ADVERTISEMENT

Who had Lemont in their bracket?

Is there a Lemont / Nazareth rematch of the 6A Championship game on the horizon at Silver Cross Field?

Reactions: chief1968
I would think Naz v Lemont or Champaign Centennial but not sure. really unfamiliar with 3A in comparison to 4A.

Is there a Lemont / Nazareth rematch of the 6A Championship game on the horizon at Silver Cross Field?
That'd be interesting. I know they have a few but who plays both sports? I wonder about Lemont too.

Nazareth has 6 Baseball players that also played Football. As near as I can tell Lemont has 2.

I would think Naz v Lemont or Champaign Centennial but not sure. really unfamiliar with 3A in comparison to 4A.
I would think Naz would make it out of the supersectional
Nazareth has 6 Baseball players that also played Football. As near as I can tell Lemont has 2.
Lot of baseball left to be played, anything can happen in single elimination. Not sure if Montini and Naz have played yet this season but, but its very hard to beat someone 3 times in a season like Naz would need to do to Benet.

No one is looking past anyone at this point I was just pondering the possibilities of a football / baseball championship rematch. Has there ever been such a rematch? There are alot of good teams left.

Reactions: illini14
No one is looking past anyone at this point I was just pondering the possibilities of a football / baseball championship rematch. Has there ever been such a rematch? There are alot of good teams left.
Would be a pretty cool thing, would have to think that would be a great crowd for the title game with those two schools.

I would think Naz would make it out of the supersectional

Lot of baseball left to be played, anything can happen in single elimination. Not sure if Montini and Naz have played yet this season but, but its very hard to beat someone 3 times in a season like Naz would need to do to Benet.

You're absolutely right about that. Benet has solid pitching and plays good fundamental baseball they play Naz tough and keep it low scoring usually meaning truly anything can happen, each scoring chance is magnified. That will be a very tough game for Naz. Powers will be throwing for Benet and pitched really well earlier in year. Not sure about Naz's pitcher yet, I would assume Kelly? He's sure to bounce back from EP game. Plus it's a big rivalry, would be a lot of fun.

My Friars had a great season and greatly outplayed their talent and expectations, a bunch of grinders but lost a heartbreaker today after being up 4-1 in 9th. Lots of Fenwick/Naz kids played little league together.

Reactions: NazDad and illini14
So much for the Nazareth/Lemont rematch.

I was at the JC/Lemont game. In the annals of bad losses, that ranks as one of the worst in JC baseball history. Quite simply, Lemont was not very good. Their pitcher, who went the full 9 innings and threw 126 pitches, had not pitched in 3 weeks.

Was told Illiana will not move for at least 2 years

well a CPL is guaranteed to make the Super with the way they do the brackets. So really only had to win one game and with JC'LWW/Lemont not there

Nazareth v. St. Francis a rematch of 6A Football Semi-Final. 6 Nazareth football players return to take on (I believe) 4 St. Francis players.
Will the previous win help the Roadrunners?
Will the Spartans be out for revenge?
Will the football game have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the outcome? Tune in Friday and find out.

Reactions: chief1968
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT