ADVERTISEMENT

What is the toughest conference in the state

Hard to say as far as big conference but since year 2000 the old Suburban Christian/Catholic conference had won around 15 state championships. No other conference has come close to that. Many of the titles were won by Driscoll which closed it's doors but many of those teams from that conference are now in the CCL Green conference. So I will pick them as the best smaller school enrollment conference.

"It's all about championships - That's the key component in the argument in discussing who is the best basketball player of all time? - Michael Jordan or Lebron James".

The ESCC is a great conference but on average I believe they have higher enrollment levels than the CCL Green.

I was always hoping SHG could replace Driscoll for football only in the old SCC (overcoming distance issues by maybe holding games involving SHG on Saturday nights) and keep that old conference going.

Wassup

Last edited:
Reactions: lkhammer57
What if we limited our responses to the strict question posed by biglatte?

In other words, entire conferences only...not divisions within a conference. Top to bottom, which are the best conferences?

I think that changes things around a lot.

Out of ten schools, with five of them being playoff qualifiers and with two state champs last year, I'm going with the CS8. Also like the ESCC last year with ten teams, six qualifiers, one state title, and an overall playoff record of 10-5.

I think you mean "What is the second toughest conference in the state?"

If you can't get a 6th team to balance out the schedule and you have to go searching games out of state . . .

you might just be the toughest conference in the state.

Reactions: emillika
What if we limited our responses to the strict question posed by biglatte?

In other words, entire conferences only...not divisions within a conference. Top to bottom, which are the best conferences?

I think that changes things around a lot.

Out of ten schools, with five of them being playoff qualifiers and with two state champs last year, I'm going with the CS8. Also like the ESCC last year with ten teams, six qualifiers, one state title, and an overall playoff record of 10-5.
agree 100% rmbl, but for me, it still goes to the CCL blue.

Simply measuring a conference by state title wins, imo, is to one layered...you have to look at the quality of teams top to bottom, and then also ask, which is the toughest conference to win.

Last edited:
I'm biased but I do believe if you take out divisions.The ESCC is the toughest.
With divisions can we really pick anyone but CCL Blue. MC almost missed the playoffs and went to the 7A Semis.

I'm biased but I do believe if you take out divisions.The ESCC is the toughest.
With divisions can we really pick anyone but CCL Blue. MC almost missed the playoffs and went to the 7A Semis.

I would agree prior to last season, which was definitely a down year for the ESCC. If it is perennially we are speaking to, than yes, the ESCC would be toward the top along with the DVC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT