ADVERTISEMENT

Is this a 2 win season for the Bartlett Hawks?

Hernandez03

Silver Member
Aug 30, 2023

What is going on there??? Any info? Ls to West Chicago and East Aurora... How?

trying-to-escape-viralhog.gif

Reactions: Anomalyout28
The Upstate Eight Conference might be the worst conference in Illinois with seven (7) terrible teams. You know it's bad when former DVC doormats Glenbard South and Glenbard East sit at the top of the conference standings. And you heard it here first.. West Chicago (another former DVC doormat) will likely make the playoffs for the first time in memory. I see the Bartlett freshmen finishing 4-5 or 3-6, only because there are some sucky teams left on their schedule. This is the perfect conference for another former DVC doormat to join... West Aurora.

The Upstate Eight Conference might be the worst conference in Illinois with seven (7) terrible teams. You know it's bad when former DVC doormats Glenbard South and Glenbard East sit at the top of the conference standings. And you heard it here first.. West Chicago (another former DVC doormat) will likely make the playoffs for the first time in memory. I see the Bartlett freshmen finishing 4-5 or 3-6, only because there are some sucky teams left on their schedule. This is the perfect conference for another former DVC doormat to join... West Aurora.
West Aurora is probably a better example. Left DVC, dominated the UEC and cant win any conference games in the SPC West

I have heard a lot of the "Bartlett" kids end up at South Elgin because of the District boundaries. Rumor is those boundaries are changing in the near future and things might look better in Bartlett then.

Reactions: Anomalyout28

🤔🤔🤔🤔

Funny how a guy who cheers for NN has alot of negative things to say about schools that have zero compassion to DVC schools. Just because one started in a conference, doesn't mean it's the best thing for their school/kids.

Why so many negative feelings when it comes to kids having an opportunity to win and feel good about themselves? I guess when you have been a spoiled fan of a school, it's easy to judge the have nots.... Keep up the negative for kids feeling good after a game on Friday night. SMH

Reactions: Hernandez03
🤔🤔🤔🤔

Funny how a guy who cheers for NN has alot of negative things to say about schools that have zero compassion to DVC schools. Just because one started in a conference, doesn't mean it's the best thing for their school/kids.

Why so many negative feelings when it comes to kids having an opportunity to win and feel good about themselves? I guess when you have been a spoiled fan of a school, it's easy to judge the have nots.... Keep up the negative for kids feeling good after a game on Friday night. SMH
Are you kidding?? Never ever have I said anything negative about "the kids". Just facts and observations about your really bad football conference. My biggest criticism (in recent years) has been towards school officials in Wheaton for breaking up the DVC, causing scheduling havoc for the remaining teams. And it continues to this day, hurting THE KIDS at our schools. Do you have any compassion for our kids? You left because you weren't winning enough trophies. This is a football discussion board not a emotional support counseling session. West Aurora (enrollment 3,500) is larger than any school in the current DVC. Every game can't end in a tie, maybe you should follow soccer. SMH :rolleyes:

Best they do is 3-6. The big 3 GBS,GBE,SE have average well over 40 points a game against Bartlett the last two years and I dont see that changing this year.

Interesting how that Elgin area has shifted so much with regards to the schools.

In the 80s Larkin was the "good" school over Elgin. In the 90s that shifted over to Bartlett. Now South Elgin has taken that over with an abundance of new real estate and a newer school. Families are finding South Elgin and leaving the other school's boundaries.

Reactions: SEHSSTORM1
Interesting how that Elgin area has shifted so much with regards to the schools.

In the 80s Larkin was the "good" school over Elgin. In the 90s that shifted over to Bartlett. Now South Elgin has taken that over with an abundance of new real estate and a newer school. Families are finding South Elgin and leaving the other school's boundaries.
I think in the 80s, Streamwood was the best option

This is exactly how it works in almost all districts. Look at the Glenbard's, 214, 211, etc. There's always the have's and have not's. Astute point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT