ADVERTISEMENT

Carl Sandburg at Lincoln-Way East

WIU78

Dec 27, 2006
Short trip down LaGrange avenue for the Eagles. At 5-2 this may be the best Sandburg team in years. Any thoughts on this one? I know the Griffins are nursing some key injuries.

The LWE train does not seem quite likely to go off the rails just yet. I still wonder how the close shave against Batavia came to be in Week 2 even though it was long ago. Sandburg is giving up over 24 points per game while East surrenders less than 7.

Well… I can tell you this…Batavia is head and shoulders above anything LWE has played since week 2. If you want any whys…home game for Batavia, one less day of prep for the Griffins playing on the prior Saturday, and losing a star receiver on the first TD drive.
NO way to take anything away from Batavia as they are a great HS team at any level. The above mentioned are excuses you could use if you had your head in the sand and haven’t seen Batavia this year. As a HS fan I have to say going for the win as Batavia did was superb. Realistically ONE missed block cost them the victory. Don’t sleep on Batavia.

I've seen Sandburg and only heard/read about LWE. Nothing against Sandburg but I don't see this one being close unless LWE is seriously impacted by injuries. I just think we are talking about two completely different tiers.

Z>McCallister

LW East wins 42 to 14. Sandburg is not the same school it was in 90s and early 2000s. Down across the board in almost all sports.

Reactions: mwesley78
This game might be closer than expected. The rain could help Sandburg. Although East has an excellent running game. East is at home so I am going to say 28-14 Griffins but it could be closer.

Reactions: mwesley78
Southside74 has Sandburg putting up 28 points at LWE. I would have to say that won’t happen. Seeing MS4EVER put in a prediction I will give the team from Park Ridge a nod and say the Hawks could put up 28. Not seeing it from the Sandburg Eagles.

Reactions: MS4EVER
With weather being a factor now. I don’t think Sandburg even scores 14. They have a solid passing attack but with with all the rain, I am switching my prediction to 42-7

Reactions: WIU78
Smart move southside74! The last 5 games the Griffins have given up 23 total points with D leading the way to victories. Weather hasn’t been a factor. We will see Friday.

This is a good win for East! Sandburg has a ways to go as does everyone else in the SWSB if they think they have caught up to the Griffins!
Go East!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT