ADVERTISEMENT

TV Coverage ... quality there of

MC63

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Lake County
I watched the York/LA game and felt that the camera coverage was excellent. The director and staff did a great job.

The two announcers, however, sounded like what would result if Hawk Harrelson and Kenny McReynolds were blended together by a mad scientist.
They popped every cliche imaginable. My favorite, with time running out: ""York better get goin' and they better do it soon." You can't make that up.

Over on CW 26, the game coverage was great. I know that some of you don't care for jack MccInerney, but he and Jim Blaney work very well together.

Did you notice that when McReynolds recollected a conversation with one of the coaches, he always recalled the statement beginning with "Kenny ...." thereby implying that they were on a first name basis. I think what they were really saying was "Kenny, who let you in here?"

The NFHS coverage at Montini and DGN was more than acceptable.

Over on CW 26, the game coverage was great. I know that some of you don't care for jack MccInerney, but he and Jim Blaney work very well together.
They are awful, and for the third week in a row I’ve heard announcers calling for automatic first downs for PIs or PFs, including these two. They have no clue what they are doing.

Unfortunately by the time I got to my favorite watering hole they had the MC/Batavia game on and I looked at the score and knew it was over and didn’t pay attention. If so, c’mon man as my buddy always says!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT