ADVERTISEMENT

IHSA 2011 State Boys Baseball Finals

mpercie

Sep 4, 2001
Notes from Friday's semi-finals of the 2011 IHSA boys baseball finals:

1. Parking is difficult to find at the park. Yes, there are several lots next to Slammers Park but if you go to game #3 there are still people from game #2 in the park. I did find parking just two blocks away for $1.00 at the railroad parking on York St.

2. Biggest crowd I have seen for a semi-final game going all the way back to Kane County Stadium in Geneva. The fans from Prospect HS packed their side of the park. Providence's crowd was almost as large.

3. Concessions lines terrible. I had to stand in line for 30 minutes at the beginning of the Mt. Carmel vs Lyons game just to get a diet Pepsi.

4. I love the Jammers ballpark. It has that "Wrigley Field" feeling but I still would like to see it moved to Road Ranger Park in Loves Park, IL near Rockford. The super sectional games between Prospect HS vs Glenbrook North and Lyons vs Streamwood HS was a delight. The park is easy to get to from the tollway. THey have a huge parking lot right next to the park. And the park is beautiful.

Great weekend of baseball; Congratulations to Lyons and Connor Cuff...additional observations

Seemed a little less congested on Saturday; having never been down there on Friday, it was a journey trying to arrive for the 5 pm game. There were alot of people there on Friday, Saturday was less crowded but still pretty good

Concessions were horrible Friday; they did improve on Saturday. Monday Night; concessions at Road Ranger were equally as bad and the hot dogs were pretty bad

Parking at Silver Cross was not too good. there is a covered lot not too far away; we also parked in a commuter lot on Friday; Sat parked in a Joliet Central parking lot

All In all great weekend of baseball especially if you were pulling for LT.. Great way to finish a wonderful year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT