ADVERTISEMENT

Wilmo 20 Seneca 14 OT FINAL

Goal line stand for Wilmo in OT to keep Seneca out of the end zone at the 1. Wilmo just needs a FG to win.

sENECA STOPPED ON THEIR ot ATTEMP, wILMO NEXT

Edit: Dang Cap Locks!

Last edited:
Let me guess..... Seneca had their chances but the original starting QB with all the great fakes played RB?

Meanwhile, Morris is getting destroyed by the Hilltoppers and there's no Dergo to save them!

Reactions: rjjtwest
Closed both halves with FG's
Wilmo stopped Seneca at the goal line late 4th Q and in OT.
Just a hell of a game.
Too bad one of these teams had to lose.

Reactions: CaravanMan
Phenomenal game by both teams. Wilmington kicker made up for the missed PAT after their first TD with 2 huge field goals. A great ground and pound and one of the more physical games I have seen in recent memory.

Reactions: McEvergreen
Let me guess..... Seneca had their chances but the original starting QB with all the great fakes played RB?!
He did. I can only assume it was because he wasn’t 100%? Ever since returning he’d been at RB. The other kid runs the offense well, Wilmo just did a better job at assignments outside of a couple big plays.

#1 was wearing a knee brace and was a little hobbled. He broke a 50-ish yard run late in the 4th Q but got caught from behind at the 9. Ended up being a game saving play as the Cats stopped them at the 1 and went on the game tying drive.

Seneca had 1st and goal 3 separate times. One resulted in a blocked FG. One was the scenario I mentioned above, and the last was in OT.

This game was right up there with the greatest in Wilmo playoff history.

Reactions: McEvergreen
I picked Wilmington in OT if QB1 played RB and I'll give you my reason why. I'm guessing QB1 was a senior which means he was the QB on last year's playoff team as well? In a game of this magnitude, when the chips are down, it makes a difference who the voice/leader in the huddle is. First and goal 3 separate times and came away with no points? That's a tough pill for Seneca to swallow and I'm not taking anything away from the Wilmington D. Everybody in the state knows Reents always has a great defense.

Let me ask you this. Did QB2 make any big plays passing that made you go, "oh, that's why he's the guy now?"

On the other hand, if QB1 was so banged up he was playing tight end or say defense only, I would totally get it. But he was playing running back and Seneca is a running team. I think not playing him at QB was a mistake.

Nathan Grant the original QB for Seneca has been playing RB. He has a big knee brace on his leg. He runs hard and down hill but didnt have the explosion and cutting ability prior to the injury. I believe that is probably why he was playing RB instead of QB. Still looked pretty darn good for being banged up.

Reactions: doctor_d
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT