia slowing down Naz or ESL. 7A will be a blood bath. Very excited to see how the cards fall.

Reactions: Gene K. and Cat Box
It's funny how some can can lock down every class winner but 7A, but know who's not going to win it..

I tell you what though, whoever wins 7A will be one bad ass high school football team..

It's funny how some can can lock down every class winner but 7A, but know who's not going to win it..

I tell you what though, whoever wins 7A will be one bad ass high school football team..

More bad ass than LincolnWayBeast? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: Gene K.
Didn't say that.. I'm stuck way out here in IA, you know, west of 59 and have only seen Dukane games so I would never imply that.. LWE is having one hell of a run I'll give them that..

Didn't say that.. I'm stuck way out here in IA, you know, west of 59 and have only seen Dukane games so I would never imply that.. LWE is having one hell of a run I'll give them that..

No worries I live west of 59 also so i am in the boon docks as well - I was just stirrin the pot a little while I had some free time this mornin. We need to find a hero or villain (depending on which side of the coin your on) for LWE this year to spice things up.

Reactions: Gene K. and Tain33
No worries I live west of 59 also so i am in the boon docks as well - I was just stirrin the pot a little while I had some free time this mornin. We need to find a hero or villain (depending on which side of the coin your on) for LWE this year to spice things up.
How voodoo of you Voodoo..

I do think the 7A champ could play w/the 8A champ, maybe not win, definitely wouldn't be embarrassed..

Let me research 8A

I think there are at least 5 teams in 6A that could compete against LWE. Maybe not win, but compete.

Reactions: Tain33
I have been told the athletes are just as good at 6A. No difference. For openers H.L. Richards. LWE has never beaten the Bulldogs.

Never played them. Have played Richards, St. Rita, Conant, Mount Carmel having never beaten those 4.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT