ADVERTISEMENT

Glenbard West

That kid pictured in that article is an absolute beast...Jackson Goleash. Pretty sure he will be #3 and he is fearless. Played a big part in two state titles last year for football and rugby.

He will be in that stable of backs Bones and Edgy has him as preseason WSS MVP
Those two and Skinner is back, no?

Who are the other ball carriers?

Those two and Skinner is back, no?

Who are the other ball carriers?
Skinner is gone, off to Drake.

Dre Thomas should see alot of time back there, good athlete. From what I've seen probably would have been on varsity at most programs last year if he wasn't at GW.
Not sure who else. I imagine you'll see a lot of Thomas, Moorehead, Goleash, and it sounds like 1-2 more from people closer to the program than I am.

Reactions: Nathomas
DJ Ficarella could have a very productive year. Was 3rd option last year after Brods and Skinner but got hurt in a freak play near end of Proviso West game. He is a tough runner that will chew up yards.

"...Hetlet isn't worried about much with this team -- especially with a senior class that hasn't lost a high school game."

http://football.dailyherald.com/article/20160819/sports/160818920/

I didn't know this class hasn't lost a game +5...

That was built into the original walk..."undefeated as sophomore +1"

I also said it in another thread that this class is the only class to enter into their senior class undefeated. But that doesn't mean they are the best class. Crazy things happen over four years. This class has yet to experience that, but may in week 1 if they start thinking about anything other than Brook.

Having read all the articles in the news, and many of the posts here, I'd just say that there are several names missing from all this that everyone will be talking about in about 5 weeks. The GW offense needs a few games to get things clicking, but they are going to be very good. The defense ( GW rarely has much size on the D line) will shock many people this year. As previously stated, the QB just needs to get his sea legs, the O line needs a little time to get in sync (I was an O lineman in HS and it's a lot harder than many know), and I'd like to see booming kicks early on this season. All the pieces are there for a great season.

One. More. Week.

Having read all the articles in the news, and many of the posts here, I'd just say that there are several names missing from all this that everyone will be talking about in about 5 weeks. The GW offense needs a few games to get things clicking, but they are going to be very good. The defense ( GW rarely has much size on the D line) will shock many people this year. As previously stated, the QB just needs to get his sea legs, the O line needs a little time to get in sync (I was an O lineman in HS and it's a lot harder than many know), and I'd like to see booming kicks early on this season. All the pieces are there for a great season.

One. More. Week.

Lets hope so on the bolded!

That was built into the original walk..."undefeated as sophomore +1"

I also said it in another thread that this class is the only class to enter into their senior class undefeated. But that doesn't mean they are the best class. Crazy things happen over four years. This class has yet to experience that, but may in week 1 if they start thinking about anything other than Brook.
They have a battle in week 2 with a team that played them tough as nails last year...

bottom line. last time i was at a bolingbrook game the brook got upset by some terrible team and bones left with some guys and did not even say goodbye to me. true story. sad.

bottom line. last time i was at a bolingbrook game the brook got upset by some terrible team and bones left with some guys and did not even say goodbye to me. true story. sad.
Imagine getting blown out at home by St ViatorS

Had on my green & white to go to the scrimmage this morning and be undetected... then the torrential downpour came.

Reactions: Wild_Mustang
Had on my green & white to go to the scrimmage this morning and be undetected... then the torrential downpour came.

Scrimmage was cancelled yesterday when coaches found out you guys were coming to scout. Not sure you guys knew it was scheduled for 5:45am though so it probably wouldn't have mattered.

Truth from my vantage is that Hetlet hates the green/white with a passion. Last year Brods ran the ball twice for losses and Hetlet basically shut down 1st O vs D. As is repeated often, D is way ahead of O at this point each year. Nadir was officially achieved Friday at 4:30pm, right on schedule. Nowhere to go but up now.

Reactions: JCHILLTOPPERS
Scrimmage was cancelled yesterday when coaches found out you guys were coming to scout. Not sure you guys knew it was scheduled for 5:45am though so it probably wouldn't have mattered.

Truth from my vantage is that Hetlet hates the green/white with a passion. Last year Brods ran the ball twice for losses and Hetlet basically shut down 1st O vs D. As is repeated often, D is way ahead of O at this point each year. Nadir was officially achieved Friday at 4:30pm, right on schedule. Nowhere to go but up now.
no one shows anything during the scrimmage... i would assume. Wanted to see the personnel though, to make the final adjustments to the official spread. Alas i will have to settle for the playbook someone left at the practice field

Crain_playbook.JPG

plus i heard the Hinsdale South kids talkin trash at the soda shoppe over chocolate malts and patty melts

Reactions: capnbillhitters
no one shows anything during the scrimmage... i would assume. Wanted to see the personnel though, to make the final adjustments to the official spread. Alas i will have to settle for the playbook someone left at the practice field

Crain_playbook.JPG

plus i heard the Hinsdale South kids talkin trash at the soda shoppe over chocolate malts and patty melts

DEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNN

Crain_playbook.JPG

That was our scout playbook for Libertyville. Sloppy of us to leave that layin around. Surprised it wasn't wet given the conditions.

Crain_playbook.JPG

Posting this on a message board? Really?
If you actually went and scrounged around a practice field for "clues", you go and post it? I hope this is a joke.

Last edited:
That was our scout playbook for Libertyville. Sloppy of us to leave that layin around. Surprised it wasn't wet given the conditions.
Lol me too... mustve been elusive to dodge the monsoon.

Posting this on a message board? Really?
If you actually went on scrounged around a practice field for "clues", you go an post it? I hope this is a joke.

o_O

Reactions: Wild_Mustang
Now Bones, no need bullying GW. We know you have the biggest and the baddest and everyone is picking Brook. Your attempt at sandbagging could not cover your unbridled confidence. You coming back looking for anything more than 3.5 is silly but you know that. So I can only assume that you are just laying out bait for one of the Hitters faithful to bite.

Others might bite but the line is moving so fast you might have to give me points if you don't act quick.

I expect a very tough game. The Brook is at home defending their field and pride, they have a new OC who will be very difficult to defend against, both lines are college ready kids who are twice the size of the GW kids, and GW has to make that long, lonely drive all the way down 53. The Brook clearly has the edge here in game 1.

ok guys now this is insane. The equivalent of Lebron running over a 6'1 pg then flopping and complaining to the refs.

I got it at Glenbard West -2.5 but I'm pounding Da Brook. I hope GBW wins so they're not chomping at the bit against Hinsdale South the following week in a must win. They probably will be anyway, I think they're still salty about that JV game last year :);):);):);)

Probably had negative yards against GBW last year... They dont call em The Hitters because they like to play patty cake.

That was before Charlie Weis showed up, plus we are playing on fast track not the loose toupee we played on last year.

Trib finally came out with their rankings... GBW top 5; Raiders? No number next to em.

Ever heard of the "Miracle on Ice"?

Dont worry though, Im probably out of material and will give my official prediction tomorrow.

Compelling storyline for me, now that Edgy has produced the pre-season All-State team, is whether Jackson Goleash is worthy of inclusion in the DB category. Played LB last year but taking over the Hayden Carlson centerfield role for Hetlet this year. With Kendell Smith making the Edgy All-State team as DB, we should be able to measure impact of each guy in this game. My gut is that Goleash opens a lot of eyes with his play. That kid can ball and that position in Hetlet's defense sees a ton of action.

Compelling storyline for me, now that Edgy has produced the pre-season All-State team, is whether Jackson Goleash is worthy of inclusion in the DB category. Played LB last year but taking over the Hayden Carlson centerfield role for Hetlet this year. With Kendell Smith making the Edgy All-State team as DB, we should be able to measure impact of each guy in this game. My gut is that Goleash opens a lot of eyes with his play. That kid can ball and that position in Hetlet's defense sees a ton of action.
I was surprised by the addition. My prediction could be wrong, but I dont think youre going get that scenario to come to fruition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT