ADVERTISEMENT

State Finals Players to watch 1A to 8A

RockSoup

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2009
I don’t have a rooting interest this coming weekend (other than cheering on my CCL/ESCC brethren). Ok, I guess that’s a rooting interest but semantics aside, tell me what players to keep an eye on. Don’t forget Offensive Linemen and 5 tech, 3 tech and 1 tech defensive linemen. Edgy fam, make me the smartest fan on my group text threads Friday and Saturday.

3a Byron #37 Considine is a monster on both sides of the ball. I sat front row behind their bench, they had a lot of studs but #53 stood out to me. Small in stature but just a bad ass “3a” football player #74 on Byron left guard pulls often and is damn good at it. #1 is a stud too.

3a Byron #37 Considine is a monster on both sides of the ball. I sat front row behind their bench, they had a lot of studs but #53 stood out to me. Small in stature but just a bad ass “3a” football player #74 on Byron left guard pulls often and is damn good at it. #1 is a stud too.
Love me some filthy hogs and dawgs in the trenches! Thank you.

Reactions: RPG24
A few Rockets who don't get quite as much attention as some of the skill players.

OT-DT Karter Reiss. His brother Keaton was Rochester's 250-pound QB last year. A 2-year starter at OT, Karter looks a lot like Keaton except he goes about 280. Very tough to block on defense.

C Jake Milliron. If the snaps aren't good, the Rocket offense can't get going. Jake was an OT last year as a Sophomore who has moved to C and done a great job. He is 6'4" and 260 pounds and a punishing blocker as well.

LB/Special Teams Jamal Bramer. Along with fellow LB Parker Lyons, Jamal gives the Rockets size along with the ability to pursue running backs at the LB position. He also has a number of big hits on kickoff returners this season, including several yesterday against Murphysboro.

• Love
Reactions: RockSoup
A few Rockets who don't get quite as much attention as some of the skill players.

OT-DT Karter Reiss. His brother Keaton was Rochester's 250-pound QB last year. A 2-year starter at OT, Karter looks a lot like Keaton except he goes about 280. Very tough to block on defense.

C Jake Milliron. If the snaps aren't good, the Rocket offense can't get going. Jake was an OT last year as a Sophomore who has moved to C and done a great job. He is 6'4" and 260 pounds and a punishing blocker as well.

LB/Special Teams Jamal Bramer. Along with fellow LB Parker Lyons, Jamal gives the Rockets size along with the ability to pursue running backs at the LB position. He also has a number of big hits on kickoff returners this season, including several yesterday against Murphysboro.
Jake might be my favorite Rochester player yet! Always positive, but still a bada$$...

And the big right paw of #9 for StLaurence Ceasar Chavez of StLaurence. The kid who blocked the EP that started the bus up for Normal

Reactions: RockSoup
Very underrated Corner at LW east Jayshawn Echols. He's a lock down corner, great instincts and High IQ.
Another one on that team is the converted WR from corner Stephan Gist. Helluva Athlete and the staff made the right call to put him on the offensive side of the ball during their playoff run has really opened up their offense.

Very underrated Corner at LW east Jayshawn Echols. He's a lock down corner, great instincts and High IQ.
Another one on that team is the converted WR from corner Stephan Gist. Helluva Athlete and the staff made the right call to put him on the offensive side of the ball during their playoff run has really opened up their offense.
East 91 DE O’Rourke isn’t a bad pick as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT