ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals Camp this Sunday at OFallon HS

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Very excited to get back down this Sunday for the Rivals Camp.

Unfortunately both Nike and Rivals have camps on the same day so the talent level will be split sadly.

All I know is that our camps offer a few distinct advantages, the most important being NO testing in our camps whatsoever. All we measure is height and weight and then it's all football work.

I'm a huge fan of our camps. I also have respect and completely appreciate those involved with the Nike camps over the years, just a terrific bunch of people run those camps. You won't see any smack talk from me regarding who's camps are better.

All I know is that we cover the crap out of our camps, we offer a great football ONLY experience and we also cap the overall number of campers. We do not allow huge numbers and we generally cap off the total numbers of campers to say 200 or so kids at the most.

Looking forward to seeing you all in OFallon on Sunday.

"Not sure what you mean.....some kids numbers? What numbers?"

So as an example of out of state kids not to offend anyone here in the area.

Chris Evans past testing numbers ie 40, vert, SS, etc were replaced with testing numbers from Indianapolis combine, while H Sterling Smith's old testing numbers in his profile remain unchanged and significantly better than what he achieved at the combine done in St Louis/O'Fallon. There are other examples of the same thing and I'm wondering why all players are not being treated equally regarding data changes?

"Not sure what you mean.....some kids numbers? What numbers?"

So as an example of out of state kids not to offend anyone here in the area.

Chris Evans past testing numbers ie 40, vert, SS, etc were replaced with testing numbers from Indianapolis combine, while H Sterling Smith's old testing numbers in his profile remain unchanged and significantly better than what he achieved at the combine done in St Louis/O'Fallon. There are other examples of the same thing and I'm wondering why all players are not being treated equally regarding data changes?

I honestly have no idea. I'll try to find out but in all honesty the combine part has been run pretty separately from what I'm aware of.....again I'm not a big fan of any combines no matter who runs them. The Rivals Camp this Sunday in OFallon is no testing just football and and is completely separate from the combine side. I know that kids ask and are granted scratches at various combines and I'm guessing our as well but it's something I need to check.

I honestly have no idea. I'll try to find out but in all honesty the combine part has been run pretty separately from what I'm aware of.....again I'm not a big fan of any combines no matter who runs them. The Rivals Camp this Sunday in OFallon is no testing just football and and is completely separate from the combine side. I know that kids ask and are granted scratches at various combines and I'm guessing our as well but it's something I need to check.

Thanks Edgy,

There were a number of kids from the area that were at the rivals camp here last year and did well, but were denied access to this years camp, and told they would need to go to the combine to qualify. Since the combine no further outreach to those kids, it's been a strange process for sure. No testing numbers were shared at the combine so kids didn't know to scratch or not nor, was the option to scratch offered. Next time we are face to face I'll share more. Again thank you for looking into this and appreciate everything you do?

Thanks Edgy,

There were a number of kids from the area that were at the rivals camp here last year and did well, but were denied access to this years camp, and told they would need to go to the combine to qualify. Since the combine no further outreach to those kids, it's been a strange process for sure. No testing numbers were shared at the combine so kids didn't know to scratch or not nor, was the option to scratch offered. Next time we are face to face I'll share more. Again thank you for looking into this and appreciate everything you do?

Just curious, who told them to go to the combine? I had a similar situation and got in touch with a couple folks from Rivals and they never mentioned going to the combined. I spoke with Edgy and he never mentioned the combine as well. Sounds like some bad advice. The kid that was in question for me didn't get invited back simply because his performance last year wasn't that great. I was told that this camp was covering a very large foot print (something like 10 states) therefore flexibility wasn't there this year. I was given the walk up option which is hit or miss depending on who actual show up.

Wow a lot to try to cover here. First of all FYI almost every walk up gets in and they all got in on Sunday....but of course we can't advertise that so....as far as the combine is concerned. I basically was never really told/explained the entire process etc. and I'm still having issues getting answers. I've been pretty consistent over the years on my opinion about combines etc. Basically don't test. Why would you test? I ran my own a few years back and basically stopped because the entire testing phase wasn't worth it for kids. Anyways Jwar I'm still not getting many answers on what the deal was or is. Lots of confusion since you had the Rivals Camp (invite only and yes had multiple states represented) and Rivals combine (open to all). I suggest that you email Greg Gibson ggibson@yahoo-inc.com I'm pretty sure he's running the combine side.

LHSTiger ,

The kids as a whole did very well last year. One of the kids that went uninvited went to the Rivals underclassmen 250 as a 2017 kid and showed out in Jacksonville as well. Seems to me something went sideways, the recommendation to go to the combine came from the folks that responded by email with a rejection to these kids. I also followed up with Edgy face to face and asked why some had not been invited or invited back and I can't remember his exact words but many of the kids were underclassmen and he thought it was due to limited space.

At the end of the day I just find it curious as to why some kids data has been modified while others has not. Seems to me it should be all or none. He'll for the Denver combine they didn't even report 40 times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT