ADVERTISEMENT

Byron 26 @ Montini 20. Final. Considine is a legend

Montini played well. I thought they should disperse the ball more on offense. QB had 2 picks on short throws where I did not see a Montini reciever nearby but I was a long distance from the action. He also has one dropped pass that looked like it may be a TD.

Montini had a good game plan to run the ball and run the clock to keep it out of the hands of the Byron talented RBs but it just did not work in the end.

Montini played well. I thought they should disperse the ball more on offense. QB had 2 picks on short throws where I did not see a Montini reciever nearby but I was a long distance from the action. He also has one dropped pass that looked like it may be a TD.

Montini had a good game plan to run the ball and run the clock to keep it out of the hands of the Byron talented RBs but it just did not work in the end.
Was at the game also - we had our chances. Yes, the one dropped pass hurt, same with the taunting penalty. Montini may have won the game it not for the dropped pass and taunting penalty. This was a good team, won 9 games which equals our win total over the last 3 seasons. Plus gave Byron everything they could handle. Byron will finish the year either #1 or #2 all time in Illinois for points in a season. No shame in losing to them.

Looking forward to next year - I count 6 returning starters on offense and 10 on defense. Yes, we lose Marre and Assay, but the rest of the team looks solid.

I'm willing to bet we see Byron again next year. We have a year to prepare for the Wing-T.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT