ADVERTISEMENT

Pre Season 1

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
Bato tweeted JC, MC, LWN teams to watch for that. MC is loaded w position players going to Wake Forest ,Lville, Vandy, Michigan, Indiana but don't have the pitching JC has. id go JC 1 MC 2. the vandy kid for JC is the best high school pitcher I have ever seen.

He had Rita HF listed also but reading between lines my guess is he goes JC, LWN /MC 2 or 3, SR ,HF

main thing is they lose Godfrey. in the old 2 class system could not have rode his coat tails like they did last year w the games so spread out and 4 classes

Originally posted by DeanOfSelection:

In the old 2 class system could not have rode his coat tails like they did last year w the games so spread out and 4 classes
Dean, that is why I think as far as tournament format goes, the summer state is a better representation of the overall quality of a team.
Yes, I know there are kids missing and some teams don't even play, I'm not referring to that, I'm referring to the games being much more condensed and the depth of teams comes much more into play.
With the format of the regular state tournament and how spread out the games are a team can get pretty far with one pitcher.

3B AJ Lewis now committed to Missouri. The IF now has Mizzou, Indiana, Michigan and OF has Lville Wake. pretty loaded

I would agree with this statement. The summer tourney shows off a teams overall depth, but you are also correct that rarely does a team have all their players at the summer tourney and even some of the ones they do have are coming to the game after morning football practice and are already gassed.

Maxpreps has Rita as the top team in Illinois. According to the article, they return 9 players with starting experience and this could be their best team in the last 20 years.

I saw that. I really don't know. I thought for sure they were gonna win state a few times thus far.

I agree with that sentiment. I think they'll be very good, indeed. But, I don't think they are the number 1 team in the state.

It comes down to getting the highest seed possible so one's path is just a little bit easier. If MC-SR played a seven game series, it'd probably go all seven at this point.

I really don't know what most of these teams have back. MC is loaded but some question marks on the mound. Munoz is back and Kapers is a great closer but need people to step up. Rita seems like they have a ton back. I thought they were loaded last year to. Laurence lost a ton. 3A I cant imagine anyone touching JC but again its single elim so u never know.

I really don't know what most of these teams have back. MC is loaded but some question marks on the mound. Munoz is back and Kapers is a great closer but need people to step up. Rita seems like they have a ton back. I thought they were loaded last year to. Laurence lost a ton. 3A I cant imagine anyone touching JC but again its single elim so u never know.
If Naz is 3A, they will be right there with JCA. LWW is tough as well.

reading JC and MC have some stud catchers . JC has a soph, MC a frosh. these kids are so advanced nowadays with travel ball.

reading JC and MC have some stud catchers . JC has a soph, MC a frosh. these kids are so advanced nowadays with travel ball.
JC does have a real good soph. catcher. Caught a little last summer on varsity. He will not catch much at the varsity level due to Delasandro catching this year. Also has some strong soph arms. There is a lot of talent in the program right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT