ADVERTISEMENT

DSR IPO Sneak Peek...added link to the sheet - check it out and ask away

JCHILLTOPPERS

May 29, 2001
Almost ready to launch. What I have discovered in preparing the contest, I have discovered...that I can't not tell just how much work this will be for me...and of course, there may be some glittches etc.

As that is the case, I am going to open the DSR IPO contest up to a limited few...maybe 20 or so...plus some celebs.

I'm going to give the pay side members first dibs. Here is how the contest will work. The actual rules are formal, but this summary explains the game well enough, and honestly, this is one of thos games that the best instructions are just learning them as you play along.

Goal: To finsih the contest with the largest portfolio.

Beginning Portfolio: Every Contestant (owner) starts with a portfolio of 300 coins.

Team Stock: Owners use their coins to buy shares of Team Stock. A share in any Team's Stock is dependant on three components. First and second seed and an algorythem; third, the round.

A share in any Team's Stock is initially set as 32 divided by a team's seed. A 1 seed's IPO cost 32 coins (32 divided by 1) ... a 16 seed's IPO costs 2 coins (32 divided by 16).After Round 1, a share in a team's stock is 32 divided by the team's seed, plus the seed. So in round 2, a 1 seed's share price goes from 32 to 33, and in round 3 it will be 34 ... Meanwhile a 16 seed's goes from 2 to 18 (32 divided by 16 plus 16); if you buy a share of a 16 team's stock in round 1 at 2 coins, and that 16 seed wins two games, the stock goes from 2 coins to 34 coins a share....but good luck...
Bankruptcy: When a team loses, their stock bankrupts, and you lose all of the coins you invested in that team.

Minimum purchases: Every week, owners will be required to spend either half of their total coins, or not have less than 100 coins left in their portfolio. Other than that, owners are free to buy as many or as little shares of any team as they choose, so long as they do not out spend their portfolio balance (which initially is 300 and after round 1 can be much higher or lower).

Week to Week: After every round, owners can examine their remaining portfolio, then exchange (sell) their stock shares, hold, or sell and buy new shares of team stock at their new price.

Winner: As stated above, after the 8 title game, the owner with largest portfolio wins. That is: the value of stock reamaining plus any unspent coin.

Purchase Cards: Owners will enter their stock orders on a google sheet I will maintaine. It will be as simple as clicking a link, selecting a tab with your user name, then entering the shares of any stock you want...their will be a list of all the team stock available and its price per share, you just type in a number underneath and ensure you do not outspend your totoal coin.

Guys, please drill away with questions - where am i not clear?

Game Play: Prior to Round 1 games, Owners use their coins to buy stock in teams.
This post was edited on 10/23 1:44 PM by JCHILLTOPPERS

This post was edited on 10/23 6:33 PM by JCHILLTOPPERS

DSR IPO Sheet

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News