ADVERTISEMENT

“it's more about us“ - Highland on Rochester

How is their defense? Only gave up 14 points at half but allowed quite a bit of offense in the 2nd half. Did they pull starters?

No - it sounds like the coaches were content the stand and throw haymakers for the last 24 minutes. Maybe the kids backed off a bit or played a little deeper, but with that cushion and basketball-type tempo, scores pile up.

Highland helped herscher out by extending drives with stupid penalties. They would have them in a 3 and long or 4 and long and either get a penalized or the Herscher QB would make something happen. Scrambling and launching one to the 6'9 kid. Or scrambling 20 yards behind LOS and dumping to the RB and him making some nice moves.

Highlands offense is amazing, they are so athletic and long.. but we scored 47 points after taking the 1Q off and I am sure Leonards eyes are lighting up after seeing that..

Yep, seems like a shootout for sure. Evidence would seem to point toward neither team being able to stop the other.
First one to flinch loses, I guess.

Highland offense was very good. Laporta is a great player along with Marti and Feldman. Penalties and a couple dropped passes bit the Tigers early but the offense got rolling. Highland defense is very suspect. Herscher put up over 600 yards of offense. Rochester will throw all over Highland but with the offense Highland has, they have a chance to keep pace. Should be a very exciting game to watch. Good luck to both teams.

Reactions: Tez711
Highland offense was very good. Laporta is a great player along with Marti and Feldman. Penalties and a couple dropped passes bit the Tigers early but the offense got rolling. Highland defense is very suspect. Herscher put up over 600 yards of offense. Rochester will throw all over Highland but with the offense Highland has, they have a chance to keep pace. Should be a very exciting game to watch. Good luck to both teams.

I thought Dorsey did a nice job with LaPorta, was their other receivers that were better than advertised that did the damage.. about as good of skills kids as you will ever see in a 4A game... they had too much depth for us, but that's to be expected when we have 540 kids and they have 925.. been a great 3 year run with the seniors, next year will be a whole new look..

I thought Dorsey did a nice job with LaPorta, was their other receivers that were better than advertised that did the damage.. about as good of skills kids as you will ever see in a 4A game... they had too much depth for us, but that's to be expected when we have 540 kids and they have 925.. been a great 3 year run with the seniors, next year will be a whole new look..
Is it impossible for you to be truthful ever? Official enrollment for Hersher is 569 and Highland's is 901. Sure, it's a small "fudge factor," but Jeeze ... for you to bring up enrollment sizes of two public schools when private schools are multiplied 1.65, that's rich.

Wish it wasn't so far away for me, I'd love to attend that one.

Is it impossible for you to be truthful ever? Official enrollment for Hersher is 569 and Highland's is 901. Sure, it's a small "fudge factor," but Jeeze ... for you to bring up enrollment sizes of two public schools when private schools are multiplied 1.65, that's rich.

Not a fudge factor at all, this year we have 539 kids in the building.. Highland AD told us they have about 925.. point being, in small school ball that's a huge enrollment difference..

What is Stuart doing for college? He was a heck of a receiver.

If we don't drop two balls in 1Q with receiver wide open, that's maybe a different game..

But they couldn't stop us either.. not saying we win, but would of made it interesting..
You punted 4 or 5 times in the first half. I think Highland punted once. I understand the penalties and all but it's hard to keep the defensive intensity when up 35-0.

You punted 4 or 5 times in the first half. I think Highland punted once. I understand the penalties and all but it's hard to keep the defensive intensity when up 35-0.

We punted 3 times and turned it over on downs once.. dropped balls and penalties... all in the first 14:00 of the game..

HHS,

Your team lost in the division the "bus drops off" stop trying to make excuses. Season complete and a good one by those boys. Don't tarnish it with your normal BS.

I wasn't the one that brought it up, guy from Peotone did... nice try though, typical BS from you

Highland had you stopped multiple times in second half but extended drives with dumb personal fouls and allowing QB to scramble 10-20 yards behind the LOS and complete a crazy pass.

Highland had you stopped multiple times in second half but extended drives with dumb personal fouls and allowing QB to scramble 10-20 yards behind the LOS and complete a crazy pass.

He has done that all year, extending plays with his athleticism, was fun to watch..

But we couldn't afford to make the mental mistakes we did the 1Q against a team that good and we did..

HHS,

Your team lost in the division the "bus drops off" stop trying to make excuses. Season complete and a good one by those boys. Don't tarnish it with your normal BS.

At least it wasn’t Phillips this year. If it was - I think HHS’s Head would spin around like the Exorcist with green bile shooting in every direction.

I think that fate is now reserved for a couple of Sterling posters for this year.

Reactions: jwarigaku
The fact hhs continues to believe one bad Q is the reason for the loss is funny enough to me. It's been mentioned a few times now, but, whatever makes him happy up on his soapbox.

The fact hhs continues to believe one bad Q is the reason for the loss is funny enough to me. It's been mentioned a few times now, but, whatever makes him happy up on his soapbox.

Stick to Westmont football, that's your speed...

And clearly you can not read what I said, not my fault...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT