ADVERTISEMENT

No Cutler...

No, but I still don't want Cutler. I was also against the Tribisky selection in the draft but lets give him a try.
This is not about wanting or not wanting Cutler. It is an example of getting rid of a QB and signing one who is worse. I think the Trubisky draft pick was needed. But I am not going to bash Glennon because I would be acting like the Cutler haters. The team itself is a mess.

Reactions: Gene K.
This is not about wanting or not wanting Cutler. It is an example of getting rid of a QB and signing one who is worse. I think the Trubisky draft pick was needed. But I am not going to bash Glennon because I would be acting like the Cutler haters. The team itself is a mess.
It was time for both the team and Cutler to move on. It's fairly obvious Glennon was brought on board to be a "placeholder". Most of his guaranteed money is in the first year. We get your point. No one is disputing it. The Bears have numerous problems over and above the QB position. But let's not pretend Cutler was a better option. He had worn out his welcome in Chicago. The Bears were correct to move on. One can question their move of signing Glennon (it seemed they were bidding against themselves). But, at least it appears as if they have a long-term solution to their never-ending QB problems in Trubisky. Of course, only time will tell. The big question this year is how soon they throw him into the fire.

I never wanted Glennon. I know it sounds like I'm against all QB's. I really dont give a darn who the Bears QB would be right now. I just did not want Cutler because he is not a leader.
I wanted the 3 draft picks instead of Tribisky and build and get younger on the d-line and rest of the defense. I would have picked a TE like the Bears did and maybe an o-lineman. The time was not right yet to pick your future QB. Maybe next year or in two years after the rest of the problems are solved. That's my viewpoint here.

I watched Tribisky for 3 college games and was not impressed. Hope I'm wrong.

My pick went down the toilet in that game. I had a feeling when Miami was up 20-10 in the 3rd quarter they would pull it off. Then I thought about Cutler and thought, well.... But give him credit today. Not that it matters. Miami isn't going anywhere.

Yea most threads don't last this long because someone says something stupid and Edgy has to flush it..

So here’s a real question.

Trubisky has been stellar no doubt. His ability to keep a play alive, escape a rush and utilize his legs in the running game, or find time for an open receiver downfield , have been an immense part of the offense to date. In some ways he reminds me of Rodgers escapability (we will end any and all Rodgers comparisons there, let’s not get ahead of ourselves). Utilizing him on a play action roll out is a killer.

But part of me looks at his body of work, the plays in which he’s effective and not and wonders - is this not a Cutleresque skill set? Are we seeing the emergence of a true franchise quarterback or are we seeing someone with the same skill set as Cutler who actually has a head coach, OC and enough playmakers surrounding him to make the offense a viable NFL threat?

In short - could Cutler ( or really a number of QBs) be just as effective in this offense? With these skills positions? This defense behind him? This play calling?

Don’t mistake me - I’m loving where the Bears are and are going. But I have to think, beyond all the personal pick ups, Mack, and the continued development of Trubisky, the true heroes of this season thus far are the coaching staff. What Nagy, VC, and staff have done this year have been nothing short of amazing. Kudos to them and here’s to keeping this run going. Pray that we’ve finally landed on the franchise coach that this organization has been looking for since Lovie.

So here’s a real question.

Trubisky has been stellar no doubt. His ability to keep a play alive, escape a rush and utilize his legs in the running game, or find time for an open receiver downfield , have been an immense part of the offense to date. In some ways he reminds me of Rodgers escapability (we will end any and all Rodgers comparisons there, let’s not get ahead of ourselves). Utilizing him on a play action roll out is a killer.

But part of me looks at his body of work, the plays in which he’s effective and not and wonders - is this not a Cutleresque skill set? Are we seeing the emergence of a true franchise quarterback or are we seeing someone with the same skill set as Cutler who actually has a head coach, OC and enough playmakers surrounding him to make the offense a viable NFL threat?

In short - could Cutler ( or really a number of QBs) be just as effective in this offense? With these skills positions? This defense behind him? This play calling?

Don’t mistake me - I’m loving where the Bears are and are going. But I have to think, beyond all the personal pick ups, Mack, and the continued development of Trubisky, the true heroes of this season thus far are the coaching staff. What Nagy, VC, and staff have done this year have been nothing short of amazing. Kudos to them and here’s to keeping this run going. Pray that we’ve finally landed on the franchise coach that this organization has been looking for since Lovie.

Please don’t compare Trubisky to Cutler. Trubisky is already better and a much better leader. Let’s give the young guy a chance. He has shown he is getting better every game and every year. The Bears are playing great let’s all enjoy it.
Go Bears!

Reactions: stonedlizard
Why the hell are we still talking about Jay Cutler 3 years later? How about them 85 Bears?

Reactions: LAguy
I agree with you Corey! Different player, younger with arrow pointing up potential and much better leadership. Better team player too. Humble and not arrogant. Cares about his teammates success.

There is no reason to compare Trubisky to Cutler. But the question seems to be whether Cutler would have done better with the cast Trubisky has. Probably so if you include the coaching. I like Trubisky more as a person. Cutler seemed disinterested most of the time. Trubisky is very smart in that he is staying off social media. That in itself is a sign of maturity.

There is no reason to compare Trubisky to Cutler. But the question seems to be whether Cutler would have done better with the cast Trubisky has. Probably so if you include the coaching. I like Trubisky more as a person. Cutler seemed disinterested most of the time. Trubisky is very smart in that he is staying off social media. That in itself is a sign of maturity.

LTHSALUM76
You answered your own question. He seemed disinterested. That says it all. He would not of done what Trubisky is doing. Cutler was never a winner. Look at how he faired through out his career. His W-L 51-51.

LTHSALUM76
You answered your own question. He seemed disinterested. That says it all. He would not of done what Trubisky is doing. Cutler was never a winner. Look at how he faired through out his career. His W-L 51-51.
I personally think Cutler would have done better than he did with this supporting cast and coaching. I was no Cutler fan but the last few years he basically had nothing to work with either, including a defense. Does that mean I think he could lead this team to a Championship? No, not necessarily. But he did lead his team to an NFC championship game.

The arrow is pointing up with Trubisky, no doubt. I like what I see and the people who are no longer here had to go, including Cutler. But any QB is only as good as the people around him too.

I personally think Cutler would have done better than he did with this supporting cast and coaching. I was no Cutler fan but the last few years he basically had nothing to work with either, including a defense. Does that mean I think he could lead this team to a Championship? No, not necessarily. But he did lead his team to an NFC championship game.

The arrow is pointing up with Trubisky, no doubt. I like what I see and the people who are no longer here had to go, including Cutler. But any QB is only as good as the people around him too.

Yup agree. The team is more than just the QB but the QB is the leader and the team goes as he goes. Cutler was no leader and was never going to be a leader. Career record 51-51. If we’re being honest his teammates never respected him.

This thread needs to D I E!

How can it live and the dumpster fire thread did not. Life is so unfair! ;)

I’d start a petition - but I can’t write like the Richards parent association. I thought I was reading a foreign language in that windbag of a petition.

Yup agree. The team is more than just the QB but the QB is the leader and the team goes as he goes. Cutler was no leader and was never going to be a leader. Career record 51-51. If we’re being honest his teammates never respected him.
The only player who said he had no respect for Cutler had problems with other teams as well. Hardly a credible source.

But, that is all in the past. Time to move forward. I am sure there are people out there still complaining about their ex-wives or ex-husbands too.

My faith first and foremost is with this coaching staff. Looks like we will see if my question has any merit with Chase starting this week...

Trubisky doubtful for tomorrow. Chase Daniel to the rescue!

:(:(:(:(

From the Tribune:

"On Thursday, the team officially Trubisky as doubtful for Thursday’s game against the Lions — but the Bears haven’t officially ruled him out, still wanting to see how his injured throwing shoulder progresses."

I asked my 9 year old daughter to read this. She started laughing and said, "Daddy this is silly. It doesn't make any sense."

Anyone around want to talk more about the 10 year nightmare Cutler brought to Chicago?

Anyone around want to talk more about the 10 year nightmare Cutler brought to Chicago?

Lol
This thread has been brought back from the dead. Cutler was and is a nothing. Trubisky has already did more than Cuter ever did in his short young career. The Bears are in much better shape since Trubisky came to the Bears. Every year Mitch gets more confidence and he has improved. This is something Cutler never could do in his career.

I never wanted Glennon. I know it sounds like I'm against all QB's. I really dont give a darn who the Bears QB would be right now. I just did not want Cutler because he is not a leader.
I wanted the 3 draft picks instead of Tribisky and build and get younger on the d-line and rest of the defense. I would have picked a TE like the Bears did and maybe an o-lineman. The time was not right yet to pick your future QB. Maybe next year or in two years after the rest of the problems are solved. That's my viewpoint here.

I watched Tribisky for 3 college games and was not impressed. Hope I'm wrong.

You watched Tribisky in a total of three college games and could form a opinion different than Bears scouts ?

So you are a professional evaluator of Quarterbacks ?

What was the difference between Tribisky and Patrick Mahomes in your "expert opinion " ?

Was it throwing mechanics , reaction timing, ability to check down to fourth and fifth options by reading fronts and coverages, running ability ......

You've likely coached at the Pop Warner level and don't know a good quarterback from a used tire !

Please don’t compare Trubisky to Cutler. Trubisky is already better and a much better leader. Let’s give the young guy a chance. He has shown he is getting better every game and every year. The Bears are playing great let’s all enjoy it.
Go Bears!
You do know that Cutler and Tribisky played in different offensive schemes ?

Cutler played during the end of Erhardt Perkins Offensive philosophy used by the Bears where he had to to be efficient in the weather in Soldier Field where the
Offensive Coordinator implemented a heavy run game and short passing game .

He had fewer reads than the current Spread offense that Tribisky, using Run/Pass options and getting the ball down field with more passing options and check downs while using the running game less !

Two different offensive philosophy's and like comparing apples to oranges !

Cutler had a quick release and Intelligence and would have done better in today's Spread 10 P 2x2 , 3x1, 3x2 than he did under Center.

How would Tribisky have done in the same offense ( 21 & 22 P ) with more limited play options would be more telling of who is the better Quarterback !

Cutler played during the end of Erhardt Perkins Offensive philosophy used by the Bears where he had to to be efficient in the weather in Soldier Field where the

He had fewer reads than the current Spread offense that Tribisky, using Run/Pass options and getting the ball down field with more passing options and check downs while using the running game less !

Cutler had a quick release and Intelligence and would have done better in today's Spread 10 P 2x2 , 3x1, 3x2 than he did under Center.

How would Tribisky have done in the same offense ( 21 & 22 P ) with more limited play options would be more telling of who is the better Quarterback !

Hope they both do well. I am no expert but watch a lot of college football. Coming out of college I liked Mahomes so much better than Tribisky. I thought Mahomes was explosive and reminded me of Elway. Tribisky never impressed me in college. I thought he was more a game manager QB.

Tribisky made great strides last year and reminds me of a Fran Tarkenten type of QB if he gets there.

Overall I feel Mahomes will be the better NFL QB but hoping Mitch keeps improving.

So what has Cutler ever done in the NFL? Nothing. He was certainly not a leader.

Whose Tribisky? I thought Mitchell Trubisky was the Bears QB.

So what has Cutler ever done in the NFL? Nothing. He was certainly not a leader.
What have you ever done is the bigger question ?

Cutler made millions and played over a decade
Whose Tribisky? I thought Mitchell Trubisky was the Bears QB.
Likely you are his best friend and had lunch with him yesterday !

Didn't you also play and Coach on the 1963 World Champion Chicago Bears beating out Ditka for the Left Out position and then Vice President under Nixon ?

Or you started ahead of Michael Jordan in High School and reason he was cut or you are a Vietnam War veteran with the Medal of Honor ?

You've got more " stories " than Commander McBragg !

You should change your screen name to "Tall Tale newt " or " I'm a Big Boy newt " either more accurate and truthful !

I bet you know Jay Cutler as well , mowing his lawn every Wednesday afternoon !

Yet he passed for over 35,000 yards , completed 62% of his passes and threw for 227 touchdowns and was a First Round draft pick making millions !

And your Resume would be ?????

Is someone willing to post something really crazy that just makes Edgy kill this thread because that's what I think needs to happen.

Reactions: mchsalumni
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT