ADVERTISEMENT

Providence Catholic Will Win State This Season If:

JCHILLTOPPERS

May 29, 2001
To me, it's a simple question: Can PC's almost wholly new offensive line be an "A" offensive line.

PC will have a good enough defense to win state.

PC will have a good enough special teams to win state.

PC will have an athletic enough QB to win state - it does not even really matter who it is - there are enough athletes in the school.

PC HAS a good enough RB to win state (IMO, the only school with a more impressive history of RBs is JCA - and JCA has a pretty good lead on even PC there).

However, I have no idea what PC's offensive line will be like and to me, that is their life blood. I do know Seff is coaching them again this season...and he is the best offensive line coach in IL football history.

Most importantly, it looks like 6A for PC. Some time in the recent past, 6a and 7a flipped as the easiest classes to win once in.

PC 11-3....if there offensive line can grade out at an "A."

Reactions: EdgyTim
6A was really easy last year. this year u will have a Montini SHG there however and maybe even Cary pushed down.

6A was really easy last year. this year u will have a Montini SHG there however and maybe even Cary pushed down.

Even with those three, the first real contest will most likely be in the semifinals. There is a HUGE drop off between the top 4 and the rest of the field. Not because of talent levels but mainly because of competition during the season.

Even with those three, the first real contest will most likely be in the semifinals. There is a HUGE drop off between the top 4 and the rest of the field. Not because of talent levels but mainly because of competition during the season.
also the top of 6A was terrible last year and SHG PC will probably be bottom 1-16. Essentially with the SF u are just swapping Naz for Montini.

also the top of 6A was terrible last year and SHG PC will probably be bottom 1-16. Essentially with the SF u are just swapping Naz for Montini.

Exactly although I will say Peoria ND ran the crap out of that wing T. However I don't think they come close to wining a game outside of Peoria. That area was determined to get a team to State. Most schools from Central Illinois don't have a clue what a tough team look like which make it difficult when trying to make a playoff run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT