ADVERTISEMENT

Get annoyed, Brother Rice

If nothing else, MC63 stays on message and is not waivering from his position.I can greatly respect that.

May parents graduated high school in 1951 - I see a lot of the same stubbornness when I visit Del Boca Vista. And dammit, they earned it!

I remember your dad ... nice kid. He was lost in the halls first day of freshman year. As a senior, it was my responsibility to help him out..

Somebody please cut MC63’s dial up line. Get him a stiff drink or some good medical marijuana. That Mt Carmel kool aid is getting the best of him. Lol. Go Mt Carmel and I hope JCA wins another useless, underachieved, low class, non big time, minor league, lower class 5A championship. I will gladly accept the asterisk that comes with it. I will gladly shine up all 14 of our trophy’s and display them on your well manicured lawn. I’m sure they will shine as brightly as your 2 big time championship trophies. Go Mt Carmel and Go Hill!!!!!!

URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT
Just released. From the desk of the IHSA President.

“Classes from 6A to 1A will not be playing for a championship trophy this year because these classes have been defined as unworthy and meaningless by one known as MC63. These classes will play all playoff games as scheduled with all players receiving a participation plastic medal with the imprint MC63 on each medal”.

“In addition, 7A and 8A, teams that win their classes, will receive medals made of gold because winning in these classes is considered superior as compared to the weaker, meek 6A and below classes whose championships are meaningless”

URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT
Just released. From the desk of the IHSA President.

“Classes from 6A to 1A will not be playing for a championship trophy this year because these classes have been defined as unworthy and meaningless by one known as MC63. These classes will play all playoff games as scheduled with all players receiving a participation plastic medal with the imprint MC63 on each medal”.

“In addition, 7A and 8A, teams that win their classes, will receive medals made of gold because winning in these classes is considered superior as compared to the weaker, meek 6A and below classes whose championships are meaningless”

Is this the best you could do?

I'm not feeling the zing since it's comparing apples to oranges but ok.
Moving on I agree MC should always remain in the blue. The idea was for each team traditionally in the blue (Br, mc, rita, pc, la) to take turns dropping down to the green. MC was first up In this new rotation format
Obviously with the new super conference the format is no longer.
I actually don't think MC had a choice in the matter
MC had a choice. Frank Lenti chose to go to green. MC's administration was furious with this.

Reactions: WIU78 and McCaravan
Is this the best you could do?
I, and many others on this forum, are still waiting for you to objectively, not subjectivity, justify your basis and premise that MCs state titles have more “worth, weight or whatever you want to call it” than schools like PC, JCA, Montini, etc. Also waiting for you to give me a date so that you and I can meet with Papa Seff so you can tell him your subjective comments about his 9 titles. I’m sure Eric Steinbach would like to be part of this discussion. You can tell him how cheap his championships were and how cheap their 50 game winning streak was because they played “lower level” teams.

So I will throw your question back at you, “is that the best you have on the “value” of state titles? Anything more than a subjective opinion.

Where did you get this information? If you're going to say this in public, please back it up.

This is pretty well known. It's been stated multiple times in this forum and I've talked to two coaches and an AD about it. Why is the burden of proof on us to prove this? You are the only MC fan questioning the validity.

Enrollment better not drop at MC. Because if they go below 7a, MC63 would have to get a valid team to root for. Because rooting for a lower class team is worthless. Lol. I think his reasoning, although no facts associated with it, all opinionated, is damn right comical. When you don’t give credit to schools, like JCA, who every year schedule 7a and 8a schools for nonconference games and play them in their conference and still make the playoffs, is just damn stupid. There’s other schools out there who do the same. Schools don’t pick what class they play in the playoffs unless they petition up. I expect MC63 to scream that Mc should be in 8a every year. Otherwise, the season is meaningless.

Enrollment better not drop at MC. Because if they go below 7a, MC63 would have to get a valid team to root for. Because rooting for a lower class team is worthless. Lol. I think his reasoning, although no facts associated with it, all opinionated, is damn right comical. When you don’t give credit to schools, like JCA, who every year schedule 7a and 8a schools for nonconference games and play them in their conference and still make the playoffs, is just damn stupid. There’s other schools out there who do the same. Schools don’t pick what class they play in the playoffs unless they petition up. I expect MC63 to scream that Mc should be in 8a every year. Otherwise, the season is meaningless.
Which begs a great question! MC vs LWE. Who you got?

Hate to say it but, LWE has never beat Mt. Carmel nor St. Rita. You can throw Richards in there as well. However MC63 is in a time warp. A championship is a championship at whatever level. Provi and JCA being demeaned is part of the lost logic link.

Reactions: Jchill-1
Hate to say it but, LWE has never beat Mt. Carmel nor St. Rita. You can throw Richards in there as well.
Stats like the above should be stated with a large qualifier, or dare I say, an asterisk. LWE has become a different animal, since the closing of North. Its roster size alone seems to put them in a class by themselves in IL, IMO. No one can match their depth of talent. Combine that with their top end talent and coaching, and you have a school that very few even match up with.

I, and many others on this forum, are still waiting for you to objectively, not subjectivity, justify your basis and premise that MCs state titles have more “worth, weight or whatever you want to call it” than schools like PC, JCA, Montini, etc. Also waiting for you to give me a date so that you and I can meet with Papa Seff so you can tell him your subjective comments about his 9 titles. I’m sure Eric Steinbach would like to be part of this discussion. You can tell him how cheap his championships were and how cheap their 50 game winning streak was because they played “lower level” teams.

So I will throw your question back at you, “is that the best you have on the “value” of state titles? Anything more than a subjective opinion.
Haha steiny could careless

My son who play for the Caravan wants to remind us that they read these posts. Players from all different schools will text each other about “check out this post on Edgy Tim” and laugh. He stated, with a laugh, “You guys are a bunch of tools”. I initially denied posting to him and he replied “Chicago Police Detective whose two older brother went to Br. Rice, not hard to figure out Dad!” He’ll make a great Detective!

My son who play for the Caravan wants to remind us that they read these posts. Players from all different schools will text each other about “check out this post on Edgy Tim” and laugh. He stated, with a laugh, “You guys are a bunch of tools”. I initially denied posting to him and he replied “Chicago Police Detective whose two older brother went to Br. Rice, not hard to figure out Dad!” He’ll make a great Detective!

Smart kid! Tell him I'm a Caravan fan (or he can just read this) and I'm just busting the guy from the 2nd graduating class who lives in the suburbs of Kenosha...

Hyde Park, Christ the King, and St. Joe’s were Montini’s Non Conference opponents. MC’s were Maine South, Loyola and Providence. Providence forfeited, not our fault. So when you look at our schedules, remembering that we both played Marmion too and Rita having a nightmare year, were they that different from each other? In fact I’d say MC was harder seeing that Iggy and Hope are playoff bound.

Caravan, I certainly understand the frustration about PC forfeiting, but I'm wondering how MC may have used the "bye" week, I'm sure the coaches and players didn't sit around moaning (at least I sure hope they didn't). Nothing like game experience, but did the off week help players with some nagging hurts get rested? Perhaps they even used the two weeks to prepare for St. Laurence. Thoughts?

Caravan, I certainly understand the frustration about PC forfeiting, but I'm wondering how MC may have used the "bye" week, I'm sure the coaches and players didn't sit around moaning (at least I sure hope they didn't). Nothing like game experience, but did the off week help players with some nagging hurts get rested? Perhaps they even used the two weeks to prepare for St. Laurence. Thoughts?
Well, unlike a bye week, they were expecting to play up until 24 hours before the game so they had their normal week of practice preparing for PC. Once it was officially forfeited they went back to the drawing board. I guess they avoided injury by not playing but they went hard in practice all week expecting to play Providence.

what I find more amusing, is that you need to throw out names as if they care.
his point and I cannot believe I am sticking up for him. is the fact that pc had a run 4yrs in which they won in a row. however, they had the chances to move up. bless their hearts they did not. they wanted the winning streak and championships more than the competition.

all mc63 is saying is if you have multiple year winnings and play DURING THE SEASON larger schools and better competition. why for the love of god can you not compete in the playoffs at that level???

we had a guy here from pc that would shout and thump his chest at ALL of the accomplishments pc had during the years. but(and now most forget) everyone here said the same thing. asterisk. why? because they did not want to step up and play the better competition.
same thing they said about naz/montini but low and behold the ihsa did for ALL of us.
it is now CALLED the success factor.
if YOUR school is/was afraid to bump yourself up, then ihsa will now do it for you.
case closed asterisk for pc championships.

But the team he backs could have done the same thing and choose not (except in a couple of cases where the IHSA put them there) so that makes him a hypocrite and that is the issue here.

I love that this thread started as a dig at Rice by MC63 and now has gone well off the rails without Rice folks getting on him.

if YOUR school is/was afraid to bump yourself up, then ihsa will now do it for you.
Unless, of course, you are Rochester. It's then okay to win 7 4A titles in 8 years, because you are a "boundaried" school and the success factor does not apply.

Reactions: Bwm57 and Gene K.
what I find more amusing, is that you need to throw out names as if they care.
his point and I cannot believe I am sticking up for him. is the fact that pc had a run 4yrs in which they won in a row. however, they had the chances to move up. bless their hearts they did not. they wanted the winning streak and championships more than the competition.

all mc63 is saying is if you have multiple year winnings and play DURING THE SEASON larger schools and better competition. why for the love of god can you not compete in the playoffs at that level???

we had a guy here from pc that would shout and thump his chest at ALL of the accomplishments pc had during the years. but(and now most forget) everyone here said the same thing. asterisk. why? because they did not want to step up and play the better competition.
same thing they said about naz/montini but low and behold the ihsa did for ALL of us.
it is now CALLED the success factor.
Still a subjective response. Need the objective facts. Oh wait, there aren’t any.

Time to flush this thread

Unless, of course, you are Rochester. It's then okay to win 7 4A titles in 8 years, because you are a "boundaried" school and the success factor does not apply.

exactly. now we all get it. lets move on.

the teams that make it through the next 5games and the two in each class still standing. deserve it.

He’s a smart kid! And a very good kid!

Reactions: McCaravan
Not a chance this gets flushed - the Commandments have yet to be broken.
My kid's classmates asked her if I posted here after some comments were made about the Huntley/Fremd game two years ago.

They at least thought I was cool ... so I have that going for me ... they particularly liked my description of the Vikings "manhandling" Rice on the line the last time the two played.

Not a chance this gets flushed - the Commandments have yet to be broken.

and as long as we continue to rile up mc63 and he responds, this will continue to go on and on and on and on and on.
anyway, the real question is??? what was that guys name from pc?
because he was also on like first name basis with seff and the coaching staff, and all of old players, I think he had on like speed dial. and he could arrange meetings with all of these people. uncanny.

OK let's get to the root of the problem. Why does this guy come here to purposely stir up anger? Most likely because he is, himself, an angry person in general. I have read his posts on all subjects in order to come to that conclusion. A very negative and disrespectful person. In his world, he is right and everyone else is wrong...all the time. Honestly, a person doesn't have to be angry all the time unless he wants to.

To purposely take shots at other programs and diminish their state titles is something I would expect from someone in grade school or high school...but not from an adult. All state titles count. To say one is better or more legitimate than another is plain silly. Everything is relative.

He can say whatever he wants about the JCA titles and he has. But I have seen plenty of JCA teams that could beat any team at any level.

After reading this, it does make me want to go out and follow JCA and hope they win another state title this year...although it will be meaningless. LOL!

OK let's get to the root of the problem. Why does this guy come here to purposely stir up anger? Most likely because he is, himself, an angry person in general. I have read his posts on all subjects in order to come to that conclusion. A very negative and disrespectful person. In his world, he is right and everyone else is wrong...all the time. Honestly, a person doesn't have to be angry all the time unless he wants to.

To purposely take shots at other programs and diminish their state titles is something I would expect from someone in grade school or high school...but not from an adult. All state titles count. To say one is better or more legitimate than another is plain silly. Everything is relative.

He can say whatever he wants about the JCA titles and he has. But I have seen plenty of JCA teams that could beat any team at any level.

After reading this, it does make me want to go out and follow JCA and hope they win another state title this year...although it will be meaningless. LOL!
Amen LTHS! Amen!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT