ADVERTISEMENT

LWW Sectional

USD24

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Joliet
Its an absolute shame that the Lincoln-Way West sectional is not seeded, but rather each regional in that sectional is seeded. The Brooks sectional, which feeds into the same super-sectional is seeded 1-20, yet the LWW sectional has 4 seeded regionals. THe JCA regional, which is in the LWW sectional, has 3 of its 5 teams ranked in the top 12 in the Chicago area. JCA is seeded #3 out of the five teams in its regional. The following schools are all seeded higher than JCA(Manteno, Bremen, Peotone, RIch Central, Evergreen Park, and Rich Central). It is a joke that either JCA or LWW will be out after the first game and the winner of that game has to face Lemont. The JCA regional is probably as strong as the final four in 3A that we will see in Joliet for the state championship.

USD....you've been around. You know the IH$A does not care if some of the better teams are concentrated in one regional. It's all about geographical representation....not getting the best teams to the finals.

I'll repeat what I said at the beginning of the year, especially after seeing Lemont got the #1 seed in the JCA regional. If they don't win the regional this year, they may never win it. They should be able to save Latz to pitch against the JCA/LWW winner in the regional final.

Its a shame, but that is the IHSA wacky geography for you.

Look at the 4A Andrew Sectional, it pretty much encompases the same geographical area as the 3A Lincoln-Way West Secional, yet Andrew is seeded 1-21, while LWW has 4 regionals.

So strange...

It's dumb because the IHSA bases the decision to not seed that sectional in miles between schools.. but even though the distance between the Kankakee County schools to LWW is large, it's a very quick and easy trip..

Lisle 2A sectional is same way, 3-4 best teams in same regional..

Lemont beat Oak Forest 5-0. Did not throw Latz. The kid they threw, Wright, is a nice pitcher. Now the winner of LWW/JCA today will get to face Latz and Lemont. Looking forward to a good game this afternoon. It is a game that is worthy of a super-sectional, not an opening round regional game.

Lemont won today 6-2. Latz pitched. Lemont fell behind 2-0, but rallied for the win. Great regional win for Lemont. Hope they go on to win championship. Already looking forward to next year. Hilltoppers will be loaded.

U have to think Lemont wins title now. JC I know brings back those 2 aces and I was really impressed with their short stop.who else is back?

JC also brings back their Catcher, 3B, RF, and CF. In addition, the have a stud pitcher from Lockport who is a soph and will be eligible next year. Pretty good group of Sophs that finished 20-7 with 3 sophs playing up.

I just heard about the Lockport transfer this weekend. I can't recall JC getting a Lockport transfer in any sport....let alone baseball, which is typically Lockport's best sport. It might be indicative of the overall state of Lockport athletics and the school in general with the overcrowding etc.

Regional title game : Lemont 6 JCA 2
Sectional title game: Lemont 6 Manteno 0

Really worthy of a total revamp of the IHSA structure??

Originally posted by HHSTigerFan:
Regional title game : Lemont 6 JCA 2
Sectional title game: Lemont 6 Manteno 0

Really worthy of a total revamp of the IHSA structure??
Lemont did not play JCA. Not sure your point. Manteno would not win a game in the JCA regional.

sorry about the typo, meant to say LWW vs Lemont... point being, scores vs LWW and Manteno pretty comparable, perhaps a lot of whining for nothing..

So help me out here, when a LWW kid is struck out by a 92 mph pitch from a Lemont pitcher, it counts as more of an out than when he grounds out on a 68 mph pitch from a Manteno kid?? You come up with this, that and everything else, but end of the day they were still comparable scores.. and Manteno was probably the 4th best team in the I-8...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT