ADVERTISEMENT

McCaravan

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
I went out there and watched the scrimmage Sat. Looks like AJ is at C. Pettigrew at 3rd. 2b I guess is still open. Lewis is dialed in already at the leadoff spot. Almost killed a pitcher with a line drive. thank God for the bat restrictions.Thomas went yard. They have him 3rd now and moved to Center. Novosel also went yard he is in Right. Hard for me to critique the pitching not sure who all threw and they only went an inning.. Lost a ton up the middle with Kapers (also closer), Ako who is starting at Michigan and Munoz. Def tons of talent out there just need pitching to step up beyond Hupe and solidify 2nd.

Last edited:
The Caravan come in at #5 in PBR's rankings. Just read the write-up. Loaded with D1 talent again.

With Laurence at #14, Rice at #8, MC at #5 and Rita and Provi somewhere in the top 4....one could make the case that the CCL Blue might be the strongest it's ever been.

The Caravan come in at #5 in PBR's rankings. Just read the write-up. Loaded with D1 talent again.

With Laurence at #14, Rice at #8, MC at #5 and Rita and Provi somewhere in the top 4....one could make the case that the CCL Blue might be the strongest it's ever been.
5 teams within the top 14 in the state, pretty impressive. Even more impressive is that all five of those schools are competing for a lot of the same kids every year. Quite a pool of talent.

Wheaton SF really picked the wrong year to enter the Blue. MC has talent but still questions to be answered. Mainstays at C (as well as the closer) and 2nd are gone and a guy who went 12-0. Need another starter to step up. I did not see their top few guys last Sat in the scrimmage. The first 5 guys in the lineup are all D1 in Lewis, Houston, Thomas, Seymour, Pettigrew. I will see them at Richards weather permitting in a few weeks. I plan to see JC-BR rice as well Friday weather permitting.

Did you make it to the JC/BR game? If so, what did you think? Thought I saw a final of JC 3 BR 0.
I got there in 3rd. Saw Fellows 1 inning bot 3. Was worth the trip to see an inning. Hes the best pitcher i have ever seen in high school. It was cold so on the gun he was 89 90 but the movement was unbelievable. He went 3 stuck out 8. We will be watching him in the CWS next year for Vandy. Unhittable

I went out there and watched the scrimmage Sat. Looks like AJ is at C. Pettigrew at 3rd. 2b I guess is still open. Lewis is dialed in already at the leadoff spot. Almost killed a pitcher with a line drive. thank God for the bat restrictions.Thomas went yard. They have him 3rd now and moved to Center. Novosel also went yard he is in Right. Hard for me to critique the pitching not sure who all threw and they only went an inning.. Lost a ton up the middle with Kapers (also closer), Ako who is starting at Michigan and Munoz. Def tons of talent out there just need pitching to step up beyond Hupe and solidify 2nd.
Sorry Dean, I just caught this. Looks like MC is a bit slow out of the gate, granted they are 6-1, but they have could easily be 4-3. It's early and mistakes will be made, and Hurry will get them rolling. Hitting seems to be great with Lewis, Thomas, Houston, Novosel and Seymore, but I'm not sold on the pitching....Hupe had a bad outing against Sacred Heart, I know that's gonna happen, it's baseball...Spear is doing good...but a lot of things are going to be have to go right to win this loaded Blue Conference and State. If they tighten up their defense and Hupe and Spears become dominate, I like our chances because our batting order is one of the best in the State, if not the best.

I am concerned when u look at what Rita, Rice, Laurence are doing vs top of the line out of state competition this past week. Rita won the SC tourney, Rice went 4-0 in KY, StL took 3rd in AZ losing to Vegas Gorman (onc a 3-2 game) MC has not really played anyone good-with exception of SHG -and lost with Hupe. They were losing 3-0 to GBS then the rains came.

I am concerned when u look at what Rita, Rice, Laurence are doing vs top of the line out of state competition this past week. Rita won the SC tourney, Rice went 4-0 in KY, StL took 3rd in AZ losing to Vegas Gorman (onc a 3-2 game) MC has not really played anyone good-with exception of SHG -and lost with Hupe. They were losing 3-0 to GBS then the rains came.
We share the same brain because I had the same concerns...I was very surprised we didn't play in an out of state tourney over the break, we have normally done so in the past. We needed a walk off to beat Highland Park in extra innings....it's early and I have complete confidence in Coach Hurry, but I'm a bit concerned. Going to be some great baseball once the league play starts!

do you think that they can overcome it and get back on track.
Anything is possible with this game, and I love anything Mt. Carmel, but being a avid sports fan as well, I wouldn't bet on it. Hupe and Spear are going to have to get a lot of run support and be ready to go on short rest. Pitching win Championships...Providence was a 10 loss team last season, but they got some luck and used their pitching properly and won it all. BR has 4 guys that could be #1's on any teams staff so, right now, it's theirs to lose unless something goes wrong, and as we all know, that happens very often in baseball.

Reactions: biglatte
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT