ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: So who wins the 2022 North Suburban Conference?

So Who Wins the 2022 North Suburban Conference?

• Warren Township

Votes: 50 71.4%
  • Lake Zurich

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Lake Forest

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Stevenson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mundelein

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Libertyville

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Zion-Benton

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Waukegan

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
So who wins the 2022 North Suburban Conference in 2022? Feel feee to also let us know who will be the conference MVP, sleeper team to watch, sleeper player name to watch all here.

Mundelein has 3 players to watch as they try and build on their 4-5 season from last year.
2023 Marcel Siepko - FB/ILB
2024 Brandon Hanson - OT/DE
2024 Lucas Dickey - RB/S

all 3 we’re major contributors last year and will have even more on their plate this year.

Would be great to see Mundelein continue to be competitive. Too bad Waukegan couldn't move to the new conference.

Would be great to see Mundelein continue to be competitive. Too bad Waukegan couldn't move to the new conference.
I think Mundelein is going to surprise some people. They could make the playoffs this year.

I think Mundelein is going to surprise some people. They could make the playoffs this year.
Well Stevenson certainly is not the power it has been in the past, and as a casual observer LHS and LZ are not either, so maybe Mustangs could do it. No slight to any teams intended, just trying to be optimistic for Mundelein. They will need to beat 2-3 good teams to make the playoffs.

Well Stevenson certainly is not the power it has been in the past, and as a casual observer LHS and LZ are not either, so maybe Mustangs could do it. No slight to any teams intended, just trying to be optimistic for Mundelein. They will need to beat 2-3 good teams to make the playoffs.
For them it always comes down to can they beat either LF LZ Stv Warren or Lib? Figure they need to beat at least one and possibly 2.

Final Standings Prediction:
Warren
Stevenson
Lake Zurich
Libertyville
Lake Foret
Mundelein
ZB
Waukegan

Warren has too much speed and experience to finish anywhere but first in the conference. Getting their QB back after a year off locks them in at the top. They won’t be as dominant as in years past so I wouldn’t be shocked to see someone push them but they should run the table.

Stevenson played a lot of Juniors on D last year. Only team with a returning QB. Several return on OL. Development of RBs and WRs will be telling.

LZ played a lot of juniors last year. Always a tough, hard nosed team on defensive side. QB transferred back from Carmel. Will O improve?

Libertyville has to replace a ton of seniors but generally a well coached team and always some talent waiting to get on the field.

Lake Forest will need to replace all skill position kids. Hear they are playing a kid at QB that has never played the position. They have some kids coming back but not enough of them.

Mundelein has some solid players back but not enough of them. Will have decent line play on both sides of the ball which helps but the non-line spots will need to develop quickly.

ZB is undermanned but I understand they have some good skill position players but lack line play and LBs.

Waukegan I simply hope fields a team for 9 weeks. I hope the conference shows some mercy as it can’t be much fun for the kids to show up knowing they don’t have a chance to compete.

Reactions: rocketnation
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT