ADVERTISEMENT

So about the Free football board....

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
I'm in deep thoughts about the next step which includes the free board.

If you can't tell I'm getting very tired of deleting post, banning users and seeing good threads completely hijacked on a nearly daily if not an hourly basis.

The amount of jag bags on the free side has gone from say the 5 percenters to say the 20 percenters of new and old posters who just feel the need to politicize every single thread and point..again thank you Twitter.

This site and board is very unique compared to the rest of this network which mainly deals with college sites and college sports....this is a high school site dealing with high school kids and teachers/coaches/administrators. The sheer amount of hassle, blame, legal recourse and the like continues to grow daily and in all honesty....I really don't want to deal with it for very much longer.

I know many of you have thoughts on this....and I'm willing to listen to any suggestions on and off line...and you can always email me edgytim@edgytim.com with any thoughts/suggestions.

We've tried self policing (works for a bit them falls off people lose interest in it etc) and other things to slow it down..and I'm meeting with Rivals and hoping they have a few tech suggestions as well.

My idea? We determine say the Top 10-15 freeloaders...have them earn a comp to this board and shut down the Free board. Again it won't be popular....but something has to change before the start of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News