ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff brackets

Oswego/Minooka this week for the conference title. Should be a nice series to get both teams playoff ready. Minooka's had Oswego's number for a few years, but Oswego is hot right now and have some underclassmen stepping up with the bats.

Oswego/Minooka this week for the conference title. Should be a nice series to get both teams playoff ready. Minooka's had Oswego's number for a few years, but Oswego is hot right now and have some underclassmen stepping up with the bats.
Do you happen to know where the teams placed in the conference? Weird season this year, but from the scores I saw I expected Plainfield South or Joliet West to be in the mix

Do you happen to know where the teams placed in the conference? Weird season this year, but from the scores I saw I expected Plainfield South or Joliet West to be in the mix
Those two teams are on the other side (East) of the conference. South likely won that side. Oswego, without some key players, beat Minooka yesterday 14-1

Reactions: PowerI66
My God St. Laurence & JCA should be embarrassed with the fields they are in. Cakewalks.
Why should they be embarrassed? JCA is the third seed in their sub sectional. They will be the underdog in their second playoff game. St. Laurence is in a sectional with Naz, Benet and Lemont. Three real good programs throughout the years.

Reactions: Gene K.
The LWAY bracket was so brutal and now both Marist and LWay are out. Two national teams. Best of luck to Provi and HF today. Winning a baseball State champ is both hard and luck...and pitching. Thanks Captain Obvious!

I don’t think there was luck involved. Take a look at the schedule Provi played vs what Marist played. They set themselves up to be playoff hardened. They often find themselves in this spot.

I don’t think there was luck involved. Take a look at the schedule Provi played vs what Marist played. They set themselves up to be playoff hardened. They often find themselves in this spot.
Marist played one of the toiughest schedules in the state. In addition to the ESCC schedule, which is one of the best conferences in the state, Marist played PC, MC, Rita, Rice, LWE, LWC, Stl, Lockport, HF and SCN.

Marist played one of the toiughest schedules in the state. In addition to the ESCC schedule, which is one of the best conferences in the state, Marist played PC, MC, Rita, Rice, LWE, LWC, Stl, Lockport, HF and SCN.
I think those were the only tough games on their schedule, saw a lot of doubleheader’s with the likes of Viator, Mundelein Carmel, ND, Pat’s etc. Don’t think the ESCC will ever be confused with the gauntlet that is the CCL Blue. Provi, BR,SL still in it & SR & MC only knocked out because we are forced to eat our own in regionals.

I think those were the only tough games on their schedule, saw a lot of doubleheader’s with the likes of Viator, Mundelein Carmel, ND, Pat’s etc. Don’t think the ESCC will ever be confused with the gauntlet that is the CCL Blue. Provi, BR,SL still in it & SR & MC only knocked out because we are forced to eat our own in regionals.
FWIW, Marist played 21 games against teams that were ranked at some point in the season and PC played 22 games against ranked teams. I also saw a lot of games vs the likes of Marmion, Stagg, Bolingbrook, DeLaSalle, Ignatius, Thornwood and DePaul Prep on the PC schedule. PC is traditionally a great playoff team, but the reason they beat Marist is not because they played a tougher schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT