How will the DVC Play Out in 2015?

Crazy.

Hearing Neuqua Valley opens with the following in 2015

@ Metea Valley (loaded underclass FYI)
@ Naper Cent
vs Waubonsie @ NCC
@ Wheaton South

Edgy,

I'm thinking 2-2 coming out of that at this point, will be interesting to see who gets tapped at QB for Neuqua next year...I know who it should be! Then again Brett Borski would have played a major role in that offense had I been coaching, but why would a 6'7" 235# TE get more than 6 passes thrown to him all season...it's not like his a legit prospect(he is big time) bahhahaha! The talent on the team and walking the halls at Neuqua should make them an easy semis team every year...classic under performer...NOT THE KIDS!

Playoff level game almost every week. WWS and Naper Central have had the most playoff success lately, makes them the favorites.

I think the schedule will do the DVC teams a disservice in the playoffs. It is just too much of a grind.

The teams will look like a mash units by week 9 there are just to many quality teams beating up on each other, it sucks for Naperville Central they drew Batavia as their Upstate 8 cross over game.

Next year I think Wheaton North is the early favorite since they return a ton of talent and have a great Junior class, Wardinski has been building the program up since he got to WN and the next two years are going to his chance to cash in, NC should be very good also.

WWS will be interesting next year since they return some really good pieces but have a lot of question marks. If I was going to make a prediction about WWS it would be I don't know, I could make a good argument for 3-6 or 8-1 but I would guess they will end up somewhere in between.

jwarigaku,

Will be a step up on competition for sure, but I think NV, WV and MV will be better for it in the long run. NN and NC have a long history of 7-2 and 6-3 type seasons, and deep playoff runs. No reason NV and WV can't do that either.

As for the TE position, that's never really been a featured position in this NV offense under coach Ellinghaus. In fact they had a D1 TE 3 years back that caught just 1 pass the entire season. 2 years ago, during their semi final run, the TE did not catch one pass all year. It has nothing to do with a specific player, but rather how they use their WRs, RBs and TEs in their overall offense.

While Borske caught just 6 passes all year, 3 of them were for TDs. From a big picture perspective, that registers as a huge use of the TE by NV standards. Borske will be just fine, don't sweat it. NV's averaged about 24 passing TD's over the last 3 years which must mean they other quite capable receivers, and they do. Isaiah Robertson was a stud this year and Owen Piche emerged as well. Both are just sophs at this point and I expect they'll continue to get the bulk of the throws next year too.

As for NV as a program, there is no question the program has turned the corner under Ellinghaus. It's not 2010 anymore, you can bury that narrative and stop beating a dead horse. NV's had 8 playoff games in the last 3 years and that's probably more games than the 8 YEARS preceeding the coaching change. Certainly a 6-3 season and an early exit were disappointing this year, but the future remains bright at NV. Heck, when potential D1 players decide that transferring is their best option to see the field, that tells you a bit about the talent and now coaching at NV.

As for the QB next year, I'm confident the NV coaching staff will make the best decision, and you should be too.

Cheers

This post was edited on 12/6 12:12 PM by wm4

wm4, what d1 kid transferred because he couldn't see the field at NV?

WM4,

First of welcome to the board and your first post! I take it the TE you are referring to is Scott Simpson, who I believe is still playing at Western Illinois, and his brother was a Jr LB on the Neuqua team, great family, good kids! At first I thought you were referring to Dan Menedez who ended up at Air Force despite the coaches telling him he was NOT a D1 player! I do understand this team quite well and have been accused earlier of this year of being to slighted towards them in their review in late summer. I'm as objective as can be and see them as a consistent underperformer compared to the athletes the bus drops off. The DVC is not the Upstate 8 and will cause consistent problems for Neuqua if they continue on the track they are on. Owen Piche was probably their best possession receiver this season because of his attitude to get the ball regardless of risk to self(that's his hockey mentality shining through) and Borski should have been recognized as that same type of guy, ie when you need 6 yards he'll get it, instead neither of them were recognized and instead Neuqua went to Evan Moore the senior and the Flash of Robertson with the big play chance. Will Robertson be a great receiver? I think he will, but moving the chains 10 yds at a time would have been better served by Piche and Borski. The TD receptions over the last 3 years are greatly skewed by Mikey Dudek don't try to fool anyone here...imagine if he would have played his Sophomore season! Has coach Ellinghouse been an improvement...yes, did he have the Big 10 freshman player of the year for two years...yes he did, help me understand why Dudek had only one offer...he certainly is happy at Illinois, getting a great education, and playing huge...but why only one offer? That points to a program issue. It's not a dead horse I want to see things get better for the individuals it should get better for THE KIDS! The politics have certainly decreased at Neuqua but they are still around, and they do have bearing on which kids play.

I'm with TPS which D1 kids transferred because they couldn't see the field?

So we kinda have an idea what NV brings back but what about the other schools? Who are the returning starters/good players for each team? What is the projected order of finish?

Didn't that player transfer to Nazareth?

Wouldn't think it would be appropriate to name the player on here. Wonder if the player's family moved.
smile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by illini14:

Didn't that player transfer to Nazareth?

Wouldn't think it would be appropriate to name the player on here. Wonder if the player's family moved.
smile.r191677.gif
No player at Nazareth with a D1 offer came from NV.

I have no clue why he transferred, and don't care why. Just shocked no offers. No FCS schools interested?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Kind of surprised no one would be interested in converting him if he is too slow. LB, SS? If he's too slow for RB, SS might be a stretch, but the size is there.

Originally posted by mchsalumni:
Kind of surprised no one would be interested in converting him if he is too slow. LB, SS? If he's too slow for RB, SS might be a stretch, but the size is there.
I like him at OLB at the next level.

Originally posted by epicbret:

Originally posted by mchsalumni:

I like him at OLB at the next level.
+1

WM4,

First of welcome to the board and your first post! I take it the TE you are referring to is Scott Simpson, who I believe is still playing at Western Illinois, and his brother was a Jr LB on the Neuqua team, great family, good kids! At first I thought you were referring to Dan Menedez who ended up at Air Force despite the coaches telling him he was NOT a D1 player! I do understand this team quite well and have been accused earlier of this year of being to slighted towards them in their review in late summer. I'm as objective as can be and see them as a consistent underperformer compared to the athletes the bus drops off. The DVC is not the Upstate 8 and will cause consistent problems for Neuqua if they continue on the track they are on. Owen Piche was probably their best possession receiver this season because of his attitude to get the ball regardless of risk to self(that's his hockey mentality shining through) and Borski should have been recognized as that same type of guy, ie when you need 6 yards he'll get it, instead neither of them were recognized and instead Neuqua went to Evan Moore the senior and the Flash of Robertson with the big play chance. Will Robertson be a great receiver? I think he will, but moving the chains 10 yds at a time would have been better served by Piche and Borski. The TD receptions over the last 3 years are greatly skewed by Mikey Dudek don't try to fool anyone here...imagine if he would have played his Sophomore season! Has coach Ellinghouse been an improvement...yes, did he have the Big 10 freshman player of the year for two years...yes he did, help me understand why Dudek had only one offer...he certainly is happy at Illinois, getting a great education, and playing huge...but why only one offer? That points to a program issue. It's not a dead horse I want to see things get better for the individuals it should get better for THE KIDS! The politics have certainly decreased at Neuqua but they are still around, and they do have bearing on which kids play.

I'm with TPS which D1 kids transferred because they couldn't see the field?
Wow, that was an interesting read.

Thats a funny read NV kids.

1st off Mr Dean not only would have started on both sides at Neauqa they fought his leaving after he was attacked. Yes parents and coaches going to the Deans house when the parents wanted to pull him as a sophomore, but feel free to ask Mrs Dean she can tell you the date and time each NV coach and parent came by her home. She kept very good records.

2nd The family was not required to move

3rd To slow?? I do not recall anyone in the Escc a far more difficult conference than the upstate 8 catching him from behind. This is the same player who rushed for over 2000 yards and sat out 14 qtrs because of blow outs.

4th he ended up at the place he should have and is doing very well. I have a strange feeling by 2016 he will find his way onto the field.

Thats a funny read NV kids.

1st off Mr Dean not only would have started on both sides at Neauqa they fought his leaving after he was attacked. Yes parents and coaches going to the Deans house when the parents wanted to pull him as a sophomore, but feel free to ask Mrs Dean she can tell you the date and time each NV coach and parent came by her home. She kept very good records.

2nd The family was not required to move

3rd To slow?? I do not recall anyone in the Escc a far more difficult conference than the upstate 8 catching him from behind. This is the same player who rushed for over 2000 yards and sat out 14 qtrs because of blow outs.

4th he ended up at the place he should have and is doing very well. I have a strange feeling by 2016 he will find his way onto the field.

For a RB at a big FBS Schools yes FCS no. I thought they would be all over him for LB.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT