ADVERTISEMENT

New Video: 20 Minutes with Glenwood HC David Hay

Enjoyed the interview.

Chatham has the most returning offensive firepower in the CS8. They get 2 more years of QB Colton Knoedler who threw for almost 2,400 yards and 30 TD's as a Sophomore. He ran for 5 TD's as well. The Titans also return their top 4 WR's, who accounted for over 2,000 yards and 26 TD's in '23. Will they stay in their pass-first playoff mode in '24 or try to return to a more balanced offensive attack?

What is unclear now is whether the Titans can develop a defense that can assist in making a deep 6A playoff run. They were very undersized last year and gave up 51 and 59 points in the final 2 playoff games, although to be fair the 59 points scored by Washington included 2 defensive TD's.

Last edited:
All.... I mentioned this before I watched the Titans play Washington in Chatham. A lot of my focus was on those receivers.

I'm no OC but the routes they were running at least in that game (and against SHG) were pretty vanilla in nature. Those four now have the experience. If they put in a bit more "razzle dazzle" route plays as well as allow those receivers to break off if necessary it will be real trouble for the CS8 in terms of stopping them with all that speed.

The center is back. Not sure how many others on the line return. The top rb's have graduated but finding good rb's has never been a problem for the Titans. Young Mr. Knoedler at qb I'm sure has also learned not to hold onto the ball but get rid it should trouble present itself. I will be very surprised if Chatham doesn't pass much more then running the ball.

The Titans even with four losses averaged 36 per game. No reason with what they have coming back it can't bump up to almost 50. Should that happen the defense might not have to be that great.

Playing the Tigers week one will tell much. Keeping that game close enough for a chance to win would be a confirmation on this teams strength. At the very least they will be 2-1 when the Rockets come calling the following week. Ratsy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT