ADVERTISEMENT

NU on the Lake

Hopefully this is just a backup plan or a negotiation maneuver to keep from getting clobbered by Wrigley or SF.
But if you’re familiar with this location, you’d know that it would be a logistical nightmare for football games. Sachs Stadium is a better solution.

Hopefully this is just a backup plan or a negotiation maneuver to keep from getting clobbered by Wrigley or SF.
But if you’re familiar with this location, you’d know that it would be a logistical nightmare for football games. Sachs Stadium is a better solution.
Pretty sure this is set. Can't commit to Wrigley if the Cubs make the playoffs and I'm guessing the Bears and NU schedules don't line up where they could play consistently at Soldier Field. Plus Soldier Field gets torn up bad enough by the Bears that the turf is trash by mid season.

I thought wherever the Fire play would be the best option for a temporary home. The practice field on the lake will be gorgeous, but a logistical nightmare.

Reactions: ignazio
They shouldn’t be allowed to host Big Ten games at that field. It is embarrassing to the conference and unfair to traveling fans. Parking, concessions, ticket allotments, locker rooms, etc… are all going to be a nightmare. Should have been planning earlier. NIU, Soldier Field, Seat Geek Stadium, Notre Dame Stadium all could have been options.

They shouldn’t be allowed to host Big Ten games at that field. It is embarrassing to the conference and unfair to traveling fans. Parking, concessions, ticket allotments, locker rooms, etc… are all going to be a nightmare. Should have been planning earlier. NIU, Soldier Field, Seat Geek Stadium, Notre Dame Stadium all could have been options.
How could any other college stadium be feasible? There's no chance the schedules would line up to be able to accommodate 2 teams, same goes for Soldier Field. Seat Geek would be my first choice. Plus everyone needs to calm down and realize it's temporary and there's at least one game at Wrigley. Temporary situations are never ideal.

I like it something different and it’s only 2 years. It’s out of the box but with the location right on the lake it will be a huge success. There is a large parking deck and surface lot there for donors and everyone else can walk across campus or take a shuttle.

All I know is that they have issues when they host it's annual Chicagoland Showcase camp with parking.....really interested to see how they handle it....
I’m assuming they will have some availability in the West lot next to Ryan. If they do the golf course lots too they should have decent availability.
Projected less that 15K capacity I think.

Reactions: 4Afan
They could always go to Joliet Memorial Stadium for their home games. Might draw more than they currently do. :D:D

Reactions: ignazio
Pretty sure this is set. Can't commit to Wrigley if the Cubs make the playoffs and I'm guessing the Bears and NU schedules don't line up where they could play consistently at Soldier Field. Plus Soldier Field gets torn up bad enough by the Bears that the turf is trash by mid season.

I thought wherever the Fire play would be the best option for a temporary home. The practice field on the lake will be gorgeous, but a logistical nightmare.
The Fire play at Soldier Field. Fire use to play in Bridgeview.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT