ADVERTISEMENT

Edwardsville 48, GBW 14, 3rd

So far Edwardsville is looking much more like themselves this week. Offense is rolling. Glenbard West has a touchdown from a kickoff return and from a long drive in which they used a hurry up offense to get their running game going. 2nd half should be interesting.

Glenbard with a kickoff return and onside kick recovery or it could be worse. Tigers could be a contender

I though Edwardsville was done because their stud two-way player was off the team?
That's what I thought, but I was clearly wrong. Edwardsville has adjusted this week in his absence. They still have some defensive weaknesses with him gone, but with the exception of a kickoff return for a TD, Glenbard West hasn't been able to capitalize.

Watching this game now - Eville has a Thicker Kicker like Mizzou!

Iose playing DT, not Edge. Moving spots - three men on him at a time. Three and out. Punt to the 45.

Fifty on the first play - ball at the 6. Score - two passes by Curry cover 55 yards.

Number 90 kicking off ... must be 6/3 also. Dudes limping off after the KO return.

IOSE on the right edge - tackle on the other side at the LOS. Completely outsizing GBW.

Now a safety sack on the first pass play - punting.

They have Iose standing as a linebacker on punts, bull rushes and barely misses the block.

No to be a dick, is GBW supposed to be good?
They had a lot of injuries including to their star player in the first game. Defense was their calling card but this was the second time they were picked apart by a good team with DGN being the other. Winning conference with all the injuries was a major accomplishment but didn’t have a team this year to make a deep run in 8A. Hats off to the Tigers. I have them as champs in my bracket.

• Sad
Reactions: crusader_of_90
Curry throws a 40-yard strike on first down. Ball at the 28.

Curry blasted - third down and 10! He runs for 15. First down.

3:56 1Q. 14-6

Scrambles for six.

Curry runs it to the goal line ... sneaks it home.

21-6 1:38 ... this is a turkeyshoot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT