ADVERTISEMENT

Bears Football Talk

Geez! Tough audience indeed! A lot to unpack here.

1. The announcers for the game were the 4th crew. In other words, the 4th string. I am NOT going to judge Vilma based on one performance. Stockton has been announcing since I was in grade school. But, so has Al Michaels. Big difference in the two.

2. Hey, it's a win and I'll take it. Looking at the next four games, I don't think it's out of the question to think the Bears could be 4-1. I am not saying they will be. The Giants are next. They haven't played but we'll get to see them tonight. Atlanta comes after that. Matt Ryan had a good day but threw 54 passes and the Falcons gave up 38 points. Then it's the Colts. They lost to Jacksonville 27-20. Rivers threw 2 picks and would have had a 3rd if the play wasn't called back because of a penalty. Then it's the Bucs and Brady was awful, throwing 2 picks including a pick-6. They gave up 34 points. Again, I think 4-1 is very possible.

3. I realize, this thread is titled "Bears Football Talk," But, some of you guys need to look around the league. I saw a lot of bad throws throughout the league yesterday and I think it's because there were no preseason games, more than anything. Burrow made an incredibly stooopid shovel pass yesterday late in the game when the Bengals were driving in a tight game. He tried to pass it to a RB, and threw it right into the arms of Melvin Ingram of SD. He also missed a wide open A.J Green in the end zone. But, I am cutting him some slack. This was his first game and he wasn't awful, although he thinks he was. Jimmy Garoppolo also made some bad throws in the 49ers, Cardinals game. I think a lot of what we saw yesterday was timing issues. We all know practice speed isn't game speed.

4. Most importantly...Corey you are awesome and extremely entertaining. I know you're pissed when you're pissed. But I LOL when reading some of your posts. Not saying that in a derogatory way. It's just nice to see someone else pissed off once in a while. I know you don't live here and don't see pregame columns about the upcoming game. But, this game was Trubisky's to win or lose. Foles was not going to come in unless Trubisky was injured. That was written on Friday or Saturday. The only time I was really pissed was when Trubisky fumbled as he was sacked. He made a poor decision to try and get away from guys he wasn't going to get away from instead of just going down. If the Lions recovered that ball, they probably would have won.

I just read this thread. I didn't see any of it yesterday. And I am not Pollyanna. I know this team has a ways to go. The fact still is, if D'Andre Swift, who was wide open in the end zone, catches a perfectly thrown pass from Matthew Stafford with six seconds left, the Lions win. But that's football and I saw plenty of mistakes in other games too.

LMAO LTHS
I stand by what I wrote I give Trubisky credit for a good 4th qtr and the win. I wouldn’t bet on him from one game to the next. Sorry eventually Foles will be the Bears QB before the season ends and if he isn’t Nagy will be gone. The Bears won a game against an awful Detroit team. You can hang your hat on Trubisky but I won’t, he reminds me of another deer in the headlights QB named Cutler. Yuck!

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
he reminds me of another deer in the headlights QB named Cutler. Yuck!

Two very different type of QBs. Cutler known for his gun and 3 turnovers per game. Trubisky known for his running ability and unable to hit receivers downfield on the sidelines.

LMAO LTHS
I stand by what I wrote I give Trubisky credit for a good 4th qtr and the win. I wouldn’t bet on him from one game to the next. Sorry eventually Foles will be the Bears QB before the season ends and if he isn’t Nagy will be gone. The Bears won a game against an awful Detroit team. You can hang your hat on Trubisky but I won’t, he reminds me of another deer in the headlights QB named Cutler. Yuck!
Let's be clear here, Corey. I am not hanging my hat on Trubisky. I think he is inconsistent too. Yep, Detroit has a reputation of pissing games away and did it again on Sunday. What I also did was to point out bad QB play throughout the league. We aren't alone here in Chicago. But, with that said, it doesn't mean we have to put up with it. If Trubisky goes back to what we are used to this weekend we have a right to be aggravated and Pace will never admit that mistake. There was never a question in my mind Trubisky was going to get the first shot.

I happened to be listening to the radio in the car last Saturday morning and Mike North asked a very interesting question. He asked how the fans would feel if Trubisky had a day where he was, say 16, for 35 for 190 yards and one pick but the Bears won. And how would they feel if he was 20 for 38 for 275 yards and 2 TDs no picks, but the team lost? That is a very, very interesting question. To me, I am taking the win even if the QB isn't great. Unless Trubisky is just awful and the Bears lose he is going to start in week 3. If he plays a decent to good game and they lose, he will still start the third game.

Bombshell, Allen Robinson asked to be traded.

Posted just now by 670 The Score on facebook.

Two very different type of QBs. Cutler known for his gun and 3 turnovers per game. Trubisky known for his running ability and unable to hit receivers downfield on the sidelines.

Agree except neither are accurate with their passes and both have that same stupid deer in the headlights look when something goes wrong.

In the 16 game season, how many games do you expect your team to score a 1st half touchdown??

As much as it pains me Trubisky breaks the top ten.

LOL... after one week. Without a preseason. Against a backup secondary. A secondary that was the worst in the league last year. He will come back down to earth by week 4. If he even remains the starting quarterback for the Bears by then.

Let's be clear here, Corey. I am not hanging my hat on Trubisky. I think he is inconsistent too. Yep, Detroit has a reputation of pissing games away and did it again on Sunday. What I also did was to point out bad QB play throughout the league. We aren't alone here in Chicago. But, with that said, it doesn't mean we have to put up with it. If Trubisky goes back to what we are used to this weekend we have a right to be aggravated and Pace will never admit that mistake. There was never a question in my mind Trubisky was going to get the first shot.

I happened to be listening to the radio in the car last Saturday morning and Mike North asked a very interesting question. He asked how the fans would feel if Trubisky had a day where he was, say 16, for 35 for 190 yards and one pick but the Bears won. And how would they feel if he was 20 for 38 for 275 yards and 2 TDs no picks, but the team lost? That is a very, very interesting question. To me, I am taking the win even if the QB isn't great. Unless Trubisky is just awful and the Bears lose he is going to start in week 3. If he plays a decent to good game and they lose, he will still start the third game.

Hard to argue with your points and I agree on both accounts. He will need to play awful and lose the game. Knowing the Bears brass he still might not get benched. So far today he is playing okay but it’s early. He’s been sacked twice. I think he holds the ball to long.

Blue are you a Bears fan? If you are take the win! If your not then you may be right but why the negativity?
Corey: Of course we will take the win. But struggling in week one and again yesterday to two teams who are now a combined 0-4 concerns me. Those are two bad teams. Second half yesterday was the same kind of stuff we have gotten used to, if it's possible to get used to.

Hard to argue with your points and I agree on both accounts. He will need to play awful and lose the game. Knowing the Bears brass he still might not get benched. So far today he is playing okay but it’s early. He’s been sacked twice. I think he holds the ball to long.

He is clearly under orders to stay in the pocket more. He doesn't scramble anywhere close to his first couple of seasons.

It is worth noting that both TD passes came after he left the pocket and improvised.

He is clearly under orders to stay in the pocket more. He doesn't scramble anywhere close to his first couple of seasons.

It is worth noting that both TD passes came after he left the pocket and improvised.

Both of his TD's were slop. He rarely seems to throw in rhythm. He hasn't gotten any better....would even venture to say he has gotten worse. I don't feel good about this offense what so ever.

with that said, we are 0-2 and am optimistic we will get better as the season goes on since we did not have any pre-season.

We could be seeing defenses making a conscious effort to focus on keeping Trubisky better contained in the pocket going forward. Maybe easier said than done, but having him try to beat you passing bracketed inside the tackles might be worth serious consideration.

Miller and Robinson each had a few plays that could have been made. Mitch’s inaccuracy is still a major concern. Even on his completions his ball placement is poor. Can’t throw behind a player on a crossing route.

Reactions: sporthog9er
Mitch’s inaccuracy is still a major concern. Even on his completions his ball placement is poor. Can’t throw behind a player on a crossing route.
Agreed. Mitch will never be an accurate passer. I still find it ironic that that was one of his alleged strong points when Pace drafted him. The QB situation also tells me Nick Foles is not very good, assuming there was a legitimate QB competition in camp.

Personally, I don't think there ever was an actual QB competition. No preseason to see how each guy did. Just practice and we all know that practice doesn't always give you a real look at what a guy can or will do. Mitch was getting the first crack. That was the plan all along unless he was injured. And now they won't bench him as long as the team is winning. And I think even if they lose this Sunday, which I think they will, and Mitch looks bad, it's probably better than a 50% chance he starts in week four.

We do have a game history for each guy. We know Mitch. I am no expert but I don't see where he has improved, yet Nagy keeps saying he has progressed. Nagy is either lying, or he's terrible at assessing talent and results. It's one or the other, or maybe both.

Typical Bears game. Seventeen points seem to be number. If they score 17 or more, they win a lot more than they lose. This was, in my mind, a defensive win. They only gave up 13 points. So far this week, five teams have given up less than 17 points and all five won. Throw in week one and you have a total of 10 teams that gave up less than 17 points...and they all won.

Corey: Of course we will take the win. But struggling in week one and again yesterday to two teams who are now a combined 0-4 concerns me. Those are two bad teams. Second half yesterday was the same kind of stuff we have gotten used to, if it's possible to get used to.

I agree when it comes to our QB and actually our Coach Nagy. Nagy has stuck with Mitch to his own detriment. Nick Foles is the better more accurate passer. Nick has proven he can take a team to the SB and win it. Mitch has proven he is not a franchise QB. We all know who is the better QB so let’s make the move and go with the guy who has been there done that before. I am not saying Nick is a franchise QB by any means but at the very least he can throw a pass that doesn’t look like a wounded duck. Good God!

RB Alvin Kamara / Saints vs RB Josh Jacobs / Raiders

Battle of Bears Draft picks traded away tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT