ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Question for your fav conference in 2024?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Lots of early preseason questions....one of the biggest in my mind is how well will the DVC/SWSB comb work out? Who has the advantage?

Post your top questions and conferences here

All..... The CS8 Conference. Ratsy

Will everyone be happy at the end of the season with the new two division setup?

How will the new kids on the block Lincoln and QND fare?

Will Chatham the best team (on paper) in the conference be really that good?

Reactions: EdgyTim
Western Big 6

Does Quincy and their high powered offense rule the conference another year? Or does Moline or Sterling claw their way back to the top?

Where does Geneseo go after last years breakout season and having a new head coach?

Does Rock Island, United Township, and Galesburg find a way out of the ceiler?

All..... The CS8 Conference. Ratsy

Will everyone be happy at the end of the season with the new two division setup?

How will the new kids on the block Lincoln and QND fare?

Will Chatham the best team (on paper) in the conference be really that good?
Good questions. Here's a few more.

What team(s) will most benefit from the Week 1 and 2 non-conference games, either from a Won-Loss standpoint or for later season development?

After two seasons without making the playoffs, can Springfield emerge as SHG's main competition in the West division?

Which team is likely to improve the most from '23 and which is most likely to take a step backwards?

What will the 'Brook's debut in the SW Prairie look like? Is the door permanently closed on H-F's push to enter the Southland becoming the 2nd school to leave the SWSC after the Raiders? Will a single season really be enough to evaluate the SWSC/DVC merger in football?

Good questions. Here's a few more.

What team(s) will most benefit from the Week 1 and 2 non-conference games, either from a Won-Loss standpoint or for later season development?

After two seasons without making the playoffs, can Springfield emerge as SHG's main competition in the West division?

Which team is likely to improve the most from '23 and which is most likely to take a step backwards?
1. Crimsons will likely be the only undefeated team out of the West when week 3 arrives and division play starts. They are looking for w's and at least five shouldn't be a problem.

2. The Senators lose a bunch of seniors. QB Scheffler will be back and that's big. But SHS all last season had mistake after mistake which killed them in games. That has to stop if they want to make a run.

3. Chatham and they were pretty good last year has the potential to be even better. (Just talk with Titan fans. They will tell you 🙃) Railsplitters better start with two wins. Even if they do five is going to be tough. Ratsy

How the CCL shakes out.
- IC, how do they respond after maybe one of their best teams.
- SF, lots of skill position talent. How does the OL/DL hold up? Which QB starts?
- Naz, i just assume they break my heart again! lol
- CoM, do they continue their climb.
- Marist, do they rebound?
- Rita, know very little about them for next year.

Just a few thoughts...

How the CCL shakes out.
- IC, how do they respond after maybe one of their best teams.
- SF, lots of skill position talent. How does the OL/DL hold up? Which QB starts?
- Naz, i just assume they break my heart again! lol
- CoM, do they continue their climb.
- Marist, do they rebound?
- Rita, know very little about them for next year.

Just a few thoughts...
I would say CoM should have a solid season. MC and LA will dominate each with a great QB. Who will be Rice QB? Marist got in a nice transfer QB from LWE in Ritter. Rita lost a bunch of starters to transfer portal but they will be solid with their returning QB and RB (Herman). Rice if they stay healthy should have a solid D - but who will be the QB?

What will the 'Brook's debut in the SW Prairie look like? Is the door permanently closed on H-F's push to enter the Southland becoming the 2nd school to leave the SWSC after the Raiders? Will a single season really be enough to evaluate the SWSC/DVC merger in football?
I've heard literally nothing regarding an H-F departure......

The first time I heard it a few months ago, I brushed it off, but now a 2nd time? The H-F 4A boys' hoops state title would not likely help any Viking overtures to the Southland. Also, in track & field, boys' teams have been 1st or 2nd at the State Meet 3 of last 5 seasons and on the girls' side, 4 runner-up team finishes in the last 6 years.

Last edited:
Others?

Big 12: Impact of Tim Thornton leaving Peoria and can the Lions remain on top?

West Sub Silver: Can York remain on top under a new HC? Does anyone in the Silver have a leg up on the rest of the conference?

SWS Prairie? Impact of adding Bolingbrook?

The Plainfield East game should be fun!
PowerI66 - surprised you haven't weighed in on Fremd's expected resurgence this fall. I think they're a 6-3 kinda team and make the playoffs for the first time in years.

Otherwise-

Barrington will live and die by big plays like they often do. I don't think Piepert has the crew around him he had last year so we'll see. Could be 12-1 again, or could be 6-4.

Palatine ought to be one of the best teams around, but after last season they'll need to prove it. By my count they have 7 guys with D1 offers, and younger guys like upcoming juniors Kole Fager, Will Santiago, and Jordan Bostick will all be stars. Like Barrington, ought to be 12-1, but could be 6-4 again.

Hoffman Estates lost some good guys but usually seem to reload well. See them around 6-3 or 5-4 and in the playoffs.

Conant and Schaumburg bringing up the rear.. neither just seems to get the athletes they once did

Last edited:
PowerI66 - surprised you haven't weighed in on Fremd's expected resurgence this fall. I think they're a 6-3 kinda team and make the playoffs for the first time in years.

Otherwise-

Barrington will live and die by big plays like they often do. I don't think Piepert has the crew around him he had last year so we'll see. Could be 12-1 again, or could be 6-4.

Palatine ought to be one of the best teams around, but after last season they'll need to prove it. By my count they have 7 guys with D1 offers, and younger guys like upcoming juniors Kole Fager, Will Santiago, and Jordan Bostick will all be stars. Like Barrington, ought to be 12-1, but could be 6-4 again.

Hoffman Estates lost some good guys but usually seem to reload well. See them around 6-3 or 5-4 and in the playoffs.

Conant and Schaumburg bringing up the rear.. neither just seems to get the athletes they once did
I couldn't think of only one question, that's why. It appears you couldn't either!

Reactions: missingwalter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT