ADVERTISEMENT

Johnsburg

Oddy

Aug 28, 2008
Thinking of seeing the game in Johnsburg Friday night. Anyone know anything about the parking and seating?

Thinking of seeing the game in Johnsburg Friday night. Anyone know anything about the parking and seating?

Parking pretty on par with that of a 4A school. Seating not bad, good sized home seating and average away seating.

Agree with Oddy. With good weather, and considering it is Johnsburg's 1st ever semifinal appearance, should be SRO. Parking should not be an issue.

Johnsburg is probably sick of running into Phillips every year.

For my money, Herscher with a balanced O and a better pass game, was probably better equipped to beat Phillips, but I will give Johnsburg an outside chance to pull the upset at home.

Johnsburg gave up over 500 yards to Manteno... their strength is running the ball... seems like bad mix vs Phillips

They didn't have to pass against Manteno.

I don't know if they can pass a lick, but if they are smart and did their homework, they will be working on the passing game this week.

They didn't have to pass against Manteno.

I don't know if they can pass a lick, but if they are smart and did their homework, they will be working on the passing game this week.

QB was 11/17 155 against Manteno, mostly on short stuff.. so can pass a little..

Was 21-6 last year and I would argue that Phillips, still very good, was a better team last year. Johnsburg returned their team from last year. Think it will be closer than most think. Hersher had several chances in that game to stay in it. Fake punt on their own 20 on 4th and 20 killed them. Several picks also. JBurg averages over 40 points a game. Manteno QB was very good...didn't see equal qb play at Phillips.

Johnsburg has ran into Phillips the past 2 years averaging over 40 points a game and has been shutout and held to 6 points the past 2 years. The same will happen this Friday. A big difference in the level of these 2 teams. Johnsburg relies on the run, Phillips shuts the run down. Herscher had negative rushing yards Saturday. Peete will be shut down like he has been the past 2 years. Mosby, back after a game off, will run for 300 yards and yet Peete will be the one who gets recognized on the all-state team. Go figure.

21-6 and was competitive last year. Johnsburg fumbled going into the end zone also before half. Hersher did have negative yards. It their starting back and MLB was injured on second or third drive. Pete is a very good RB. Not arguing the talent on Phillips at all, they're loaded. Just think Johnsburg is improved and may surprise.

21-6 and was competitive last year. Johnsburg fumbled going into the end zone also before half. Hersher did have negative yards. It their starting back and MLB was injured on second or third drive. Pete is a very good RB. Not arguing the talent on Phillips at all, they're loaded. Just think Johnsburg is improved and may surprise.

It was 28-6 and Johnsburg did nothing on offense the entire game. Phillips used it's backup QB that game as well which kept the score down. You saw what he did against Manteno and Althoff in the title game. Mosby ran for 282 yards to Peete's 64.

MaxPreps had it at 21-6...didn't that "back up" QB go to Uconn on a full ride? We'll see what happens.

MaxPreps had it at 21-6...didn't that "back up" QB go to Uconn on a full ride? We'll see what happens.
Skanes was not QB that day. That's what I mean they used a backup QB and why they only scored 28 points. They did not go back to Skanes at QB until after this game.

Skanes was QB that day. Almost positive. I think Phillips turned it over 4 times. They also fumbled the kickoff and lost the ball but there was an inadvertent whistle so the refs made them start the game over. What a way to start the game!

That's what I thought! He was playing. Jburg opened with a surprise onside and recovered, refs blew it dead for no reason.

He played but not at QB. Gibbs, this year's QB was QB that day and went 2 for 10 throwing the ball as a sophomore in his 2nd start.

Maybe it will, hopefully it will.. i really dont want to see Phillips win another title and keep their open enrollment deal going, even more kids will want to go there and be even tougher to beat as long as IHSA refuses to multiply them..

I think Herscher is slightly better than Johnsburg.. and Herscher should have made that game closer but kind got in their own way a few times, so maybe Johnsburg can play a better game..

I've seen both play. I think Johnsburg has a better front 7 on D and better RB. Hersher was a good team though. Really good WR's.

Where are some of the Phillips kids going (or getting recruited)? Just curious. I know they are loaded, just wondering how many D 1 kids they have.

Where are some of the Phillips kids going (or getting recruited)? Just curious. I know they are loaded, just wondering how many D 1 kids they have.

3 I am aware of, a lineman to EIU, Elmore, not the one running the ball last week, to Western Michigan, and Dexter Warren to NIU. Mosby no doubt will play somewhere. Several others will play Division 2. This team doesn't really have one guy that is head and shoulders above the rest, they just have very good talent across the board for a 4A school. They are beatable, but not by Johnsburg, especially with 40 MPH winds. Peete will feel like he is running into a wall all night long.

I've seen both play. I think Johnsburg has a better front 7 on D and better RB. Hersher was a good team though. Really good WR's.

Manteno had over 500 yards offense against Johnsburg, 238 against Herscher.. thats. The only common opponent

Maybe it will, hopefully it will.. i really dont want to see Phillips win another title and keep their open enrollment deal going, even more kids will want to go there and be even tougher to beat as long as IHSA refuses to multiply them..

I think Herscher is slightly better than Johnsburg.. and Herscher should have made that game closer but kind got in their own way a few times, so maybe Johnsburg can play a better game..
you think Herscher is better than every team

Correct....I've seen both teams play, Hersher has a good WR and a decent QB. Had a good year, unfortunate that the RB/MLB got injured. Johnsburg defense I think is much better. Good secondary, and front 7 is tough. DE/OT has offer to Air Force next year. Hersher does not have a runner like Peete. Either way is irrelevant. They aren't playing each other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT