ADVERTISEMENT

MC Sectional: Who gets #1 seed?

Wittymoniker1

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
La Grange Park, IL
DOS???

MC 22 - 3 or SR 21 - 4? I think SR has played a tougher schedule, no? I wish a two-game series would have been played already, for an easier decision to be made.

Think about the old days. The 8 team Regional ud have SR,MC,StL 1-3 then DLS 4th. And youd have to win a game Thr then Sat then Monday Memorial Day to win it. It really meant something then.

I'll be honest with you, I'm glad that's not the case anymore. Just imagine for 2011 season with the records that these teams have obtained. It's similiar to the damn "quad" situation that I despise.

According to the IHSA:

1. SR
2. MC
3. Simeon
4. OPRF

MC has a better overall and conference record to this point. I'm guessing Rita's tougher schedule put them at #1.

SR has already played StL and PC while MC now has PC and SR 4 straight. I really dont know how they have their pitching set up. Not sure who threw vs LA. I really like Kelly (lhp) for MC. He doesnt have the best "stuff" on staff but just gets it done. Throws strikes,holds runners. Ball tails away from righties and changes speeds well. Beat DLS 4-1 in last game he threw and before that Ignatius 6-2.
This post was edited on 5/6 11:53 AM by DeanOfSelection

i didnt even realize they did seeds already until i just read PC/Plainfield article. Doesnt make a whole lotta sense to me, U think theyd wait til after regular season.

MC if u look at their non-conf really didnt deserve the 1. When I was there schedule way tougher.

I mean there are TEN regular season games left. What if MC sweeps SR(not saying they will-probably split.)

I 100% agree with you. I think the MC Sectional is very tough. SR will face Fenwick in Round 2, then either DLS/OPRF in Round 3.

If SR advances, then it's probably MC with the winner lucky enough to face Larry in the Elite 8--assuming all seeds playout, which we know rarely happens.

If I was in charge

I would have some sort of qualification for the playoffs. I would also have double elim. I would do it like D1 does it. Have Regional hosts. For instance id have PC,Plainfield N hosting double elim regionals. U could then have best of 3 super regionals. Maybe a PC-PN best of 3. Goes without saying 2 classes only 4 is a joke.
This post was edited on 5/9 9:40 PM by DeanOfSelection

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT