ADVERTISEMENT

LA at CoM

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007

This will be only the second meeting between the Ramblers and Corsairs — and the first since the 1999 Prep Bowl playoffs. Loyola finished the season at 5-4 and Carmel at 4-5, neither making the IHSA playoffs. Ramblers won 22-21 in overtime - behind a 4th down score and 2-point conversion by the late, great fullback Jon Schwabe.

I am not upset that MC did not have to return the favor and play there this season. Only time MC did play up there it was a barnburner in '97; 49-34.

I am not upset that MC did not have to return the favor and play there this season. Only time MC did play up there it was a barnburner in '97; 49-34.
Really wish they did play this season. Would probably be a good game.

Hoping the next iteration of CCL/ESCC divisions includes the CCL/ESCC Brown. The three Carmelite schools plus I guess you need a fourth. Fenwick's black is close enough to brown I suppose.

Reactions: Silver Rain
My memory is thinking they played each other in Mundelein around 2000? Any insight if CCHS is ready for another deep run in the playoffs? Suppose the Loyola game may be an indication.

Last edited:
Dean, I love barnburners (that we win) and are within easy driving distance. I was looking forward to going back there.

With the new CCL/ESCC realignment this year how did Carmel not get a beefed up conference schedule? That’s a really good draw for a team that didn’t need one.

With the new CCL/ESCC realignment this year how did Carmel not get a beefed up conference schedule? That’s a really good draw for a team that didn’t need one.
I haven't seen their schedule, but playing MC last year and LA this year, well it can't get much tougher than that.

I was at that game. Every time CoM would get within 10 points or so MC would respond. Still it was exciting, and probably the first CoM team that belonged on the same field with MC.

Reactions: Silver Rain
Wouldn't be surprised to see CoM give the Ramblers a game. Last year, CC went 10-2, losing only to MC and Nazareth. They played MC close for the first three quarters, intercepting Elliott once. This year, the Corsairs have a soph quarterback who already has an offer from Michigan. Head coach Jason McKie is a former Bear, as is their offensive line coach, the great Olin Kreutz.

Last edited:
Reactions: jocas1259
Wouldn't be surprised to see CoM give the Ramblers a game. Last year, CC went 9-2, losing only to MC and Nazareth. They played MC close for the first three quarters, intercepting Elliott once. This year, the Corsairs have a soph quarterback who already has an offer from Michigan. Head coach Jason McKie is a former Bear, as is their offensive line coach, the great Olin Kreutz.
Was he not the QB last year?

Was he not the QB last year?
Last year Johnny Weber was their main QB, although Trae Taylor, then a freshman, saw a lot of playing time. The Corsairs clocked three or four teams. Taylor's videos on MaxPreps are worth looking at.

Last edited:
Reactions: PowerI66

This will be only the second meeting between the Ramblers and Corsairs — and the first since the 1999 Prep Bowl playoffs. Loyola finished the season at 5-4 and Carmel at 4-5, neither making the IHSA playoffs. Ramblers won 22-21 in overtime - behind a 4th down score and 2-point conversion by the late, great fullback Jon Schwabe.
Andy Bitto’s second year as HC, and when the PB playoffs began in ‘99 he had Frosh/Soph level kids all over the field, laying the foundation for their most successful run of football ever (‘01/‘02/‘03), going 38-3, winning the PB and a 6A Championship.

A week (8) close loss vs. Leo kept the Corsairs on the outside looking-in. They held the tie-breaker in conference (beat DLS head-to-head), and would have been a playoff qualifier in ‘99.

Even had some success in ‘00, finishing 9-5 overall, and losing a tough 1st round playoff opener in an electric game @ Libertyville (28-21 loss).

Looking forward to the match-up with LA.
None better than the Ramblers program, IMO.

Last edited:
After watching LA carve up probably the best public school D in the state, I don't see CCHS hanging with LA. JMO of course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT