ADVERTISEMENT

Freshman Team Numbers

I imagine the brand new Lincoln Way West, with its facilities, opening practically right next door didn’t help either.

Reactions: Mr. Speed
You Catholic league guys really do eat your own. So from what I am reading, you think that these private schools offer "incentives" to attend their school?

Frankly, PC, I think Provi started to go downhill when:
1. One of the local public schools showed that you can compete for a title without paying tuition, then
2. PC and LWE met with LWE winning each game
3. The little problem you had with the previous president...
4 The longtime coach saw the writing on the wall and decided to retire.
I disagree Marist and cost of tuition have more to do with it then Lwe. PC used to dominate oak forest ,Tinley park, Orland park and home glen. Even used to pull alot of kids from palos. When Marist went coed they lost alot of that. Plus the cost of tuition is too expensive for a number of the regular income families that used to send there kids to catholic high school.

You Catholic league guys really do eat your own. So from what I am reading, you think that these private schools offer "incentives" to attend their school?

1. One of the local public schools showed that you can compete for a title without paying tuition, then
Correct on all points

While PC was still in its prime Lincoln way won a 6a title. Plus lockport won back to back titles. So I feel that has minimal impact on pc.

Reactions: McCaravan

It's a good thing public schools' enrollment is not dependent on the conduct and integrity of their leadership eh? I recall you touting the abilities and financial acumen of one Lawrence Wylie on this site. How's that lookin' now?

Reactions: jwarigaku
Lol
It's a good thing public schools' enrollment is not dependent on the conduct and integrity of their leadership eh? I recall you touting the abilities and financial acumen of one Lawrence Wylie on this site. How's that lookin' now?

So therein might lie the dissonance in our respective evaluations of the curriculum and faculty.
I know kids in the Honors track who did very well and had great teachers. Not across the board but definitely nothing to be upset by. I also know kids who were NOT in Honors classes. Public school would have served them better.

So therein might lie the dissonance in our respective evaluations of the curriculum and faculty.
I know kids in the Honors track who did very well and had great teachers. Not across the board but definitely nothing to be upset by. I also know kids who were NOT in Honors classes. Public school would have served them better.
True and agree

Tough decision for many "football families" residing in the LWE attendance area:
  • Send a son tuition-free to academically top-notch D210, but not necessarily have a great shot at getting on the field at the varsity level, or
  • Pay lots of money to attend a local, smaller playoff-class private school with an increased chance to compete for a starting varsity position.

Tough decision for many "football families" residing in the LWE attendance area:
  • Send a son tuition-free to academically top-notch D210, but not necessarily have a great shot at getting on the field at the varsity level, or
  • Pay lots of money to attend a local, smaller playoff-class private school with an increased chance to compete for a starting varsity position.
The only families for whom this is a decision typically have kids that aren't going to get it done no matter which way they go.

Don't ignore the following:

It used to be that the internal politics side of it made it more difficult to crack the lineup at a private. However, that predicament has become more prevalent at affluent public schools nowadays.

Privates have much more at risk now. Alumni dollars dry up when the winning stops so they're more likely to play the best kids they can at the positions they deserve to be at instead of whichever family makes the biggest donation, be it time or money to the booster club.

I applaud LWE because they've mostly stayed outside of all of that.

I got a chance to talk to one of the East kids from last year's ultra-team. I was surprised to learn they were a mess as a team and everyone kinda hated each other. Very surprising they were able to go as far they did if even a hint of that were true.

I recall you touting the abilities and financial acumen of one Lawrence Wylie on this site. How's that lookin' now?

I’m not sure that is quite accurate PJJP. I did post an article that talked about Lincoln Way doing a better job than Sandburg when spending money on schools. That was an article in the Southtown Star.

I never liked the guy and had several runs in with him so I’m waiting for the trial to start... Tell me, did they ever find McGrath?

From what I read, yes. It was his phone that mysteriously "disappeared".
The sad truth is that a mailbox was kept at the school and anyone so inclined was encouraged to drop off cards and letters of sympathy and support for McGrath which the new President assured would be delivered to the supposedly AWOL McGrath. Just another part of the cover-up they continue to perpetrate on their own and one of the main reasons why the number of their own is dwindling.

Not sure what you want me to say. The Pc community is moving forward. The past has been bitter.
Your right Pc Dad. Can't fix the past but can improve the present and the future. You are personally involved with the admin of the school so your words and thoughts mean a lot more to me than the naysayers.

Reactions: net-se
Your right Pc Dad. Can't fix the past but can improve the present and the future. You are personally involved with the admin of the school so your words and thoughts mean a lot more to me than the naysayers.
Merk was put in tough scenario and he is doing well with support of parents and the Augustinians. Time will heal.

Merk was put in tough scenario and he is doing well with support of parents and the Augustinians. Time will heal.
Heal? Stop accepting cards and letters and promising to forward them to a guy who we’ll never really know if he’s guilty of anything. Despite him acting more guilty than OJ did. I’d start there.

Heal? Stop accepting cards and letters and promising to forward them to a guy who we’ll never really know if he’s guilty of anything. Despite him acting more guilty than OJ did. I’d start there.
And now.....back to high school football...,,

Oh? You don't want to tell us more about how neighboring schools give more money and THAT's why we're seeing disparity in numbers?
Yes I think money is the biggest decision maker for parents when deciding what school to send their son an daughter to. All the local catholic school reputations speak for themselves and they are all excellent. Yet they have all had incidents that you would think would hurt their enrollment but never really do because the schools are bigger then one incident. Mt carmel had an athelete die from heat in the late 90's. But that never effected there enrollment. Marist 2 years ago had the racist text message group chat. St rita had a shot out on the baseball field between cops and a drug dealer. Br rice had the infamous buckwheat incident.

Yes I think money is the biggest decision maker for parents when deciding what school to send their son an daughter to. All the local catholic school reputations speak for themselves and they are all excellent. Yet they have all had incidents that you would think would hurt their enrollment but never really do because the schools are bigger then one incident. Mt carmel had an athelete die from heat in the late 90's. But that never effected there enrollment. Marist 2 years ago had the racist text message group chat. St rita had a shot out on the baseball field between cops and a drug dealer. Br rice had the infamous buckwheat incident.
The shot was fired in a mcdonalds parking lot down the street by dea and chicago police

Let's set up a go fund me page for mc graff,so we could send him on a 6 week vacation to the Dominican Republic,

It appears that people are finally waking up and it is taking quite a toll.
And to think all that all the while, this serpent was spearheading a student recruitment campaign that calling "negative" would be too generous.
I doubt that the Diocese of Joliet will take the action of dismissing the Augustinians and contracting with a different Order to administer the school it owns.

Last edited:
I had not heard any of this stuff, but I hope the PC community recovers from this and gets back on track.

Reactions: Bowie50
While PC was still in its prime Lincoln way won a 6a title. Plus lockport won back to back titles. So I feel that has minimal impact on pc.
From my understanding,a lot of football hopfulls would have to meet mc fag before they committed to go there. ,I'm sure he turned away dozens of kids and parents!

Every time Catholic Hs football comes up in conversation about scholarships and money,so much denial and anger is brought up.Chill out.

Every time Catholic Hs football comes up in conversation about scholarships and money,so much denial and anger is brought up.Chill out.

Money, scholarships? What say it can’t be. Nothing new here we been saying it for years only to hear denial after denial at least some posters have the balls to admit it. Honestly i don’t really care because all I ever wanted was someone to admit it.

Go Celts! Do what you need to do to survive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT