ADVERTISEMENT

Week 8: The Underclassmen Report for Hersey/Prospect

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
I was able to get out to see games on both Friday night and Saturday this past weekend. . I was in Arlington Heights for the Prospect win over Hersey and then Saturday I was at Springfield Memorial Stadium for Decatur MacArthur vs Springfield. I will prepare these reports each week during the 2021 Fall season. Questions? Issues? Post em here or email me edgytim@edgytim.com

Prospect Knights

Top Underclassmen to Watch

2023 ATH Frank Covey 6-foot-2, 180 pound-
Covey this past spring played wide receiver for the Knights and this fall has moved over to the quarterback position. Covey is a pretty high level athletes who has a lot to offer. Covey as a signal caller is a strong runner with an impressive arm and tools. Covey I feel is as equally effective as a runner in an RPO option offense as well as a passer. Cover in the passing game makes good throws and decisions under duress, was able to find second and third options on plays and delivered a consistently good ball. I also was impressed with Covey's power and speed in the run game along with his ability to take on all defenders and doesn't shy away from contact. Again schools are looking at Covey right now as a receiver, but until we can get more definitive video I'll leave him as an athlete for now. Projected level? For now (and admittedly a conservative take here) I see Covey for now as a lower D1/FCS level talent.

2023 WR Jacob Parisi 6-foot-0, 170 pounds
2023 WR Bradley Vierneisel 6-foot-1, 180 pounds
2023 WR Sean Koniezcka 6-foot-0, 175 pounds
2023 OL Ola Sulaimon
2023 OL Chance Rolfe

Senior Eye Opener

OL Sam Tsagallis 6-foot-4, 265 pounds-
I really liked some things I saw from Sam Tsagallis this past summer and his game as just gotten better on several levels. Tsagallis has added a bit more good weight and size, moves well and also has improved his hands/feet along with adding a bit more hand usage. Tsagallis was able to handle both run blocking along with having a pretty solid pass pro here. I see Tsagallis as a potential FCS/D2 talent who like too many others is being under recruited this fall.

Hersey Huskies

Top Underclassmen to Watch

Check back soon! More names will be added

Senior Eye Opener

QB Jimmy Makuh 6-foot-3, 190 pounds-
Jimmy Makuh has been a regular on the camp/combine circuit for easily the past two years and he's always one of the top performers at those events. Makuh has good overall size, yet still has a bit more good weight and good size left to add but is for the most part pretty college ready physically. Makuh was able to show a strong and pretty accurate arm, was able to consistently deliver a very good football to a group of receivers that didn't have a ton of size, length or separation speed in this game. Makuh showed good pocket presence, could feel pressure and then had the speed and escapability to avoid the pass rush. I was also impressed with Makuh's ability to make multiple check downs and not eyeball his primary receiver on most plays. Makuh has very good mobility and can no question also be a plus running the football when required. Earlier I rated Jimmy Makuh as a FCS level talent and a player who I felt could performer well and become a regular at that level....and his game has done nothing but improve and become more refined since that earlier evaluation. Overall Jimmy Makuh has room to grow and improve and all the tools to become a name on the rise over the next few seasons at the higher college level.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News