ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterfinals look ahead

If JC can get by Peoria, would love to check out Morris v JC mainly if it's at Morris. That has been my favorite venue to see a game.
Would be another great chapter in the rivalry. Would be at Morris if their round two game ends up being at SHG and they are able to get by them.

Reactions: DeanOfSelection
2A north is a gauntlet and both potential quarterfinals would be great. Could see a week 1 rematch between Seneca and Wilmington. The other potential quarter final between Maroa-Forsyth and BCC would be a good one as well.

Princeton vs. Montini in 3A
St. Francis vs. Sycamore in 5A
Barrington vs. Maine South in 8A

Reactions: stl705 and USD24
2A north is a gauntlet and both potential quarterfinals would be great. Could see a week 1 rematch between Seneca and Wilmington. The other potential quarter final between Maroa-Forsyth and BCC would be a good one as well.

Princeton vs. Montini in 3A
St. Francis vs. Sycamore in 5A
Barrington vs. Maine South in 8A
Agree on WSF vs sycamore

Reactions: Wassup13
Is this Sycamore team as good as recent teams? I want to say no but not sure.
They are who you think they are, so don't let 'em off the hook!

They will be a challenge for anyone who gets them, normal high-level program.

Reactions: Wassup13
Is this Sycamore team as good as recent teams? I want to say no but not sure.
I would say not as good as the last few years but still a very good team. The Morris game was a little surprising to me. Did not expect them to make the mistakes they made with turnovers and quite a few pre snap penalties.

Morris got the jump on them before they knew what hit them, TD's on their first two drives, but once they settled in it was the game everyone expected. Held a very good Morris offense scoreless in the 2nd half.

Expect a well coached, hard hitting team. RB is sneaky good. Constantly gets 4-6 yards a carry and before you know it he's got at least 125 yards. QB is a junior and pretty solid on offense, throws a nice ball and can run when needed. He's committed to Iowa to play safety.

St. Francis should win, but take Sycamore lightly and one of the 5A favorites could end up going home early.

I would say not as good as the last few years but still a very good team. The Morris game was a little surprising to me. Did not expect them to make the mistakes they made with turnovers and quite a few pre snap penalties.

Morris got the jump on them before they knew what hit them, TD's on their first two drives, but once they settled in it was the game everyone expected. Held a very good Morris offense scoreless in the 2nd half.

Expect a well coached, hard hitting team. RB is sneaky good. Constantly gets 4-6 yards a carry and before you know it he's got at least 125 yards. QB is a junior and pretty solid on offense, throws a nice ball and can run when needed. He's committed to Iowa to play safety.

St. Francis should win, but take Sycamore lightly and one of the 5A favorites could end up going home early.
I think Morgan Park beats Sycamore round 2. MP gets overlooked because if their schedule but they are a very, very good football team.

Reactions: McEvergreen
I think MC and Morris would be a good game and Sycamore and MC would be a good game too, If you would not have told me MC only beat MP by 10 I’d say all 3 schools beat MP by 2-3 tds so it’s just an opinion

I think MC and Morris would be a good game and Sycamore and MC would be a good game too, If you would not have told me MC only beat MP by 10 I’d say all 3 schools beat MP by 2-3 tds so it’s just an opinion
I’m sure and I respect your opinion. I just found it interesting based on MC only winning by 10.

Reactions: Sterling Warrior
The great news is we’ll get to see it happen. Seems like people are putting SF vs. Sycamore in the quarterfinals in sharpie…both teams have to still get there.
I’m guessing SF gets passed Sterling in round 2. And beats them for the second time this year. and that’s as far as I will predict. Sterling would have to play the perfect game on offense like they did against Quincy this year and catch a turnover or two. It’s possible but unlikely.

But in close contests, IC will go the whole game with only 14 or 15 players. Boylan and St Laurence are both non multiplied Catholic schools which means big rosters with big guys. Get thru that with no injuries and it’s RB, another physical deep team

Reactions: cigaros
But in close contests, IC will go the whole game with only 14 or 15 players. Boylan and St Laurence are both non multiplied Catholic schools which means big rosters with big guys. Get thru that with no injuries and it’s RB, another physical deep team
They've been playing with the same roster size all season, I think they'll be fine against all those teams. They may even rest their starters in the first round.

Maybe, but when you string tough games together and most players go both ways - nine for IC, the chance for injury goes up

That’s where the luck comes in

And Boylan is real good

Woe is me junk doesn’t work around here for any school, every program has its own issues they deal with. But woe is me from a successful private school program around here…😂😂🤣

Plus 35 on the roster with 2 Sophs per MaxPreps (I know they can be wrong) and only 15 are playing? Get those other players in up 5 TDs before the running clock starts. They’ll be developed better by the end of the year. I mean seriously, you sacrifice the subs against Loyola and then can’t or won’t develop them against the the teams you crush every other week. I don’t know if you’re a York guy or Montini or what but you’re like a walking, talking advertisement for York, Benet, Fenwick, St. Francis, Naz or any other program in the 30 mile radius.

Reactions: Gene K.
Boylan will be lucky to get past STL. If they do, IC will beat them by 3-4 TDs easy. Then most likely they will get RB from the top side and they will beat them easily as well. This isn't the same RB as the last couple years. IC/Rochester in Bloomington, book it. And even though the Northern bracket is MUCH tougher than the south, we should end up with the best two teams in 4A playing for it all!

• Wow
Well if Boylan is playing StLaurence, it means they've already beaten IC. Speaking of, why is no one talking up Laurence?

Well if Boylan is playing StLaurence, it means they've already beaten IC. Speaking of, why is no one talking up Laurence?
Their main offensive threat has been banged up since the middle of the season. He’s tried to go the last 2 games and didn’t make it to the end of the game. Don’t know his status for the playoffs but he won’t be 100%

Because the only team they beat with a winning record is Provi and their non conference consisted of two public schools and one of them was a forfeit win. They should make it to the quarters but won't get past IC.

I don’t know if you’re a York guy or Montini or what but you’re like a walking, talking advertisement for York, Benet, Fenwick, St. Francis, Naz or any other program in the 30 mile radius.
Good one! You got me on Naz, but that’s okay as it appears that everyone on this board loves the Naz. All kidding aside, I’m just not buying this IC by four TD talk

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT