ADVERTISEMENT

Cary-Grove 28 Lake Zurich 10 final

Another note if PR stays 5A. And the IHSA keeps 6A like it is These 2 will be in the Finals the next 2 years at least. Go 1-32

Reactions: CGsupporter
It'd be nice to see CG and PR have a chance to meet each other in the finals, instead of always knocking the other out in Rounds two, the quarters and semi's--while having schools like ESL and Rita (if doesn't petition up to 7A again) playing different opponents in the northern region.

It'd be nice to see CG and PR have a chance to meet each other in the finals, instead of always knocking the other out in Rounds two, the quarters and semi's--while having schools like ESL and Rita (if doesn't petition up to 7A again) playing different opponents in the northern region.
PR is 5a now. CG and PR havent been the top 2 6a teams for a while now and have only played each other once the last 10 years where both had been contending for a state championship.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
Ok I get that you want 1-32 in 6A, but that is nonsense. Until this year when PR dropped down, and the exception of 2022, every year they are both contending for the title.

Why would that be nice?? Kinda weird and teetering on being narcissistic IMO, given all the other areas throughout the state represented in 6A.

Reactions: jha618
Ok I get that you want 1-32 in 6A, but that is nonsense. Until this year when PR dropped down, and the exception of 2022, every year they are both contending for the title.
They faced each other in the playoffs in '17 when CG finished 7-4. Their other losses that year were to Huntley and SE and neither of them won a playoff game so you cant really say CG was a serious contender for the title that year. The other year was '19 when ESL was far and away the best 6a team so both CG and PR didnt deserve to be in the title game.

Duly noted. I just think 1 - 32 seeding in 5A/6A would be a very good thing.
I haven’t been paying attention. What’s better about 1-32 seeding? Sounds like some don’t think CG deserves to be in the finals?

Last edited:
You’re what hurts? I am weird and narcissistic according to you? Is this how you normally present your counterpoints by shaming others for having an opinion?
I didn’t label you anything, nor does anything on me hurt… 🤷🏾‍♂️. I simply suggested that the desire to play a fellow conference member in a “State” Championship teeters on being narcissistic, again, IMO (In My Opinion). That would totally take away from the excitement of a Championship Game. It’s not an attack on you, personally.

Last edited:
They faced each other in the playoffs in '17 when CG finished 7-4. Their other losses that year were to Huntley and SE and neither of them won a playoff game so you cant really say CG was a serious contender for the title that year. The other year was '19 when ESL was far and away the best 6a team so both CG and PR didnt deserve to be in the title game.
Both Huntley and SE were 8A schools, and Superman pulled it out for PR from the fire in the last 35 seconds, and then rolled. One could argue, that the 2nd round game was for the state.
So since ESL won in 2019, No one else deserved to be in title game? Which was a pretty decent game for 3 quarters.
I get that ESL is a great program, but you don’t gain points for diminishing the great programs.
I would also add the CG and PR would welcome the 1-32

Both Huntley and SE were 8A schools, and Superman pulled it out for PR from the fire in the last 35 seconds, and then rolled. One could argue, that the 2nd round game was for the state.
So since ESL won in 2019, No one else deserved to be in title game? Which was a pretty decent game for 3 quarters.
I get that ESL is a great program, but you don’t gain points for diminishing the great programs.
I think that you guys are ridiculously missing the point. You are inferring, whether intentionally or not, that there are years CG and PR are the best 2 teams in 6A, and while doing so, “diminishing” all the other teams in 6A. Is it great that between the two, you guys have represented the North half of the bracket for the past 7 years? Yes. But that doesn’t translate to being the best two teams in 6A. One could argue that the North is just an easier path. I’m not saying that, but it could be a consideration.

I think that you guys are ridiculously missing the point. You are inferring, whether intentionally or not, that there are years CG and PR are the best 2 teams in 6A, and while doing so, “diminishing” all the other teams in 6A. Is it great that between the two, you guys have represented the North half of the bracket for the past 7 years? Yes. But that doesn’t translate to being the best two teams in 6A. One could argue that the North is just an easier path. I’m not saying that, but it could be a consideration.
I agree. I just want to know what final matchup people are expecting or wanting to say we need 1-32.

No, im not diminishing anyone. And to say the second rd game was for state when it didnt involve the team ranked #1 in that class all year is crazy. The point was that because esl was clearly number 1, CG and PR were at best 2 and 3. Meaning they BOTH didnt deserve to be in the championship game.

No, im not diminishing anyone. And to say the second rd game was for state when it didnt involve the team ranked #1 in that class all year is crazy. The point was that because esl was clearly number 1, CG and PR were at best 2 and 3. Meaning they BOTH didnt deserve to be in the championship game.
That is ridiculous, ESL is #1 so one else DESERVES to be in the Championship game? Do you mean that didn’t both deserve to be in the championship game?
BTW PR was the # 1 team in 2017.

That is ridiculous, ESL is #1 so one else DESERVES to be in the Championship game? Do you mean that didn’t both deserve to be in the championship game?
Money says ESL but we remember CG.
I consider CG the little brother of LWE. Hard nosed program that plays technically sound football with good athletic players. Not a lot of D-1 players but some really solid tough HS players with really good coaching that play as a team with a lot of heart!

No, whats ridiculous is you suggesting that a quarterfinal game btw 2 teams and neither won state was the actual state championship game. My comment is basic math. Only two teams can play in the championship game. ESL was #1 all year and won state...thats one of your "deserving" teams. No matter how good you thought CG or PR was that year, they both didn't "deserve" to play for state that year. I even put BOTH in all caps in the post you replied to.

And we are talking about 2019. ESL was 7a in '17 and lost to MC in the quarters.

No, whats ridiculous is you suggesting that a quarterfinal game btw 2 teams and neither won state was the actual state championship game. My comment is basic math. Only two teams can play in the championship game. ESL was #1 all year and won state...thats one of your "deserving" teams. No matter how good you thought CG or PR was that year, they both didn't "deserve" to play for state that year. I even put BOTH in all caps in the post you replied to.

And we are talking about 2019. ESL was 7a in '17 and lost to MC in the quarters.
To add to that, no one has even mentioned the fact that PR dropped down to 5A this year, being undefeated, only to lose in the first round to a 4-5 Naz. Naz is a tough and worthy program and ,no question, they’re ultimately the favorite for 5A at this point, much like last year, but it is a bit telling of something. IJS.

Any team that makes it to the state championship game deserve it. Cary and PR just happened to dominate in 6a. In 2014 Cary made it to the 7a state championship. Lost to providence and I believe they should’ve won that game. Some may argue that was Cary’s best team. But just shows Cary can play with the best. Cary and PR run the triple option at a very high level. They’ll keep up with any school in the state offensively.

He’s saying that they BOTH didn’t deserve to be in the title game, only one of them did as it played out.

To add to that, no one has even mentioned the fact that PR dropped down to 5A this year, being undefeated, only to lose in the first round to a 4-5 Naz. Naz is a tough and worthy program and ,no question, they’re ultimately the favorite for 5A at this point, much like last year, but it is a bit telling of something. IJS.
Mistakes cause you to lose some games, teams will take advantage of them. That’s what happens to prairie ridge against naz, But losing to the now favorite naz doesn’t take anything away from PR.

Any team that makes it to the state championship game deserve it. Cary and PR just happened to dominate in 6a. In 2014 Cary made it to the 7a state championship. Lost to providence and I believe they should’ve won that game. Some may argue that was Cary’s best team. But just shows Cary can play with the best. Cary and PR run the triple option at a very high level. They’ll keep up with any school in the state offensively.
Agreed. I think it’s somehow being misunderstood that someone is suggesting that PR or CG didn’t deserve to be in championship games that they have been in; that’s not true. We are only debunking the notion that they both should have made it (or with the 1-32 seeding will make it) to play against each other in a State Championship. As though they have ever been the rightful #1 and #2 seeds in 6A.

Mistakes cause you to lose some games, teams will take advantage of them. That’s what happens to prairie ridge against naz, But losing to the now favorite naz doesn’t take anything away from PR.
Sure, that can be said about any game, in any year, depending on your bias.

Agreed. I think it’s somehow being misunderstood that someone is suggesting that PR or CG didn’t deserve to be in championship games that they have been in; that’s not true. We are only debunking the notion that they both should have made it (or with the 1-32 seeding will make it) to play against each other in a State Championship. As though they have ever been the rightful #1 and #2 seeds in 6A.
I don’t think Cary or Praire ridge had been just as good in the past in the same year up until this year. People who cover the fox valley know whether it’s CGs year for a title run or Praire ridge. Usually one is a heavier favorite than the other. Many people counted out CG in the beginning of the year because they’re a very young team. But CG is expected to have a good team again next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT