ADVERTISEMENT

Homewood-Flossmoor Class 8A State Champs 2015

As a die-hard SR fan who was crushed the following week, I admit that the 88 HF v MC game is one of the all-time greats; would nice to see a rematch of those two teams this year.

As a die-hard SR fan who was crushed the following week, I admit that the 88 HF v MC game is one of the all-time greats; would nice to see a rematch of those two teams this year.
that was a wild ending for sure

Not if MC is 8A. Also, I'm certain that LA and GBW (if 8A) will have something to say about your prediction, Domer. Did you go to ND? Or, do you just have a fighting Irish calf tattoo?

Reactions: ignazio
It was painful watching MC beat SR at 'The Pit', especially when SR was leading heading into the 4th and given how tough that SR squad was, but for MC to beat HF, SR (at 'The Pit'), and East St. Louis (incredibly talented) in consecutive weeks was damn impressive. Hard for me to imagine a more impressive title run than MC in 88.

It was painful watching MC beat SR at 'The Pit', especially when SR was leading heading into the 4th and given how tough that SR squad was, but for MC to beat HF, SR (at 'The Pit'), and East St. Louis (incredibly talented) in consecutive weeks was damn impressive. Hard for me to imagine a more impressive title run than MC in 88.
unquestionably that was it. HF was #1 Chicago area, MC had not beaten Rita at the Pit in I think 21 years and EStL was #1 state wide

Domer, having great athletes does not necessarily equal state championships. It's how they play together that makes the difference. You've got a good coach an players. You have a good chance. But plenty of good coaches and players got stopped before the championship game...

Good luck to HF (except when they play LWE)

That is all........

dWDjAZF.gif

Reactions: mc140
ugh, same old same old responses here hatin on HF....wow

If you aren't banned you will disappear like the troll you are the first time they lose. You do more damage to the HF image then previous coach did leading them to a 1-8 record.

Domer, having great athletes does not necessarily equal state championships. It's how they play together that makes the difference. You've got a good coach an players. You have a good chance. But plenty of good coaches and players got stopped before the championship game...

Good luck to HF (except when they play LWE)

He doesn't know. He had a kid with 10 receptions on the season as being a Big Ten caliber player a few years ago.

Well, in the old days, that was more than enough . . .

"Three things can happen when you pass and two of them are bad." -- Woody Hayes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT