ADVERTISEMENT

"The Drive" team next year?

Maine west. I understand CSN desires a program that tends to advance deep into the PO’s but what a story. Maybe Warren.

Last edited:
Reactions: Relist8
Has The Drive lost its luster? Should the segment be based on maybe an entire conference or some other group like “top QBs”? Just putting it out there for discussion.

Trust me....the overall viewership has never been higher for The Drive...and the logistics of shooting more than one school is pretty impossible taking into consideration cost etc...

Warren-big school 8a,Successful 2018 with a lot starters returning.

Mount Carmel- Lynch reshaping historic program.

Nazareth-QB JJ’s recruitment and quest for repeat.

Antioch-Smaller school-undeafeted regular season 2018.Recruitment of Returning QB.

Taft Hs-Big public school with the struggles of city football also no Home stadium on campus.Making it to prep bowl.

It won't happen, but I'd enjoy seeing a team that's going to experience both highs and lows of a season. Like a Carmel or St. Pat's in the ESCC/CCL as they are middle of the road programs that will be fighting for a playoff spot.

Or take the show to an Antioch/Yorkville/Minooka type of setting where Friday Nights are the event for everyone in town.

Reactions: Cross Bones
It won't happen, but I'd enjoy seeing a team that's going to experience both highs and lows of a season. Like a Carmel or St. Pat's in the ESCC/CCL as they are middle of the road programs that will be fighting for a playoff spot.

Or take the show to an Antioch/Yorkville/Minooka type of setting where Friday Nights are the event for everyone in town.
Carmel is good because of building of the program with new coach!
St pats inner city team who I think has never won a second round playoff game!Not sure on that though.A lot of great kids in that program.Also newer coach

I like the idea of using a program that will have to fight for a playoff birth, a team that could range from 3-6 to 6-3.

I like this idea. Brings a lot more programs into the conversation.

Selfish Witty: Rita or Hubbard (District home school if did not attend Cascia)
Bones' idea: St.CEast? Da Brook? LWCentral? Benet? Don?
Other than that: Warren, a DuKane school (Batavia-SCNorth-WWSouth)

I think the Drive should be documenting Bones drive from Bolingbrook to Nazareth to donate his lost bet.
Or they can follow godfthr and document how to play up the "family" tradition then take a heaping #2 on "family" in private?

Has The Drive lost its luster? Should the segment be based on maybe an entire conference or some other group like “top QBs”? Just putting it out there for discussion.
...and the logistics of shooting more than one school is pretty impossible taking into consideration cost etc...
Since we are in brain-storming mode, consider the following? Research a Week 9 game between 2 teams who are both rivals and projected to be "ranked" by that time. Alternate featuring each team each week for the 1st 8 games of the season. Divide any pre-season coverage between the two beforehand. Not sure what to do during playoff weeks - does "The Drive" conclude with the regular season anyway? Don't know if the logistics and cost to which Edgy referred above would also apply here.

Reactions: Cat Box
Trust me....the overall viewership has never been higher for The Drive...and the logistics of shooting more than one school is pretty impossible taking into consideration cost etc...
Thanks Edgy, just threw it out there for discussion. Completely understand costs and logistics. I really enjoyed the 2014 Provi segments.

How many schools won state titles as the featured school? I know 2014 Provi and 2017 Batavia. It feels like being the featured school on the Drive is like the curse of winning the Presidents Cup in the NHL. Win that and you are almost guaranteed not to win the Stanley Cup!

How many schools won state titles as the featured school? I know 2014 Provi and 2017 Batavia. It feels like being the featured school on the Drive is like the curse of winning the Presidents Cup in the NHL. Win that and you are almost guaranteed not to win the Stanley Cup!
I think Joliet Catholic and Main south won also

Reactions: EdgyTim
Batavia was featured this year

someone with knowledge please list out all the Drive teams and their eventual result.

PR did.

I’d like to see LA, but I doubt they would do it. I do not understand why a program / school wouldn’t want to be feature. Seems counterintuitive to me. The PR / exposure could be a real shot in the arm for a program. Are coaches concerned about the distraction?

On a side note, this video is pretty cool:

Enjoy Ramblers!

Reactions: LAguy and Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT