ADVERTISEMENT

dumb recruiting questions... D3 commits

None of the schools look as good on a resume as any of the Ivy League or Northwestern

I hate to say it c90, those schools have as good of, if not better reps than many ivys and NW.

I work with all these people. I have my Western Illinois degree....it's very interesting watch them talk schools. That said, all of them agree MIT and Cal Tech are as good as it gets.

I hate to say it c90, those schools have as good of, if not better reps than many ivys and NW.

I work with all these people. I have my Western Illinois degree....it's very interesting watch them talk schools. That said, all of them agree MIT and Cal Tech are as good as it gets.

Hard to top Ivy League but yes their are some really good D3 schools that academically match up well. That said remember this post started as a dumb D3 recruiting question about kids signing to play football. None of those schools have football teams worth a damn and they don't give scholarships for playing football.

And you morphed it quickly into "Ignorant answers to Dumb D3 recruiting questions"

Hard to top Ivy League but yes their are some really good D3 schools that academically match up well. That said remember this post started as a dumb D3 recruiting question about kids signing to play football. None of those schools have football teams worth a damn and they don't give scholarships for playing football.

The biggest difference is that those who play D3 football are the definition of student-athletes who go on to be extremely successful in their post football careers. Many D1 players either have no business or no desire to be in college. They all think they will make the league and when they don't, they have nothing to fall back on.

Reactions: psspfan
The biggest difference is that those who play D3 football are the definition of student-athletes who go on to be extremely successful in their post football careers. Many D1 players either have no business or no desire to be in college. They all think they will make the league and when they don't, they have nothing to fall back on.

PRETTY GENERIC statment - having two kids involved with D1 football. 1 playing and 1 working for a team, I can say the majority of the players on their teams realize the NFL is a long shot and instead focus on getting their under grade degree in 3-3 1/2 yrs and start a post grade degree while still playing football and getting it paid for. As my son has said,
" it's a five yr business trip"

Not going to deny that some don't take school serious but to say all - is a stretch. On top of that, putting down that you were a D1 athlete on a resume is going to open quite a few doors in the work world

PRETTY GENERIC statment - having two kids involved with D1 football. 1 playing and 1 working for a team, I can say the majority of the players on their teams realize the NFL is a long shot and instead focus on getting their under grade degree in 3-3 1/2 yrs and start a post grade degree while still playing football and getting it paid for. As my son has said,
" it's a five yr business trip"

Not going to deny that some don't take school serious but to say all - is a stretch. On top of that, putting down that you were a D1 athlete on a resume is going to open quite a few doors in the work world
Never said all...I said many. I also played a D1 sport, and it was definitely a huge benefit on my resume when I graduated. Didn't allow me to have an internship over the summer, but playing a sport was a very nice differentiator. I guess my post was really geared towards the guy who seems to be dissing on D3 sports, like they shouldn't exist because the sports "aren't worth a damn". Congrats on the success of your sons...sounds like they will have a lot of success post football. A lot of D1 athletes could learn from them!

Reactions: psspfan
Yikes. That ol' argument... this is sad Corey.

Best of luck to you, and may you learn the definition and spelling of moniker.

I was thinking the same thing...know the difference between an avatar and a moniker...as we as there/their/they're..

Never said all...I said many. I also played a D1 sport, and it was definitely a huge benefit on my resume when I graduated. Didn't allow me to have an internship over the summer, but playing a sport was a very nice differentiator. I guess my post was really geared towards the guy who seems to be dissing on D3 sports, like they shouldn't exist because the sports "aren't worth a damn". Congrats on the success of your sons...sounds like they will have a lot of success post football. A lot of D1 athletes could learn from them!

Agree - D3 allows a lot of kids who want to play past ha that opportunity. NAIA is another such avenue. Our daughter played NAIA volleyball and loved it. If you have the heart and desire to play a sport in college and look past what level of play it is, you'll always have a place to play

Cal Tech and MIT, along with Chicago, and, I think Washington U of St Louis, are Ivy League equals. I believe Amherst would rank above NU.
University of Chicago (D3) (Ranked #4) and more difficult academically to get into over every Ivy League except Yal, Wash U. in St. Louis (ranked #13),MIT (Ranked #1), Bowdoin (ranked #7), Cal Tech (ranked #8), Middlebury (ranked #19).......so yeah.....there are many D3 football schools ranked as some of the best academic institutions in the world.

I don't think they D1 football players "all"are going to college just to play football. Remember they are getting a full ride to pay for their education. That's why most want to play D1. I also don't believe they "all"think they will go to the NFL. Listen the post started about asking if D3 give scholarships to play football. The answer is no. Do they give academic scholarships? Yes!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT