ADVERTISEMENT

Cary-Grove 28 Lake Zurich 10 final

PR is 5a now. CG and PR havent been the top 2 6a teams for a while now and have only played each other once the last 10 years where both had been contending for a state championship.
They have met in the playoffs in 2019 and 2017.

Coaches can prepare all they want, but not the same players anymore that played against CG.
Thats an odd comment. No one has the same players from 2 years ago. What are they supposed to do for a week before state if not prepare for CG?

Agreed. I think it’s somehow being misunderstood that someone is suggesting that PR or CG didn’t deserve to be in championship games that they have been in; that’s not true. We are only debunking the notion that they both should have made it (or with the 1-32 seeding will make it) to play against each other in a State Championship. As though they have ever been the rightful #1 and #2 seeds in 6A.
There is a misunderstanding, I read it as saying that in 2019, neither team deserved to be in The finals. Obviously since ESL won it that year, PR or CG were not the 2 best teams.
I’m saying that in 2017, CG and PR might have been the two best teams. Might but we’ll never know.

Thats an odd comment. No one has the same players from 2 years ago. What are they supposed to do for a week before state if not prepare for CG?
Not what I’m saying, you can try and prepare a team against a scheme they might’ve not seen at all the whole season, but it’s hard to prepare against the triple option. As a coaches perspective you know more, but it takes the players to do their assignments as well and reading the reads. It’s different once you go against it in full speed. Not saying ESl is not capable of doing that. Theirs a reason why they’re a top program.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
Not what I’m saying, you can try and prepare a team against a scheme they might’ve not seen at all the whole season, but it’s hard to prepare against the triple option. As a coaches perspective you know more, but it takes the players to do their assignments as well and reading the reads. It’s different once you go against it in full speed. Not saying ESl is not capable of doing that. Theirs a reason why they’re a top program.
Same can be said for any team that execute their offense very well. A balanced spread team is equally if not more difficult to stop as the triple option. It’s more about execution versus the type of offense.

Reactions: CGsupporter
There is a misunderstanding, I read it as saying that in 2019, neither team deserved to be in The finals. Obviously since ESL won it that year, PR or CG were not the 2 best teams.
I’m saying that in 2017, CG and PR might have been the two best teams. Might but we’ll never know.
Yes it was a huge misunderstanding. Every team that make it to the finals deserve to be there. I think it’s crazy that people say early round games are the actual championship. Those are very bold statements.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT