ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic League in jeopardy?

interesting article....and the proposal seems to raise more questions than answers, more problems and issues than solutions...

Originally posted by MC63:
If this goes through, it would be a great opportunity to start life as an independent league. Let them keep their 8 divisions and "representative" champions.

ps: The regionalnews.com is Palos/ Orland oriented.
This post was edited on 12/4 5:42 PM by MC63
We were an independent league for longer than we've been members of this sorry athletic association. I would be quite happy to go back to that.

This district thing would be unacceptable to me. Ramblin for Commissioner of NIPL

Originally posted by DeanOfSelection:

This district thing would be unacceptable to me. Ramblin for Commissioner of NIPL
From a purely selfish perspective, I like the district concept in that LA would likely be included in a north/northwest suburban 8A district with the likes of NT, MS, ND, GBS, Stevenson, Warren, etc. ETHS, Waukegan, Z-B, and Niles West need to be considered, though. Probably would work out to be two districts combining north and northwest suburban schools like the above plus schools like Barrington, Palatine, Fremd, Huntley, Elgin, South Elgin, and Dundee Crown.

If they really want to fix the conference jumping and the scheaduling of smaller schools to become playoff eligable, why don't they make it where everybody makes the playoffs? Here is my theory on how to do it. First you either start the season one week earlier or have only eight regular season games. This will bring it to 512 teams compared to 256. I think I read that there was 542 teams that played football in Illinois this year, with that remaining 30 teams you play a playoff qualifier game the Wednessday before like they use to do in the past. Does this make any sense? What do you guys think?

I "might" be for all making playoffs ONLY IF the # of classes were reduced-which u know wont happen cause whole point is to hand these people trophies.

+1 Stump. This idea would solve the issue of scheduling to stay playoff eligible, and would create better non-con matchups. Likely won't happen, as it makes sense, and the IHSA is mostly anti-sense.

You could take out the Intra City teams from CPS and you would have almost exaclty 512. Just start the season a week earleir and problem solved.

We are told that we can't do 1-32 seeding because of the travel.

But - for the regular season - we should force Belleville East into a conference with Joliet Central (4 hours), Joliet East (4 hours) and Plainfield South (4 hours); while Plainfield South can't play Plainfield East (20 minutes), North (9 minutes) and Central (9 minutes).

And then at the end of the year, after we've had our fill of such classics as St Rita vs Oak Lawn and Mt Carmel vs Schurz (but no St Rita vs Loyola or Mt Carmel vs Loyola), we go straight to regional brackets.

After a guy makes a proposal as silly as this, I'm beginning to understand why he has trouble scheduling games.

Go to any other sport: tennis, golf, boxing, wrestling, soccer -- your win/loss record AND the quality of your opponent is factored into your ranking. Every one can understand that. If your system rewards "5 wins" and doesn't properly factor in the strength of your competition, then tinker with that, don't go re-inventing the whole system.

Step 1: Go to 1-32 seeding.
Step 2: Factor in strength of schedule on the seeding.

Originally posted by MC63:
If this goes through, it would be a great opportunity to start life as an independent league. Let them keep their 8 divisions and "representative" champions.

ps: The regionalnews.com is Palos/ Orland oriented.
This post was edited on 12/4 5:42 PM by MC63
Cant wait for the Joliet Central/Edwardsville freshmen game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT