ADVERTISEMENT

Who Comes Out of This "Segional?"

Wittymoniker1

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
La Grange Park, IL
I'm assuming Iggy, Meteor, Larry, SR, MC, Simeon, WY, OPRF, Friar amd Morton will all be in the same regional/sectional.

At this point, I believe MC has the best chance to win this "segional." Pitching, pitching and more pitching will rule the day.

Rita has a great team and by the end of the year will be even better, but with Joey out for awhile and MC's pitching, I'm predicting the Caravan.

Well its still only late March so 5 weeks(early May) Rita will get him back. Thats when u really need him. He will even have a few weeks to get some innings in before playoffs. U figure MC/SR have good odds of meeting in postseason. Rita's Catholic League chances probably more at risk but come playoffs Im sure they'll be fine.
This post was edited on 3/29 11:38 PM by DeanOfSelection

I read your initial post before you edited it. And I do agree that it's much easier, since the change to 4 classes.

I can't remember about Larry, whether they're in the MC/SR/OPRF segional or the PC/BR/Andy segional?

Joey will be missed in the sense of seeding purposes, IMO. Yes, a team should beat all opponents, but I'd rather have Rita facing easier teams with a higher seed then facing tougher with a lower seed.

I think in 2009 or '10, Rita avoided OPRF until very late. IB, OPRF beat MC to have the right to play Rita. I think that beneifited SR. Or like in the NCAA's: I was hoping the Illini would've avoided that dreaded 8/9 seed.

I kind of went on a tangent with that one. I guess the point is I wouldnt worry. Counterintuitively might HELP Mustang in that other guys get meaningful innings in big games vs MC,PC,StL and are ready out of pen in a clutch situation in playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT